Hitachi 42PD8800TA

Hi all, nice to meet everybody on this forum, after my initial period of hold back on this forum I have decided to make my first post and needless to say I need as many suggestions and opinions as possible from you fine people :blink:

To begin my enquires I would like to possibly explain my situation and clarify it as simple as it should. now I have begin looking around for an Hitachi display for sometime now and has finally decided to go with the 42inch 7800series, incidentally I went down to my local JB and begin my hunt for the display, to my disappiontment I was adviced from the JB sales rep that this model was no longer available due to an replacement (the 8800 series) and he has left me with his name and detail to come back in roughly a fornight time (NOV10-15th) to check out the newer models of Hitachi plasma. namely the 8800 series. so far I have only obtained some relative infomations in regards to the 8800 from the HONG KONG and SINGAPORE Hitachi websites (I must admit though, the newer 8800 does indeed impress me with its sexy aesthetic appearance and the DUAL HDMI future is also looking very promising), however I wouldnt mind at all seen one in real life.

My question is

1. Is it definitely worthwhile to hold back and wait for the newer version?

2. has anyone seen it in real life? if so, then how good does it compare with its predecessors?

3. Is there somewhere I can get a detailed brochure or leaflets on the 8800 series? and is there any other electronical stores (apart from Jb) who has the 8800 on display?

so any suggestions and opinion in regards to the Hitachi plasma's would be much appreciated :P:P:P

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, nice to meet  everybody on this forum, after my initial period of hold back on this forum I have decided to make my first post and needless to say I need as many suggestions and opinions as possible from you fine people  :blink:

To begin my enquires I would like to possibly explain my situation and clarify it as simple as it should. now I have begin looking around for an Hitachi display for sometime now and has finally decided to go with the 42inch 7800series, incidentally I went down to my local JB and begin my hunt for the display,  to my disappiontment I was adviced from the JB sales rep that this model was no longer available due to an replacement (the 8800 series) and he has left me with his name and detail to come back in roughly a fornight time (NOV10-15th) to check out the newer models of Hitachi plasma. namely the 8800 series. so far I have only obtained some relative infomations in regards to the 8800 from the HONG KONG and SINGAPORE Hitachi websites  (I must admit though, the newer 8800 does indeed impress me with its sexy aesthetic appearance and the DUAL HDMI future is also looking very promising), however I wouldnt mind at all seen one in real life.

My question is

2. has anyone seen it in real life? if so, then how good does it compare with its predecessors?

3.  Is there somewhere I can get a detailed brochure or leaflets on the 8800 series? and is there any other electronical stores (apart from Jb) who has the 8800 on display?

so any suggestions and opinion in regards to the Hitachi plasma's would be much appreciated  :P  :P  :P

it certainly helps if you can wait and if in no rush.

hard for anyone to answer this given it haven't even been released.

theres some great contenders in this end of the market in the pana, pio and fuji if your budget can be stretched.

I've always been impressed with the hitachi alis panels capability with 1080i true HD and think for that its jaw dropping and second to none.

it certainly helps if you can wait and if in no rush.

hard for anyone to answer this given it haven't even been released.

theres some great contenders in this end of the market in the pana, pio and fuji if your budget can be stretched.

I've always been impressed with the hitachi alis panels capability with 1080i true HD and think for that its jaw dropping and second to none.

yeah this is another reason why I voted for the Hitachi over other manufacturers, the ALIS panel certainly deserves a prise when it comes down to reproducing vivid colour and crisp images unlike conventional plasmas, the ALIS was meant to extend the average lifespan of the panel by 30000hr? is that right

yeah this is another reason why I voted for the Hitachi over other manufacturers, the ALIS panel certainly deserves a prise when it comes down to reproducing vivid colour and crisp images unlike conventional plasmas, the ALIS was meant to extend the average lifespan of the panel by 30000hr? is that right

most panels now have a 60,000 hr half life

I have seen the pricing and it looks very good.

Below are the two new models:

Plasma Display with inbuilt twin tuners & detachable speakers & motorised swivel stand

42PD6000TAKIT 42" (1024x1024) - High Definition

42PD8800TAKIT 42" (1024x1024) - High Definition

There is also a 55" being released

Plasma Display with inbuilt twin tuners & detachable speakers & motorised swivel stand

The improvements over the 7800TA are;

Brightness 1400

Sound 10 speakers

2 HDMI inputs

USB/SD card slots

The feedback so far that I have managed to get is that the colours on the Hitachi 8800ta are more vivid than the PIO and the Pana.

I believe the speakers arent detachable and the size of the unit length is a tad smaller than 7800ta.

I was waiting on the 7800ta to be delivered and was advised to hold off for the 8800ta.

Price wise it wont be too far away from the pana 500A so I have been told.

I dont know why anybody would buy a 1024x1024 resolution, you have got to be nuts.

The resolution sounds counterintuitive, but I've read some interesting reasons on this forum about why this ALiS panel works. The Fujitsu 42 inch HD also uses the same panel. More importantly, when you see them side by side at stores, you can always pick the Fujitsu out as the PQ is stunning. Had it not been for the price, I would've gone with that.

From my IT wholesalers site the RRP for the panels mentioned above are:

42PD8800TAKIT 42" (106cm) Plasma Television - $6,048.90

42PD6000TAKIT 42" (106cm) Plasma Television - $4,948.90

EDIT: I know these aren't street prices, just what the listted RRP is.

From my IT wholesalers site the RRP for the panels mentioned above are:

42PD8800TAKIT 42" (106cm) Plasma Television - $6,048.90

42PD6000TAKIT 42" (106cm) Plasma Television - $4,948.90

EDIT:  I know these aren't street prices, just what the listted RRP is.

Yes the RRP are way off the mark.

Im getting the 8800TA for close to $4000.

Some interesting news... I run an IT company and pricing for the hitachis have just popped up on the suppliers site.

Im not going to give away cost price of the goods however i think anyone who is after these will be doing VERY well to buy these under 4500...

Ivalice - at 4700 you should be no problems getting that from places like JB.

Of course, listed as 0 stock and availability in 11 days, however take that with a grain of salt.

Some interesting news... I run an IT company and pricing for the hitachis have just popped up on the suppliers site.

Im not going to give away cost price of the goods however i think anyone who is after these will be doing VERY well to buy these under 4500...

Ivalice - at 4700 you should be no problems getting that from places like JB.

Of course, listed as 0 stock and availability in 11 days, however take that with a grain of salt.

Hey bigblue thanks for the new info in relations to the newer Hitachi Plasmas.

I got my self a quote from JB, they claim the RRP for the Hitachi 8800 is at $5199, however those Sales guys insisted that they were well prepared to make the prices under $5k for me, would you think by any chance I would be getting it for $4.5k? (me and a friend both want one each plus other miscellaneous accessories e.g HD STB, CABLES, HDMI DVD)

I would be rather pleased and content if they can offer this price :blink:

Hi all, nice to meet  everybody on this forum, after my initial period of hold back on this forum I have decided to make my first post and needless to say I need as many suggestions and opinions as possible from you fine people  :blink:

To begin my enquires I would like to possibly explain my situation and clarify it as simple as it should. now I have begin looking around for an Hitachi display for sometime now and has finally decided to go with the 42inch 7800series, incidentally I went down to my local JB and begin my hunt for the display,  to my disappiontment I was adviced from the JB sales rep that this model was no longer available due to an replacement (the 8800 series) and he has left me with his name and detail to come back in roughly a fornight time (NOV10-15th) to check out the newer models of Hitachi plasma. namely the 8800 series. so far I have only obtained some relative infomations in regards to the 8800 from the HONG KONG and SINGAPORE Hitachi websites  (I must admit though, the newer 8800 does indeed impress me with its sexy aesthetic appearance and the DUAL HDMI future is also looking very promising), however I wouldnt mind at all seen one in real life.

My question is

Depends if the new features are worth the price differential.

3.  Is there somewhere I can get a detailed brochure or leaflets on the 8800 series? and is there any other electronical stores (apart from Jb) who has the 8800 on display?

so any suggestions and opinion in regards to the Hitachi plasma's would be much appreciated  :P  :P  :P

What price were you quoted for the 2 units ?

DG

OK what is the difference between those two models,and WHY two new models?

What are the respective prices? :blink:

OK what is the difference between those two models,and WHY two new models?

What are the respective prices? :blink:

the 6000 is hitachi's price leader. not japanese made and probably not even a hitachi glass I'd say.

I wasn't impressed by it.

the 8800 I'd say would follow in the footsteps of the 7800 and be a whole different thing

Besides I dont know why anybody would buy a 1024x1024 resolution, you have got to be nuts.

Why? In Australia there is no commonly available plasma which has a "native" HD resolution of 1920x1080 pixels (for 1080 i/p playback). Many HD panels in Australia have 768 vertical lines whcih results in the plasma having to downsample. For 720p the image needs to be upscaled. See CNet's look at native HD dispays.

Why?  In Australia there is no commonly available plasma which has a "native" HD resolution of 1920x1080 pixels (for 1080 i/p playback).  Many HD panels in Australia have 768 vertical lines whcih results in the plasma having to downsample.  For 720p the image needs to be upscaled.  See CNet's look at native HD dispays.

any suggestions in respect to the DUAL HDMI interface which the newer Hitachi would adopt? by far I've only seen most plasmas with a maximum of one HDMI output, hence the necessity with two HDMI inputs for us, as the general consumer is always doubting (at least for now). T

The way I see it, is that it could be a very convenient solution in the future for Playstation 3 ( as the ps3 is supposely to have dual HDMI outputs as well) :blink: and could anyone please tell me how better is the connection from Component to HDMI?

would we be able to see a very apparent enhancement over the traditional connections (such S-Video, AV, etc) from HDMI connections? :P:P:P