Sign in to follow this  
Ivalice.

Hitachi 42PD8800TA

Hi, whats the best price i can expect to pay for the 8800?

Ive been trying to find a good 42 plasma for a while, its hard being that i live in nsw country area, 4 hrs from sydney. (Armidale)

Ive been looking at the net shops and ebay etc, and havent seen the 8800 anywhere, if someone could point me to a shop that has a good price it would be very helpful.

Thanks.

Also nice to get the Hitachi reps to set it up for you too. I think Pioneer are the only ones who offer that service here in Oz.

The Hitachi reps also adjusted (for the first 100 hours of use) the settings for all the inputs I had hooked up, while answering all of my questions. They did a pretty good job, I have adjusted some things differently but most of them are right where the reps left it.

I probably have about ~60 hours on the set now, so maybe in a couple months I will make some more adjustments.

If anyone is interested in the settings the reps put in, let me know. I wrote them down shortly after and I know I have them somewhere at home.

If anyone is interested in the settings the reps put in, let me know. I wrote them down shortly after and I know I have them somewhere at home.

Yeah I reckon a few of us would appreciate that. If for no other reason than to compare them with what we are currently using. Did they perform any kind of tests using your actual components to come up with these settings or did they just punch in pre defined settings that they brought with them for each input? Perhaps you could also mention what make and model your components are (e.g. DVD player)?

Thanks

I'd be interested in the settings too, as I've only had my 8800 up and running from probably no longer than 20-50hrs too! Would love to get my hands on the settings the hitachi reps put in during the 'run-in' period...

On another note, got my S97 DVD Player too... Never seen Shrek look soo good and detailed! I recommend ppl if they can find one, go for it, you won't be disappointed..

The Hitachi reps also adjusted (for the first 100 hours of use) the settings for all the inputs I had hooked up, while answering all of my questions. They did a pretty good job, I have adjusted some things differently but most of them are right where the reps left it.

I probably have about ~60 hours on the set now, so maybe in a couple months I will make some more adjustments.

Yes please, will be very appreciate !!

cheers

Hi All,

fyi anyone in the Newcastle area interested in local pricing, I've just confirmed a deal for one of these from DJs (Kotara/Newcastle), $3200 with 2 years interest free and 5 years warranty. Their retail price was $3999.

Started by haggling Bing Lee down to $3000, or $3200 with 5 year warranty, cash only floorstock (down from $3400 no warranty). Then got DJs to price match :blink: (the writeup is for $2700 for the TV, which is $100 less than their buy price and $500 for the warranty. Dunno if thats crap or not, but it seemed like a good deal)

Hi All,

fyi anyone in the Newcastle area interested in local pricing, I've just confirmed a deal for one of these from DJs (Kotara/Newcastle), $3200 with 2 years interest free and 5 years warranty. Their retail price was $3999.

Started by haggling Bing Lee down to $3000, or $3200 with 5 year warranty, cash only floorstock (down from $3400 no warranty). Then got DJs to price match :blink: (the writeup is for $2700 for the TV, which is $100 less than their buy price and $500 for the warranty. Dunno if thats crap or not, but it seemed like a good deal)

Very nice pricing, get it get it!

Very nice pricing, get it get it!

I did :blink: picked it up on Tuesday. (another FYI, one of these JUST fits lying down in the back of 99 Subaru :D )

Has anyone got the LG LST-5402/3 universal remote function working with this panel? Tried LG but as always useless with any enquiry

Thanks

Philip

Hey Struggo how did you deal with the "casualty" on your plasma? is everything alright now? or are you still

looking into ways to fix it? p.s best wishes~ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Hi Ivalice,

Hitachi say they can do nothing due to the time frame of my complaint. Bing Lee rep rang them also. He said he will exchange and help me if he can. He needs the okay from Hitachi. :D

I just found another little one also. They seem to have been caused by a sharp object. You acutally feel the cut with your finger nail.

Not happy with Hitachi response as I did notify them on the 6th day as it was the first time I had the curtains drawn to allow sunlight on the unit.

I'm now awaiting a response from Fair Trading. :blink:

Cheers

Struggo

Hi Ivalice,

I just had my 8800 replaced with a brand new 8800.

It wasn't the scratches in the end that saved me. I would not have been able to have the unit replaced because of them as it is deemed as a non manufacturing fault.

