Waiting for LG 71" LCoS 1080p!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me the biggest problem with these sets is being able to see a good demonstration of their capabilities before committing all that money.

I saw the 70" JVC LCOS at HN and it was unwatchable. Presumably HN was happy with this demo though I can't imagine anyone buying the set.

We are all waiting (well, lots of us are) for Sony SXRD but where will we see a demo that makes the most of its qualities? I can't imagine many suppliers will be offering in-home demos of a 70" screen.

To me the biggest problem with these sets is being able to see a good demonstration of their capabilities before committing all that money.

I saw the 70" JVC LCOS at HN and it was unwatchable. Presumably HN was happy with this demo though I can't imagine anyone buying the set.

We are all waiting (well, lots of us are) for Sony SXRD but where will we see a demo that makes the most of its qualities? I can't imagine many suppliers will be offering in-home demos of a 70" screen.

Thats exactly what I posted in another thread.

I walked into HN and looked at every technology and every set.

I honestly didnt see a thing that that I would want to buy. I cant imagine how they sell anything between the genuinely crappy flat panel LCD's that smear and the terrible feeds.

Im trying to find a smaller electronics store that has sets on dedicated feeds.

Even if you do find one, to be fair you should buy it from them. But that might $2000 more. It's a dilemma.

Anyone know the Sony store in Chapel St Prahran, and whether their demos are good?  That might be the place for Victorians to see SXRD.

Im all for supporting the small guys, but unfortunately Im dealing with credit at HN.

• 2 weeks later...
Saw one in the flesh down in Darling Harbour @ the Home Entertainment show. The picture looked stunning, although it didn't look perfect. Might have been the source, some Beyonce live concert or some crap :-)

Already a grand down on RRP

eBay

That EBay vendor has dropped price again to $7,399 for what it's worth.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/LG-71-180CM-HD-RP-T...6QQcmdZViewItem

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this TV on display at Harvey Norman Mt.Gravatt, Brissy today.

can't say to much about the PQ as was running a HD-DVD demo of the LG logo and a couple of coloured circles.

From 4 foot away it seemed very sharp, bright and very good whites and blacks. And its BIG....

Saw this TV on display at Harvey Norman Mt.Gravatt, Brissy today.

can't say to much about the PQ as was running a HD-DVD demo of the LG logo and a couple of coloured circles.

From 4 foot away it seemed very sharp, bright and very good whites and blacks. And its BIG....

What was the price tag?