Hitachi 42PD8800TA

Hi Alebonau,

My wife just found a hair line scratch on my screen about 10cm long. You only see it when there is direct sunlight on it and at a certain angle. I wish she didn't tell me.

What do I do?

How can I possibly prove it was like that out of the box?

I might try that KLEAR SCREEN product. Has anybody used it?

http://www.macmall.com.au/mall/customer/home.php?cat=435

http://www.klearscreen.com/faq.html

http://www.shopireland.ie/electronics/deta...2oz-LCD-Screen/

A shattered :blink:

Struggo

PS I still love her.

struggo I'd talk to the store you got it from.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone using an upscaling DVD player with this TV?? If so what are your opinions??

Is it worth it?? Is there a significant difference in picture quality over the standard DVD player??

Cheers

Sunil.

Like Rokz0r I have the S-97 but unlike Rokz0r after calibration with DVD essentials I couldn't see a huge difference between 576p over component and 1080i over HDMI. The settings are quite different for the two inputs. That said I do watch Movies upscaled via HDMI because it was slighly "better" but I couldn't say why. I think the most improvement is with good deinterlacing. My mate has an cheapie LG upscaler on his Panny HD plasma and it looks terrible.

Philip

Like Rokz0r I have the S-97 but unlike Rokz0r after calibration with DVD essentials I couldn't see a huge difference between 576p over component and 1080i over HDMI. The settings are quite different for the two inputs. That said I do watch Movies upscaled via HDMI because it was slighly "better" but I couldn't say why. I think the most improvement is with good deinterlacing. My mate has an cheapie LG upscaler on his Panny HD plasma and it looks terrible.

Philip

Thanks for the reply.

Seems on another thread that there are no more Panasonic S-97's left in major cities...

I tried ringing around my local JB stores but no luck!!! DOH...

Does anyone know if the Panasonic EH65 DVD recorder uses the same Faroujda chipset and circuitry as the S-97??

Sunil.

hey guys just to update, just went out and picked up a toppy 7000 hdtv receiver to compliment the hitachi...., arriving at any time from 2-5pm today!!!

Hey Arushan,

can I ask how much you paid for the Toppy 7000 and from where??

I was at JB HiFI Liverpool yesterday and they had the LG LST5100 maked as clearence for $299..

Must be a new model coming???

Have fun setting up the TV....

Sunil.

Hey Arushan,

can I ask how much you paid for the Toppy 7000 and from where??

I was at JB HiFI Liverpool yesterday and they had the LG LST5100 maked as clearence for $299..

Must be a new model coming???

Have fun setting up the TV....

Sunil.

yeah mate, i went to bing lee in casula (5 mins from liverpool), got it down to $440....

hehe same here

and yeah it is quite a heavy and such a well made thing isnt it :blink:

Just put a deposit on my 8800 today. Was originally going to wait for the 8900 but at the run out price of the 8800 it was to good an offer to knock back. Bought from Clive Peters Moorabbin the last one on their system. They sold it at their cost price $2936 and i also got 6 months interest free !! I am so exited i have waited for almost a year to buy this plasma, almost did 6 months ago for $3900, so i have saved myself a grand for waiting 6 months.

Cheers Simon

Just put a deposit on my 8800 today. Was originally going to wait for the 8900 but at the run out price of the 8800 it was to good an offer to knock back. Bought from Clive Peters Moorabbin the last one on their system. They sold it at their cost price $2936 and i also got 6 months interest free !! I am so exited i have waited for almost a year to buy this plasma, almost did 6 months ago for $3900, so i have saved myself a grand for waiting 6 months.

Cheers Simon

Top Stuff Simon. :blink:

Cheers

Struggo

Cheers Simon

excellent stuff and a great panel really. Yeah I was thinking about the 8900 as well but dont think its that much better and worth the wait or the extra money. Thinking it woudl be a fair while before the 8900 would start going for the prices the 8800 and think I would have been pushign it with HN to get for the same cash as the 8800.

so yeah enjoy especially with interest free you dont even have to worry about payign for it till 6 months yet ! do post back what you think of it.

excellent stuff and a great panel really. Yeah I was thinking about the 8900 as well but dont think its that much better and worth the wait or the extra money. Thinking it woudl be a fair while before the 8900 would start going for the prices the 8800 and think I would have been pushign it with HN to get for the same cash as the 8800.

so yeah enjoy especially with interest free you dont even have to worry about payign for it till 6 months yet ! do post back what you think of it.

