What's In Hd This Week

His point is that seven's 'HD' is no better than its SD and I disagree completely.

ITS WORSE!!!

Stones

Are you american, if you are then my above attempt at humour, comes under the heading of irony. :blink:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's In High Definition This Week

I'll have to make a new thread every week for this, as after a few days I am unable to edit the first post (to update the information). It'll be weekly from now on. Do you think it should be every three or four days to keep it fresh in people's minds - or should I stick to weekly?

My vote would be update weekly.

What would be the best HD program to show friends the improved picture quality between SD and HD? Which one has the most noticeable improvement?

Studio shots in 'Today' are very good quality. 'Good Morning Australia' also has very sharp video. 'Totally Wild' is one of the best examples of HD, even though it is on a so called 'HD Lite' bitrate. 'Smallville' is also quite good. 'One on One' is shown very early in the morning, but has excellent picture quality. Those are just off the top of my head - there are plenty of others.

I reckon there ought to be a tally at the end, just to show that HD isn't being neglected in the country :blink:

(an hour count would probably be asking for too much, though it would be nice to know just how many hours each network are putting in to surpass their HD quota)

And yet again, I didn't see another program during my sweep of the tv guide... this time, it's Karate Kid... doubt it would be of high quality though, considering it's age...

They upconvert nothing. They bodge SD programs to Low Def format.

You reckon one of these would help them when broadcasting SD sources? http://pro.jvc.com/prof/Attributes/feature...el_id=MDL101225

Need to couple it with this too I guess: http://pro.jvc.com/prof/Attributes/feature...el_id=MDL101391

$19,500US for the Upconvertor, $29,995US for the Encoder