New top dog of budget plama's

The new 4220SD is 100% Samsung. I can't seem to explain this enough. Not only do i have the official response from the national tech manager, and also their state sales accoutn executive ( an old friend).

There are parts however inside supplied by LG, something to do with interlacing and also sound as well. Which is the mistaken part i think you've seen. There is NO WAY its an LG screen.

alrighty , thanks again :blink: looks like im still going to buy it now .

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, from everyones opion on here, and elsewhere, and instore (spoke to mate at teac, apparently JB only ordered 100 first shipment, and they now want another 100, won't be till december.

DSE ordered 250, GG 200 and retro 100 as well...

Maybe shortage before xmas comes.

Well, from everyones opion on here, and elsewhere, and instore (spoke to mate at teac, apparently JB only ordered 100 first shipment, and they now want another 100, won't be till december.

DSE ordered 250, GG 200 and retro 100 as well...

Maybe shortage before xmas comes.

Local JB said 30 coming in next week. Have one on display today. Salesman said LG panel. ?LOL. He said he can see it through the back. Probably saw what Mxlaser said above.

He did say 3 yr warranty.

is this the right one ? its basically the only one they have

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?I...eMax=&SUBCATID=

Yep

Thats it.

As for the LG panel... Im starting to be sceptical myself....

A lot of people are syaing it. Rep at Teac swears its a Samsung, or at least, made by samsung.

Im wondering if possibly its badged LG, but as is all too common, comes from Samsung? I mean, a LOT of Sony's pervious panels we're made by samsung?

Maybe they are swaering its a Samsung panel, meanign they are making it, but they buy it from LG? I have no idea, im confused as all hell.

Its supposed to be a Gen8. Im not too worried, as its the PQ that matters, and the PQ is suberb on this, as are the blacks as well... I've barely seen another plasma (bar maybe Panasonics) that have as deep blacks.

That said, i'll keep these emails, simply because if it turns out to be an LG made, and not a Gen8 panel, im getting my money back later down the line, much like i did with the Soniq... (Im earning that title of plasma whore well arent i :blink: )

(Im earning that title of plasma whore well arent i :P )

Being the plasma whore, I thought I'd ask... I am looking for the best value for money plasma/lcd/lcd rear projection on the market. Viewing distance is 2 metres and it's replacing a Sony Wega 68cm flat screen ...

Would love HD but too much money, although I can spend more if need be.

Have anywhere from $2000+. Just want value for money... Any ideas?

oh, and the wife's must is that it has to look sharp.

Being the plasma whore, I thought I'd ask... I am looking for the best value for money plasma/lcd/lcd rear projection on the market. Viewing distance is 2 metres and it's replacing a Sony Wega 68cm flat screen ...

Would love HD but too much money, although I can spend more if need be.

Have anywhere from $2000+. Just want value for money... Any ideas?

oh, and the wife's must is that it has to look sharp.

well if u want true hd, teac have a sexy new 32" lcd thats 1920x1080 and 6ms.

other than that, the plasma we're discussing here is also superb. both $2k.

well if u want true hd, teac have a sexy new 32" lcd thats 1920x1080 and 6ms.

other than that, the plasma we're discussing here is also superb. both $2k.

Thanks,

When you say the TV you are discussing you mean the Teac right? Can I view it from anywhere online?

Also 32" maybe a bit small .. Will I need a HD Box for both? And, I dont mind paying more for a better TV... Purely talking value.. Doesn't have to be $2k.

Thanks again

:blink:

Part 1.

Ok me and a mate went out this morning. The 110% PLH4220SD at JB HiFi Kedron is the same panel as the one I saw yesterday the JB HiFi Mt.Gravatt.

Standing at the back of the unit, on the top of the back of the unit there is 6 x squares of small drilled ventillation holes. Throught the back you can see a aluminimum frame across the whole of the screen. From the left at the back between square 1 and 2 there is a sticker with balck writing saying LG Electronic's.

