Hitachi 42PD8800TA

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$3,100 delivered about 8 weeks ago in Sydney.

that's quiet impressive sonicman, I was pondering on the fact whether or not I could get one for a price tag which is more or less the same as which you have put forwarded. whats the latest and best prices on a 8800 in Melbourne? thanks for your help

My 8800 died today. My wife came home to watch some TV and there was just lines and static across the whole screen. All input channels were the same (HDMI, Component and S-Video). JB sent a Tech over and they are going to replace my panel with a new one..

I am amazed that a Hitachi Panel gave up so soon.. Dissapointed indeed.

Lets hope the new one lasts for more than 4 weeks.

- JON

WoW what a bummer .. I havn't had a single problem with mine yet .... touch wood :blink:

Even the so called problem with the pulsing blacks isn't noticible, since I turned Black enhancement off.

Mind you I just watch the content not the panel and couldn't be happier.

cheers

WoW what a bummer .. I havn't had a single problem with mine yet .... touch wood :blink:

Even the so called problem with the pulsing blacks isn't noticible, since I turned Black enhancement off.

Mind you I just watch the content not the panel and couldn't be happier.

cheers

whats the cheapest can one afford for an panel like the 8800 ?

frag that is so cheap i cant even get close - closest is $3887 in melbourne

I got mine a couple of weeks ago from JB HI FI in Indooroopilly in Brisbane for $3,350 with $350 for 4 year extended warrantee. Didn't really haggle for that price.

Graham

Couple of questions re setup.

1. If I connect my XBOX 360 to Component, My foxtel Digital to Component and say if i buy a HD box to HDMI ( i assume these would be the ideal connections) am I correct in saying the tv wont output the sound to my amp via the sound output jacks because they only support composite to relay the sound thru? If this is the case it seems quiet silly.

2. Has anyone actually anchored there base with the wood screws to there entertainment unit as recommended in the manual or does this only apply to earthquake prone Japan?

Thanks guys!

Couple of questions re setup.

1. If I connect my XBOX 360 to Component, My foxtel Digital to Component and say if i buy a HD box to HDMI ( i assume these would be the ideal connections) am I correct in saying the tv wont output the sound to my amp via the sound output jacks because they only support composite to relay the sound thru? If this is the case it seems quiet silly.

2. Has anyone actually anchored there base with the wood screws to there entertainment unit as recommended in the manual or does this only apply to earthquake prone Japan?

Thanks guys!

1. Yes that's right

2. No, haven't done it - it's pretty stable.

cheers,

John

Bugger!! Thanks for the info - You know, I did "read" that section but the brain filtered out "composite" and only saw "AV1-AV5" and as I was connected to AV1 (via component) I thought it was ok :blink: It does seem like a limitation to me - I can connect directly to the amp but it's not an A/V receiver and doesn't have a lot of inputs, so connecting other devices to the TV might be an issue...

Thanks again,

John

I rang Hitachi about this "feature" as it sure seemed like a limitation to me. They suggested I just get two RCA Y adaptors from DSE and then split the STB Audio output, one to the AV1 input and one to the AMP input - works perfectly

I rang Hitachi about this "feature" as it sure seemed like a limitation to me. They suggested I just get two RCA Y adaptors from DSE and then split the STB Audio output, one to the AV1 input and one to the AMP input - works perfectly

so is it safe to assume, one could genereally own a Hitachi-8800 for around the 3500 mark? I have seen people getting quoted for phenomenal prices, even as low as 3100-3200 plus ext warranty. is it possible to get those prices through JB?

so is it safe to assume, one could genereally own a Hitachi-8800 for around the 3500 mark? I have seen people getting quoted for phenomenal prices, even as low as 3100-3200 plus ext warranty. is it possible to get those prices through JB?

i really havent starts to haggle yet but those prices are a good indication of how much retail stores really get them for

Not sure on JB I bought mine from Bing Lee $3200 on credit card. I also bought a $500 digital camera at the same time not sure how much that helped.

Good luck!

well guys, I am now a proud member of the Hitachi 8800 club! A mate of mine at harvey norman got me one at staff price, which worked out to $3170.....Im stoked!!!! Ive set it all up today and cant wait to get on xbox live with my xbox 360......ghost recon here i come!!!!

well guys, I am now a proud member of the Hitachi 8800 club! A mate of mine at harvey norman got me one at staff price, which worked out to $3170.....Im stoked!!!! Ive set it all up today and cant wait to get on xbox live with my xbox 360......ghost recon here i come!!!!

Welcome aboard Club Hitachi. I've been stoked with its performance to date with high def content and I'm sure you'll find the 360 a perfect match for the 8800. Enjoy!