Worth every penny :blink:

speaking about image quality, I cant wait until the Ps3 shcheduled to be launched in Aus by November. cant

wait to utilise the HDMI port. waiting in anticipation !!!

Hey Struggo how did you deal with the "casualty" on your plasma? is everything alright now? or are you still

looking into ways to fix it? p.s best wishes~ :blink:

Hey Struggo how did you deal with the "casualty" on your plasma? is everything alright now? or are you still

looking into ways to fix it? p.s best wishes~ :blink:

Hi Ivalice,

I wanted to go in yesterday, but I'm crook.

I will see them on Monday.

I have also ordered the Klear screen. Not expecting miracles, but I think it will keep the screen clean and static free.

Cheers

Struggo

just bought one of these today (last one they had), paid $2950.

it arrives on tuesday, looking forward to hooking up my new s-97 and toppy 7000 :blink:

Great News,

I will have the same set up once I get the Toppy 7000 also.

Have fun :D ,

Struggo

PS You may need to update the firmware on the S97,

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtop...20entry445474

Hi guys, just spent the last night and this morning, with my new hitachi plasma, and WOW was it an experience....

The picture is just so vibrant yet natural, so impressed, and happy that i dished out the extra bucks for it over the 32 ind samsung lcd....., well theirs soo much good things to say about this unit, and i'm sure the other owners will know what i'm talking about, so i'm going back to play....

i'll leave you with a few pics i just took of my completed setup, will post more as my camera charges!!!.....

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtop...=0entry445742

oh btw Al, i'll do a review with the pioneer within this week..., its such a match made in heaven with 1080i HDMI output....

Hi guys, just spent the last night and this morning, with my new hitachi plasma, and WOW was it an experience....

The picture is just so vibrant yet natural, so impressed, and happy that i dished out the extra bucks for it over the 32 ind samsung lcd....., well theirs soo much good things to say about this unit, and i'm sure the other owners will know what i'm talking about, so i'm going back to play....

i'll leave you with a few pics i just took of my completed setup, will post more as my camera charges!!!.....

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtop...=0entry445742

oh btw Al, i'll do a review with the pioneer within this week..., its such a match made in heaven with 1080i HDMI output....

congratulations on the hitachi arushan, glad to hear your impressed with it as I am.

~

damn bugger that is not what I wanted to hear arushan re the pio 989 dvd :blink:

congratulations on the hitachi arushan, glad to hear your impressed with it as I am.

damn bugger that is not what I wanted to hear arushan re the pio 989 dvd :blink:

hehehe sorry mate, is their supposedly problems with the pair???

i tried it for a bit last night, first impressions seemed excellent when sending 1080i via hdmi, then quickly switched to my htpc, which seemed better to my eye....i'll do a closer comparison and get back to you

i use the pio for my pj

hehehe sorry mate, is their supposedly problems with the pair???

i tried it for a bit last night, first impressions seemed excellent when sending 1080i via hdmi, then quickly switched to my htpc, which seemed better to my eye....i'll do a closer comparison and get back to you

i use the pio for my pj

hehe jsut not sure want to be considering another dvd player ! but no do post back what you think overall with the pair. :blink:

Just a quick thanks to all the contributors to this forum. You various views, comments and advice have pointed me to buy a Hitachi 42PD800TA plasma ($2800) and a Topfield 7000 HDSTB ($475). I'll be glued to them on Tuesday night..........

I'm sure that wthout this forum I would not have been able to make the same choices - or for the same money.

Thanks for all your input to what I'm sure is a good choice of equipment.

Just a quick thanks to all the contributors to this forum. You various views, comments and advice have pointed me to buy a Hitachi 42PD800TA plasma ($2800) and a Topfield 7000 HDSTB ($475). I'll be glued to them on Tuesday night..........

I'm sure that wthout this forum I would not have been able to make the same choices - or for the same money.

Thanks for all your input to what I'm sure is a good choice of equipment.

congra Sailor, Im sure you wont regret your purchases, its definitely a wise investment :blink:

Hitachi UK is offering an extended warranty promo.

Come on Hitachi Australia,

http://www.hitachidigitalmedia.com/DMG/vie...p?productid=516

http://www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx...6806&head=0

yep apparently its only for the little high street shops as all the chains have their own extended warranty programs.

Hey Everybody,

I know I should really sift through the 30 pages of this thread, but is anybody using the Sony HD STB (DST-HD500) with their 8800 via HDMI? Any feedback on the results would be appreciated... Considering this as an option as opposed to the Toppy 7000...

PS: TV comes on Friday! =) Woohoo!