Between squares 3 and 4 the is a sticker with red writing on it. Between square 5 and 6 there is a single sticker with black writing on it. Bottom left of sticker says LG Electronics, top left of the same sticker says Model PDP42V7. 110%

Part 2.

When we got to Good Guys Carseldine they just finished setting up a 100% PLH4220SD. This TV DID NOT I repeat DID NOT have the same LG stickers in the back. Around square 4 , I could only see 1 small sticker. Couldn't easily make it out. NO LG stickers also didn't see any Samsung stickers. This unit had %100 better PQ than the one's at JB hifi. Myself and my mate are now considering buy this TV. I was looking at a Hitachi 8800 but this TEAC is much cheaper. Guy at Goodguy said they didn't mind if we checked units before leaving shop.

Maybe just maybe JB got the first shipment without samsung panels.

Hopefully all consumer get the samsung panel one.

Hopefully good guys have only samsung one's.

Maybe the LG stickers are on samsung panels but judging by PQ I don't think so.

If I buy I will be checking first.

Guy's since mxlaser doesn't beleive me, can someone in Brissy check these PLEASE. I'm 41 and having been reading for a while now and I am a technician so I know how to check electrical items.

Junkyard I think you'll be right getting your from Good Guys.

Yep

Thats it.

As for the LG panel... Im starting to be sceptical myself....

A lot of people are syaing it. Rep at Teac swears its a Samsung, or at least, made by samsung.

Im wondering if possibly its badged LG, but as is all too common, comes from Samsung? I mean, a LOT of Sony's pervious panels we're made by samsung?

Maybe they are swaering its a Samsung panel, meanign they are making it, but they buy it from LG? I have no idea, im confused as all hell.

Its supposed to be a Gen8. Im not too worried, as its the PQ that matters, and the PQ is suberb on this, as are the blacks as well... I've barely seen another plasma (bar maybe Panasonics) that have as deep blacks.

That said, i'll keep these emails, simply because if it turns out to be an LG made, and not a Gen8 panel, im getting my money back later down the line, much like i did with the Soniq... (Im earning that title of plasma whore well arent i :P )

Noooo just when i thought its all good you say that :blink:

Damn. Got almost to the end of the thread and was convinced that I would try to get one, and now this. Is there any way we can find out for sure  :blink: ?

I don't unserstand some people... No offence, but whats the difference? LG and samsung have SOOOoooo many close ties, and cross products, being virtually one and the same anyway... A LOT of samsungs products are made by LG, and vice versa.

Everyone is heralding the image quality and sheer great PQ on these new Teac's, what does it matter in that sense? Its not an old panel, that's easy to understand purely due to its black levels, and contrast ratio. Its a new PDP its either an 8th gen which is most likely, or at worst 7th gen, not that there was actually much between the gens anyway.

Worry about the pcture quality, and if you like the look of it. Im still convinced its a Samsung screen, i can't see having this much tech info, and confirming its a Samsung panel, for it not to be. Unless what someone above has said is true, in the maybe the JB models (only ones in stock as of yet) are a cheaper version using LG (done before with other manufacturers models and items) and the DSE/GG/RV ones are the Samsung Panels?

Just went to local JB store and they had 6 of the Teacs in stock. (Model No. PH4220SD). Sales guy told me it was an LG panel inside and the Sonic plasma had a Samsung panel inside.

This is the deal I got offered. Just wanting to get some options on it.

Teac Plasma - $1874

Teac HD STB 820 - $370

(this will go on my Pioneer HD Plasma and I will put my current Thomson HD STB on the Teac.

Wall Brackets - $200

5 year warranty - $300

Free delivery

6 months interest free

Total approx -$2750

What are you thoughts. Do you think I could get much better or is this a pretty good deal.

They had the cricket running on the Teac hooked up to the Teac HD STB. The picture looked really good. The clarity of the grass on the field was excellent.

Cheers

Part 1.

