New top dog of budget plama's

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi NeoNode

I just picked up one of these today, there's so many features and what they are supposed to do, not listed in the manual which is quite fustrating trying to figure out.

But other than that, PQ is quite good connected to a set top box via DVI, but the unit does run a tad hot after 30mins of use.

Can you confirm what inputs this has on the back? ie take a photo or something?

Cheers,

Paul.

I checked the back of the Teac and can't find any LG markings. Any idea where they are exactly?

Just got back JB Hi Fi Mt.Gravatt. While trying to do a un-doable deal on a new Hitachi 8800 I said to the salesman that I might go for a new TEAC as it's got a samsung panel. He said no way.

We went over to the display TEAC PLH4220SD panel.<b> When looking through the back grills you can clearly see LG stickers everywhere. Clearly see LG PDP42V7 sticker on it. </b>

So is the LG PDP42V7 panel a samsung panel ?

My mate in JB told me they were LG this morning... he also suggested the panel they are selling may be different to the one the Good Guys have...

It would be nice if friggin Teac would detail its new models on its website (the JPG image on the main page kind of looks like the new models, but the model details shows zip).

Regards

Is it just me or is the new TEAC the most pig dog ugly plasma now on the market. Picture quality is quite good for an $1800 unit but it's damn ugly. There seems to be more surface space for the fascia than there is viewing area.

Just my opinion I guess.

Seize, your either looking at the wrong plasma, or your mistaken in a way, which is understandable. Sure it wasnt the Olded teac you saw (which were all LG panels) or the LCD which was LG as well.

The new 4220SD is 100% Samsung. I can't seem to explain this enough. Not only do i have the official response from the national tech manager, and also their state sales accoutn executive ( an old friend).

There are parts however inside supplied by LG, something to do with interlacing and also sound as well. Which is the mistaken part i think you've seen. There is NO WAY its an LG screen.

Also, whats this work for Teac crap.. I helped JB sell probably over 50 Soniq plasma's or close too from my thread on OCAU (over 1000 posts) so no, i don't work for JB, im simply a plasma whore :blink: