Panasonic owners of the 42PV500a & 50 inch

Guys and gals i have just purchased the 42PV500a and love it but have one problem with it. Both sides on the front where the speakers are i have dents from what i don't know. I remember opening the box when it arrived and screemed ooooo nooooo. In a panic i rang Myers to tell them the problem i had and they said they would get someone to come and look at it. Cut a long story short i went back to Myers and looked at the floor stock of my plasma to find the same issue, then went to JB HIFI and their stock had the same dents in the front and so i went onto another store to find the same again in DSE powerhouse. As i see it all the 42's and 50's have dents in the front speakers. I then ran into a panasonic rep who said it should'nt be like this, so my question is?, Does your 42 or 50 have dents in the side front speakers. I think this is a manufacture problem and are thinking of sending mine back.

palms

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guy i have just purchased the 42PV500a and love it but have one problem with it. Both sides on the front where the speakers are i have dents from what i don't know. I remember opening the box when it arrived and screemed ooooo nooooo. In a panic i rang Myers to tell them the problem i had and they said they would get someone to come and look at it. Cut a long story short i went back to Myers and looked at the floor stock of my plasma to find the same issue, then went to JB HIFI and their stock had the same dents in the front and so i went onto anther store to find the same again in DSE powerhouse. As i see it all the 42'2 and 50's have dents in the front speakers. I then ran into a panasonic rep who said it should'nt be like this, so my question is?, Does your 42 or 50 have dents in the side front speakers. I think this is a manufacture problem and are thinking of sending mine back.

palms

No, my new Panny 500A is spot on, no dents at all.

Guy i have just purchased the 42PV500a and love it but have one problem with it. Both sides on the front where the speakers are i have dents from what i don't know. I remember opening the box when it arrived and screemed ooooo nooooo. In a panic i rang Myers to tell them the problem i had and they said they would get someone to come and look at it. Cut a long story short i went back to Myers and looked at the floor stock of my plasma to find the same issue, then went to JB HIFI and their stock had the same dents in the front and so i went onto anther store to find the same again in DSE powerhouse. As i see it all the 42'2 and 50's have dents in the front speakers. I then ran into a panasonic rep who said it should'nt be like this, so my question is?, Does your 42 or 50 have dents in the side front speakers. I think this is a manufacture problem and are thinking of sending mine back.

palms

I think you are over-estimated this dent issue you see. Yes, mine does have a slight dimple where the tweeters are, but it just from the process of punching out the holes for the drivers. And it can only be seen from a particular angle on my set.

Does your 42 or 50 have dents in the side front speakers.

palms

None in my 42PV500A. Tried looking from every conceivable angle and lighting condition.

I did notice a sad looking one in a store and thought, "Bugger buying from here. If they put up a display like that, what have they done to the stock in the back room. Drop it off the forklift?"

Hi,

I have a 50", and mine has the dents you are referring to. Similar to ddarby, they are only visible from certain angles.

I was shopping for Plasma's for ages beforehand and noticed the dents in every single unit I saw (Bing Lee, Harvey Norman, Myer, DJ's, Good Guys etc). They turned me off a bit, but the PQ was stunning, so I went ahead with the purchase. When mine was delivered and it had the dents I sort of expected it.

I had no idea it may be a fault. I am not sure if I would go through the hassle of replacing it, but if you do and you get a flawless one, can you please post your thoughts.

Thanks Palms.

Still love the panna, have been recommending it to anyone that will listen.

Me too, really wrapped in this 500A. Can't wait to hook up a DVD player with HDMi.

Guys just heads up on this issue. I have spoken to panasonic and waiting for more replys from them. What has been said to me so far is there should not be any dents on the front where there speakers are. I have got the attention from high up in management with this issue to the point they are contacting the store where i bought it from to take pictures and also inform japan of a possible problem. They said they would like to see my plasma and will replace it if need be. I have checked all surrounding stores with this issue, it effects the 42's and 50's. If you don't have the dents then your lucky, for those who don't understand what i am trying to describe think of a hail dent on a car, look at the angles from below and top and side to side with direct light on the plasma, you will see them. I will keep you informed of my progress.

palms

Guys just heads up on this issue. I have spoken to panasonic and waiting for more replys from them. What has been said to me so far is there should not be any dents on the front where there speakers are. I have got the attention from high up in management with this issue to the point they are contacting the store where i bought it from to take pictures and also inform japan of a possible problem. They said they would like to see my plasma and will replace it if need be. I have checked all surrounding stores with this issue, it effects the 42's and 50's. If you don't have the dents then your lucky, for those who don't understand what i am trying to describe think of a hail dent on a car, look at the angles from below and top and side to side with direct light on the plasma, you will see them. I will keep you informed of my progress.

palms

I have the dents on my Plasma as well (On the sides), on the first one that I had and on the one that I got as a replacement. Doesn't really bother me though. As long as the picture has no problems then I'm happy. But if it's not supposed to be there, keep us posted. You really only notice them through various angles. Mine is the 42" HD version.

SIDES, between the glass panel and outer side panel where the speakers sit in behind, like someone said it's where the tweeters are. Some people report no dents but i think most will say they have them now i have mentioned it.

palms

Roughly how large are these dents, and do they appear on the same place both left and right, or random? How many dents per side are we talking about?

I have to say I haven't seem them on my 42PV500A, but I haven't peeled off any protective film that may be on top either. I'll go and have another look tonight.

SIDES, between the glass panel and outer side panel where the speakers sit in behind, like someone said it's where the tweeters are. Some people report no dents but i think most will say they have them now i have mentioned it.

palms

Yep, that's where mine are. I thought that it was normal, I noticed it on the first day I got my Plasma approaching 3 weeks ago now and the replaced one yesterday (previous one had a Thick black line on the top of the screen), still has those dents in them.

Roughly how large are these dents, and do they appear on the same place both left and right, or random? How many dents per side are we talking about?

I have to say I haven't seem them on my 42PV500A, but I haven't peeled off any protective film that may be on top either. I'll go and have another look tonight.

They are more like dimples and can be seen from various angles and lighting conditions.

Two shots of my problem, i have not herd back from panasonic as yet, as soon as i do i will post. They were going to the store today to take pictures, i guess **** has hit the fan and are deciding what action plan they use, anyway it's a waiting game now. To me this is not normal, it's like buying a nice care with hail dents imo.

palms

dentsonpana31jr.th.jpg

a closer look

dentsonpana25sq.th.jpg

Two shots of my problem, i have not herd back from panasonic as yet, as soon as i do i will post. They were going to the store today to take pictures, i guess **** has hit the fan and are deciding what action plan they use, anyway it's a waiting game now. To me this is not normal, it's like buying a nice care with hail dents imo.

palms

dentsonpana31jr.th.jpg

a closer look

dentsonpana25sq.th.jpg

I to notice this problem, but have done nothing thinking it was to be like that!!! hmmmm, bloody nice picture but!

keep trucking!

Mc :ph34r:

Ah I see what you mean now. Yes, my speakers show those small dimples, maybe not to the extent on yours. But that's just the way they've been mounted on the panel. I have no doubt that it's both normal and there is probably no other way they could have put them into the panel at the factory without leaving some impression marks.

Relax and enjoy your TV :blink: