New top dog of budget plama's

I don't unserstand some people... No offence, but whats the difference?

Well, shouldn't you be asking yourself that question ? After all, it was you who said:

simply because if it turns out to be an LG made, and not a Gen8 panel, im getting my money back later down the line, much like i did with the Soniq.

Or have you changed your mind about that already ?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks junkyard. Doesn't look too crash hot. Damn!

What is the next best thing? eg. Pana, etc?

I dont mind paying a little more but want it to look sharp.

Oh, and any suggestions on a box to run off it?

Yes this unit is big. But I would suggest you look at it before ruling it out.

I could probably live with it. Take you wife. If you have one.

Yeah, the wife is real fussy.. She loves the Pana Veira and the LG (looks). Seeing as though I have the extra cash, best value HD panel TV?

By the way, thanks for replying... At least someone is listening to me.

:blink:

Check out the new Hitachi 42PD8800TA. Very sleek looking unit. Spec are on the aussie site. Excellent PQ as it has the latest ALIS panel. It's what I really want. Just don't know if I can justify the cost.

Also alot of people like the look of the new Pioneer.

Got offered an LG SD 42" w'built in HD Box for $2950.. I notice that ppl are saying LG no go. Any reason why? I like the look of the TV. Not as good as the Pana but lots cheaper.

Its not cheaper than the Pana?

Pana can be had for $2600 most places.

Add in $350 for HD STB, and its a MUCH bette plasma/setup for the price

Thats the price JB Knox quoted me about 5 days ago for the Viera SD 50a model (current model)

Complete lack of DVI (only has 2x component) and no HDCP put me off it though.

Forgive my ignorance but will it be enough to run a DVD Player, ps2 and foxtel digital? I have a good amp for my surround sound if that helps at all?

I'm just an AV Retard... :blink:

Yup, guys, went to another local JB store. They had it running ROTS SWIII, but heighten the image so it occupy the complete 16x9 screen. Not terribly impressed with it. Seems to have some simmering in some scene, as if the individual pixels is trying to catch up. More noticable in the faces. That made the PQ less than sharp. The older Trio at DSE looked better from memory, i.e. in terms of sharpness. Have to wait till the DSE or GGs have their's setup next week. Maybe they got the Samsung panels. Didn't check the inside of the plasma.

Regarding the TEAC 32" LCD, if we're talking about the latest one that came out a few weeks ago, I don't think its native 1920x1080. More like 13**x7** pixel. The logo actually said "compatible", not "true".

Yup, guys, went to another local JB store. They had it running ROTS SWIII, but heighten the image so it occupy the complete 16x9 screen. Not terribly impressed with it. Seems to have some simmering in some scene, as if the individual pixels is trying to catch up. More noticable in the faces. That made the PQ less than sharp. The older Trio at DSE looked better from memory, i.e. in terms of sharpness. Have to wait till the DSE or GGs have their's setup next week. Maybe they got the Samsung panels. Didn't check the inside of the plasma.

Regarding the TEAC 32" LCD, if we're talking about the latest one that came out a few weeks ago, I don't think its native 1920x1080. More like 13**x7** pixel. The logo actually said "compatible", not "true".

Teac's latest, black fascia 32" LCD has a native res of 1980x1080. Its got an 8ms response. Its 100% 1980x1080 as i was playing with it and its resolutions.

Its a great LCD escpecially at the price, its a Sharp LCD panel inside (probably due to one of very few with true 1980x1080 panels @ 32")

The PQ on the Teac is amazing, if it looked bad, even the JB one, it was setup wrong, thats all.

Teac's latest, black fascia 32" LCD has a native res of 1980x1080. Its got an 8ms response. Its 100% 1980x1080 as i was playing with it and its resolutions.

Its a great LCD escpecially at the price, its a Sharp LCD panel inside (probably due to one of very few with true 1980x1080 panels @ 32")

The PQ on the Teac is amazing, if it looked bad, even the JB one, it was setup wrong, thats all.

Whats the ticket price mxlaser?

When I saw the TEAC 32" LCD with the "1920x1080 compatible" logo on the top LHS I wasn't impressed with the PQ. It so happened that the Hisense sales dude was in the store and when I queried him about the actual resolution of the LCD, he said its NOT 1920x1080. It didn't look like true 1080i.

Now the Dell 24" is different again. Running a HD video file off the HD. Looked stunning. Allegedly according to a few posts that I've happened on in the recent past , it becomes a different story when running off a DVD or HDSTB. I cannot comment on on that coz I didn't try it at the Dell stall front at Chatswood.

When I saw the TEAC 32" LCD with the "1920x1080 compatible" logo on the top LHS I wasn't impressed with the PQ. It so happened that the Hisense sales dude was in the store and when I queried him about the actual resolution of the LCD, he said its NOT 1920x1080. It didn't look like true 1080i.

Now the Dell 24" is different again. Running a HD video file off the HD. Looked stunning. Allegedly according to a few posts that I've happened on in the recent past , it becomes a different story when running off a DVD or HDSTB. I cannot comment on on that coz I didn't try it at the Dell stall front at Chatswood.

Don't forget, HiSense is obviously Teac.

It had options in the screen menu for 1980x1080i. I had it hooked up to a HD STB with Ten HD and its res displayed was 1980x108i.

Possibly two models, or the hisense guy was blowing out of his arse. It definatly had native 1980x1080 res.

Ticket price at JB was $2349.

Don't forget, HiSense is obviously Teac.

It had options in the screen menu for 1980x1080i. I had it hooked up to a HD STB with Ten HD and its res displayed was 1980x108i.

Possibly two models, or the hisense guy was blowing out of his arse. It definatly had native 1980x1080 res.

Ticket price at JB was $2349.

I find it very hard to believe that this unit is 1080i native. It certainly didnt look like it to me. Menus almost always show what resolution is being input/output, not what the monitor can actually resolve.

It is undercutting the market by quite a margin if it is.

this teac plasma doesnt say it has progressive scan , does it ?

also on retravision catalogue the model number is different

PLH4220SD/W

http://www.retravision.com.au/images/AUS/N...5a_14_tv_q1.gif

The P part after the 576 and 720 res means progressive.

I doubt any current plasma isnt pregressive

Interesting about the model number... guess time will tell.

also when i spoke to my local good guys the other day i asked who made the panel and he said LG  :blink:

Well, thanks to selze, it obvious there are two panels floating around, and its clear salespeople barely know how to walk most days, let alone know their products... As demonstrated before in other posts, salespeople saying its a HD plasma etc.

I'll be opening mine instore tomorrow. I'll get the one without the LG stickers.

I know there are Samsung panels, its a shame they through some LG one in there too... Mind you, the image was still good on the LG ones.