Sign in to follow this  
mxlaser

New top dog of budget plama's

What price is your JB selling the SD Pana for? I saw mine setting up the Teac today but they are selling the Pana for $2,999.

the catalogue says $2948 / ask for a deal

the catalogue says $2948 / ask for a deal

Just saw the catalogue now....pity I have already technically bought a unit from Harvey Norman (that I returned) and have a store credit for. Hitachi 42inch HD unit...$3500.

Guest EZYHD

"Teacs making a comeback" cough.

Lots of movement in that pana price - I got mine last week from Myer for $2430 - no deposit - 12 months interest free !

Wouldnt a 1024 x 1024 set really suck for widescreen material?

Youd be missing half the screen.

I suggest you compare a 1024x1024 with the others and see what you are missing.

Do you really think those who purchase a fujitsu panel would pay top price only to see half the screen? :blink:

Im thinking a few people have been misguided here. :P

So overall guys, is this new TEAC SD Plasma a good buy or not?

For under the 2k mark,with DVI input,late samsung panel,speakers and analogue tuner,it would hardly be a bad buy.......

This is where sd plasma should be pricewise and hd about .5k more.

Depends whether you are buying for viewing or electronic hobby purposes!!

Wats your recommended viewing distance for a 42" Plasma?

doubt good guys would use dvi , they seem to use composite for all plasmas ive seen hooked up ,all from the same stb lol

Saw it at JB HiFi this afternoon. Just setup this afternoon (2 in store). The plasma looks classy, better than the Soniq IMHO. The speakers are builtin. It was connected to a Samsung DVD player via a very thick grey component cable, Pure AV. The DVD Music video looked alright, was a stretched video, I think 4x3 to 16x9. The picture wasn't sharp, might be the source material rather than the panel itself. Wasn't connected to a STB, so I cannot comment on FTA material (the Soniq looks good on FTA, comparable to sets $500 more expensive, eg Panasonic and Samsung). Black looked good. I didn't actually play around with it. The sales "drone" initially said it was a HD panel :blink:. It indeed have a HD Compatible logo on the top left hand corner. I mumbled something and he looked at the brochure underneath the panel and corrected himself. LOL. Also has a DCDi Faroudja logo in the bottom right hand corner. Only one component input.

When I asked which panel, he said Hitachi, the last generation, ?5th. Mentioned that I could have it for $2300, incl. 5 yrs warranty and delivery. He didn't know anything about the rumoured extended TEAC warranty. Only catch was that the extended warranty is by a mob called NARTA. Its not transferable (to the next buyer, if you happen to sell it second hand). Sound a bit suss doesn't it.

DSE and GoodGuys haven't got their's yet.

Can anyone comment on the true RRP of the TEAC? In the JB HiFi catalogue, its qouted as $2499 ie save$500! if you believe them and buy from them. Yet the GGs advertised it for $1897, less for cash. DSE is $1999. Does JB HiFi qouted an unreal RRP and then slash it a lot to entice unsuspecting customers? Is the false advertising? Should I alert the ACCC? :P.

Anyone know about the Hicon and HotPoint SD panel?

When I asked which panel, he said Hitachi, the last generation, ?5th. Mentioned that I could have it for $2300, incl. 5 yrs warranty and delivery. He didn't know anything about the rumoured extended TEAC warranty. Only catch was that the extended warranty is by a mob called NARTA. Its not transferable (to the next buyer, if you happen to sell it second hand). Sound a bit suss doesn't it.

lol its a 8th generation panel and its a samsung panel

talk about mis-information

LOL.

That's the drone for you. Yeah, he mentioned that the latest generation is 6th.

Seriously, it can't be that hard for a salesman to do a bit of research here and there espercially now that we have the NET. Don't have to get a degree to surf the net do we?

Still, it would be good getting them to price-match. It sure pays to shop around and research on the net. But pity the "poor" mums and dads out there in public land getting ripped off.

would anyone happen to know if the dvi is HDCP enabled ?

i would like to buy that LG hdmi dvd player , i would obviously have to buy a dvi-d adapter . would it work ?

could you send me that pdf you have ?

thank you

anyone know if it will work ?

JB HiFi ad in today's paper has the new Teac SD for $1798, while DSE has the Treo SD for $1698...bring on the Xmas sales !!

whoa ,ill have to get good guys to beat that!

does anyone have them in stock yet ? im still waiting on the good guys to call me , said they would call me when they came in

Which Sydney paper was that?

Daily Telegraph today.

But apparently only in the 3 new ones opening in Sydney today. Campbelltown, Penrith and Hornsby. The guy in the Hornsby store didn't know about the Telegraph ad and they apparently don't have any in store at present.

Daily Telegraph today.

But apparently only in the 3 new ones opening in Sydney today. Campbelltown, Penrith and Hornsby. The guy in the Hornsby store didn't know about the Telegraph ad and they apparently don't have any in store at present.

Yeah, JB HiFi brochure here in Qld has it on the front page for $1998.

Yeah, JB HiFi brochure here in Qld has it on the front page for $1998.

LOL

That's a long way to drive for $200. But then again the drive down the Pacific Hwy would be quite pleasant, no?