When I was looking for more scratches I noticed a white dust type fragment on the inside on the (front) panel. I then also noticed a small bubble on the rear of the panel where they must laminate the glass. Because I had logged a compliant with the CTTT I then made up a PowerPoint highlighting what I believe where faults. When a Hitachi representative received the PowerPoint and noticed the white dust & bubble they came straight out and inspected the 8800. It was the deemed to be a manufacturing fault and I had the unit replaced ASAP.

I received my new 8800 within a week and it was installed and set up.

Thank you HITACHI :P:P:P:P

Oh I love my 8800 :P

Cheers

Struggo

check this poll of lyle's

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=30518&hl=

the hitachi are particualrly good temp image retention I think due to their alternate lighting system, unlike hte pio's and panas that had people complaing re logos burnt on etc during the sport over summer.

Never had any issues with my previous hitachi and no probs with my 8800 and watch sport and use with the xbox 360 etc.

Al why does Chanel 7 broadcast its High Definiton at 576p ? when Chanel 9 does 1080i ?

Cheers Simon

Al why does Chanel 7 broadcast its High Definiton at 576p ? when Chanel 9 does 1080i ?

Cheers Simon

something you shoudl ask ch7 simon. they have a hte belief 576p(at the very poor bit rate at which they broadcast) is good enough for HD. Theyre allowed to by the government who recognise it as 'HD' I wish theyd be forced to broadcast 1080i like the rest. And also wish something would be done ot improve the pathetic bit rate at which all the broadcasters put HD to air. really does it no justice.

Cheers Simon

Most purists on this forum do not consider 576p to be HD.

The botton line is that the government has stuffed it up (again).

Hey guys, Having used my 8800 for almost 3 month now, I would like some advice on their colour collaboration :D I guess it all boils down to the fact, whether if I had set my Contrast, Colour, Sharpness etc too high. Currently Im going+5 on contrast, +5 on colour, 0 on brightness. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. :blink:

Regards Ivalice

Hey guys, Having used my 8800 for almost 3 month now, I would like some advice on their colour collaboration :D I guess it all boils down to the fact, whether if I had set my Contrast, Colour, Sharpness etc too high. Currently Im going+5 on contrast, +5 on colour, 0 on brightness. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. :blink:

Regards Ivalice

I have mine on the Natural setting with Default parameters. Looks good to me! Of course it can vary depending on your source - I have a Topfield SD PVR with RGB->YUV Converter->YUV

cheers,

John

Hi All,

Just a quick note regarding my 8800 purchased last July.

Bloody awesome.

I still do & always will love this sexy thing :blink:

Cheers

Struggo

Hi All,

Just a quick note regarding my 8800 purchased last July.

Bloody awesome.

I still do & always will love this sexy thing :blink:

Cheers

Struggo

I second the above motion, I am in awe at times re my 8800, price was right particularly for a regional H/N.

Just a quick question while i think about it, i was watching Foxtel (showtime) last night and the movie was wider then the screen. I have the screen set to full size, do i have to change another setting?

Thanks.

Just a quick question while i think about it, i was watching Foxtel (showtime) last night and the movie was wider then the screen. I have the screen set to full size, do i have to change another setting?

Thanks.

If the 8800 was at "full" then it was Foxtel's fault that the image was cropped.

Philip

What is in your Foxtel picture setting?

does anyone have an opinion on the 9500

Still lovin' my 8800 one year on ...... The cricket has been simply awesome, especially seeing as mine was professionally calibrated. And I'm getting absolutely full value from my DVD collection - the best encoded movies look almost cinema quality.

It's a beautiful thing! :blink::D:P

Guest mistered
Still lovin' my 8800 one year on ...... The cricket has been simply awesome, especially seeing as mine was professionally calibrated. And I'm getting absolutely full value from my DVD collection - the best encoded movies look almost cinema quality.

It's a beautiful thing! :blink::D:P

Just wait until you see HD-DVD on it... the PQ from my Toshiba HD-E1 is spectacular on the 8800. :P

(I also recommend the X360 HD add on if you want a 'value for money' way to try HD-DVD)

does anyone have an opinion on the 9500

I have one and I like it. :blink:

Only had it two weeks, so early days yet.

I have one and I like it. :blink:

Only had it two weeks, so early days yet.

Does it have D-Sub RGB input?

Philip