Ok me and a mate went out this morning. The 110% PLH4220SD at JB HiFi Kedron is the same panel as the one I saw yesterday the JB HiFi Mt.Gravatt.

Standing at the back of the unit, on the top of the back of the unit there is 6 x squares of small drilled ventillation holes. Throught the back you can see a aluminimum frame across the whole of the screen. From the left at the back between square 1 and 2 there is a sticker with balck writing saying LG Electronic's.

Between squares 3 and 4 the is a sticker with red writing on it. Between square 5 and 6 there is a single sticker with black writing on it. Bottom left of sticker says LG Electronics, top left of the same sticker says Model PDP42V7. 110%

Part 2.

When we got to Good Guys Carseldine they just finished setting up a 100% PLH4220SD. This TV DID NOT I repeat DID NOT have the same LG stickers in the back. Around square 4 , I could only see 1 small sticker. Couldn't easily make it out. NO LG stickers also didn't see any Samsung stickers. This unit had %100 better PQ than the one's at JB hifi. Myself and my mate are now considering buy this TV. I was looking at a Hitachi 8800 but this TEAC is much cheaper. Guy at Goodguy said they didn't mind if we checked units before leaving shop.

Guy's since mxlaser doesn't beleive me, can someone in Brissy check these PLEASE. I'm 41 and having been reading for a while now and I am a technician so I know how to check electrical items.

haha, you posted just as i was...

I do agreee with you now, its what i thought, and feared. Apologies mate. I was wrong, and im sorry.

So the other one definatly had better image quality? Damn, that would be the Samsung screen then, and the JB's are LG's so it seems at the moment....

**** this is going to be bad :s...

Still pick the right one, and your laughing, with what i said at the start, will be the best PQ image for any sub $3k plasma.

Sorry Seize. Seems somewhat both right, and i was more wrong :blink:

I went to JB Hi today in Ringwood, Melbourne. I spoke to the Salesperson there who confirmed to me that the Teac Plasma that they have are LG V7 Panels. He told me that he could see the LG stickers inside the back of the Screen. So I guess that

JB Hi Fi have the Teac with the LG Panels. I must admit that the Panel and surrounds is not the best to look at.

(Definitely won't be going there !)

Part 1.

Part 2.

Actually I think you probably more right.

Hopefully all the units that come out are samsung.

I don't know whats going on with the units I've seen at JB. Maybe as they get more units in they'll be samsung.

The PQ was chalk and cheese between the units.

And I agree with the one I saw a GG it's certainly the best PQ sub $2500.

Maybe even better than the SD panasonic.

I need to take the wife to see it, the style isn't that great.

So I suppose the point in all this I have been reading is that the Teac with Samsung panle is the best value for money plasma going around?

Please someone tell me where I can see a picture of it to show the wife...

What set top box would you guys recommend with it?

I will be running Foxtel Digital and PS2 through it...

Thanks heaps

Actually I think you probably more right.

Hopefully all the units that come out are samsung.

I don't know whats going on with the units I've seen at JB. Maybe as they get more units in they'll be samsung.

The PQ was chalk and cheese between the units.

And I agree with the one I saw a GG it's certainly the best PQ sub $2500.

Maybe even better than the SD panasonic.

I need to take the wife to see it, the style isn't that great.

Thanks Selze.

As i said before, sorry to doubt, just was so certain it was Samsung, and everything fron Teac (friends there and tech manager) stated in writing was a Samsung panel too...

Looks like JB probably bought a cheaper cost Teac to compete, earn more profit on, and shift stock. OR.. as was with the Soniq Plasma with its scart sockets, just got "some" that weren't the right ones in.

I'll be opening mine instore before delivery on Monday to confirm. Thanks for letting us know, and at leats panic is over in regards to not being Samsung, there are, but be careful and check is the message...

Possibly better than the SD panasonic... But that's renowned by everywhere as the best SD panel available... Damn... Thats a good call.. Mind you i thought that the first time i saw one at Teac 3 weeks ago.

Im actually like the Teac's surround, but it is personal.