Sign in to follow this  
mxlaser

New top dog of budget plama's

Pixels don't have to be square you know...

Yes, admittedly 1440 pixels spread across 1024 pixels would lose a bit of resolution, but it won't be as bad as 1440 across 852...

I guess we all are keeping our fingers crossed for 1920x1088 panels, I am sure they will be coming soon ( I mean at a sensible price... )

Regards

The Retravision brochure I have just received in todays paper has the new Teac 106cm on the front page for $1999. Doesnt give the model number just says:

"TEAC 106CM PLASMA TELEVISION

Contrast Ratio 10000:1 HD Compatile 576i/p, 720p, 1080i Zoom Function.

Includes built-in speakers, tuners and stand"

Doesnt mention anything about warranty.

Cheers

I was at a Retrevision store today and the Salesman said he had 3 of these on order but had allready sold them and another person placed a order for one today.

He believes that they will be a very quick seller at the current oricing levels.

cheers

I was at a Retrevision store today and the Salesman said he had 3 of these on order but had allready sold them and another person placed a order for one today.

He believes that they will be a very quick seller at the current oricing levels.

cheers

Was there one on display?

Was there one on display?

They can't of been (they are atill yet to clear docks, thanks to thier new software! :blink: )

So no, no where has one on display yet.

jb hifi catalogue is out and on the front page is the teac plasma , you think they have them in stock yet ?

i wanna buy it from good guys tho

thanks

jb hifi catalogue is out and on the front page is the teac plasma , you think they have them in stock yet ?

i wanna buy it from good guys tho

thanks

How much are they advertising it for?

good guys advertised it for like $1890 , but for some reason they took the catalogue off the site..

Hmm...the one in the Good Guys catalogue seems good. Has anyone seen it in action b4? Also, do you guys know if the speakers are detachable?

im reserving one at the good guys , he said they will be in any day now . just held up at the docks

1 year standard , im going to purchase additional warranty though

Theres a chance Teac will extend the warranty as the had a bonus that ended last month, talking with the tech manager and a mate thats a rep, they possibly will increase the cut off date till december 31st, giving 5 years waranty for free.! :P

I doubt anyone will have these in now untill NEXT week, due to the damn docks and customs :blink:

Also, speakers are not detachable. DSE and JB are matching prices for $1890 too. I managed to get DSE to agree to $1990 with 3 years warranty as well.

Theres a chance Teac will extend the warranty as the had a bonus that ended last month, talking with the tech manager and a mate thats a rep, they possibly will increase the cut off date till december 31st, giving 5 years waranty for free.! :blink:

that will be great if they extend the warranty!

mxlaser would you happen to know if its DCHP enabled ?

i would like to buy that LG hdmi dvd player , i would obviously have to buy a dvi-d adapter . would it work ?

could you send me that pdf you have ?

thank you

The brochure didn't mention anything about DCHP enabled. Just DVI input.

Just spoke to TEAC and these shipped to shops yesterday. Should start showing up today or tomorrow.

saw it at JB today...looked Ok... the Pana SD is better for $500 more!

saw it at JB today...looked Ok... the Pana SD is better for $500 more!

What price is your JB selling the SD Pana for? I saw mine setting up the Teac today but they are selling the Pana for $2,999.