Sign in to follow this  
NevB

Waiting for LG 71" LCoS 1080p!

I'm not really up with all this but just wondering, are there any rear projection tvs that are 1080p (or even 1080i)? Seems sort of pointless to get a 720p tv when you can't make the most of the 1080 resolution.

The LG 70” LCoS RPTV is 1080p, so are the upcoming Sony SXRD RPTV’s.

All HD CRT RPTV’s are 1080i.

I'm not really up with all this but just wondering, are there any rear projection tvs that are 1080p (or even 1080i)? Seems sort of pointless to get a 720p tv when you can't make the most of the 1080 resolution.

Im guessing it depends on viewing distance.

To me the biggest problem with these sets is being able to see a good demonstration of their capabilities before committing all that money.

I saw the 70" JVC LCOS at HN and it was unwatchable. Presumably HN was happy with this demo though I can't imagine anyone buying the set.

We are all waiting (well, lots of us are) for Sony SXRD but where will we see a demo that makes the most of its qualities? I can't imagine many suppliers will be offering in-home demos of a 70" screen.

To me the biggest problem with these sets is being able to see a good demonstration of their capabilities before committing all that money.

I saw the 70" JVC LCOS at HN and it was unwatchable. Presumably HN was happy with this demo though I can't imagine anyone buying the set.

We are all waiting (well, lots of us are) for Sony SXRD but where will we see a demo that makes the most of its qualities? I can't imagine many suppliers will be offering in-home demos of a 70" screen.

Thats exactly what I posted in another thread.

I walked into HN and looked at every technology and every set.

I honestly didnt see a thing that that I would want to buy. I cant imagine how they sell anything between the genuinely crappy flat panel LCD's that smear and the terrible feeds.

Im trying to find a smaller electronics store that has sets on dedicated feeds.

Even if you do find one, to be fair you should buy it from them. But that might $2000 more. It's a dilemma.

Anyone know the Sony store in Chapel St Prahran, and whether their demos are good? That might be the place for Victorians to see SXRD.

Even if you do find one, to be fair you should buy it from them. But that might $2000 more. It's a dilemma.

Anyone know the Sony store in Chapel St Prahran, and whether their demos are good?  That might be the place for Victorians to see SXRD.

Im all for supporting the small guys, but unfortunately Im dealing with credit at HN.

Does anyone know when this will be released in OZ?

And is there a 60" version of this - because 71" may be a little too big.

Does anyone know when this will be released in OZ?

And is there a 60" version of this - because 71" may be a little too big.

Just rang LG as I'm getting conflicting reports from HN stock will arrive in Oz mid December in Sydney. I doubt we'll see any in Adelaide B4 Xmas.

Just rang LG as I'm getting conflicting reports from HN stock will arrive in Oz mid December in Sydney. I doubt we'll see any in Adelaide B4 Xmas.

Do you know if there is a 60" model as well?

Any specs online?

Saw one in the flesh down in Darling Harbour @ the Home Entertainment show. The picture looked stunning, although it didn't look perfect. Might have been the source, some Beyonce live concert or some crap :-)

Already a grand down on RRP

eBay

That EBay vendor has dropped price again to $7,399 for what it's worth.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/LG-71-180CM-HD-RP-T...6QQcmdZViewItem

Interesting ... the LG website now says the contrast is 10,000:1

:ph34r: Have been told today from HN still 7-10 days away from arriving in Adelaide, phoned LG they said could be up to 4 weeks no wonder they've stopped advertising them maybe have to look at an alternative.

sorry for answering to myself :blink:

anybody owns the set already???????

greetings

niko

Bump :blink:

Well, I visited HN and asked 'where is my TV?' and they still have no idea about delivery!

:P

Saw this TV on display at Harvey Norman Mt.Gravatt, Brissy today.

can't say to much about the PQ as was running a HD-DVD demo of the LG logo and a couple of coloured circles.

From 4 foot away it seemed very sharp, bright and very good whites and blacks. And its BIG....

Saw this TV on display at Harvey Norman Mt.Gravatt, Brissy today.

can't say to much about the PQ as was running a HD-DVD demo of the LG logo and a couple of coloured circles.

From 4 foot away it seemed very sharp, bright and very good whites and blacks. And its BIG....

What was the price tag?