Panasonic commercial panels

Can the 50R5XW do native resolution at 50Hz on VGA? If not, do you know what resolutions they will do at 50Hz on VGA?

Thanks

Peter

I wish someone who has one would come to the fore with these sort of details.

I just tried a google on 50R5XW and the only link I got was to this dba thread!

What signal inputs does it have ie 576p/50, 1080i/50 and which frequency does it's native resolution run at?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What signal inputs does it have ie 576p/50, 1080i/50 and which frequency does it's native resolution run at?

Any information in this?
Oops link doesn't work. Stand by while I see if I can find it.

No luck in the short term so here is the link to Panasonic. http://panasonic.com.au/products/details.cfm?objectID=3146

I know I have a copy of the brochure some place. If I can find it and figure a way to link it here I'll do it.

You need to Google 50XR5 :blink:

It will accept SD frequencies like 480/576 interlaced & prog at 50/60Hz. HD frequencies 720p@60Hz (but not 50!), 1080i @ 50,60Hz. It also accepts 1365x768 @ 60Hz which is why the VP30 crowd will take a look at it.

The Panasonic does support 720p@50Hz, 1366x768@60Hz (50 through the VGA port and BNC RGBHV terminal blade).

In the end, the Panasonic can be more flexible although the NEC can run most signals including 1365x768 through HDMI (ie. a few more cables required with Panasonic to cover all the frequencies ). But ideally you want a DVI blade ( another $300) and a video processor (depending on your inputs and expectations).

It's horses for courses. You gotta realise this. Certain panels will suit your needs better as long as you know what you really need for your setup.

He is talking about the NEC panel Lyle, not the Panasonic. :D
Ooops. Thought this was a panasonic thread. :blink: Oh well it would still be of interest to get the link working again. I should have the brochure for the series 8 in my hot little hands by tonight. The one I had was the series 7.

If you can buy an NEC XR5W for $4500 snap it up. Also I tried to reply to a message from DLPNUT however I keep getting error messages. Bear in mind you have to mount the screen so you'll need a stand or wall mount. I used a B&W FPM Speaker (Wall mounted) as a center channel, very nice. These XR5's are a very nice screen and the best looking NEC screen asthetically I have seen.

If you can buy an NEC XR5W for $4500 snap it up. Also I tried to reply to a message from DLPNUT however I keep getting error messages. Bear in mind you have to mount the screen so you'll need a stand or wall mount. I used a B&W FPM Speaker (Wall mounted) as a center channel, very nice. These XR5's are a very nice screen and the best looking NEC screen asthetically I have seen.

Thanks for the reply Terra, I dont know why the msging is not working to me, as I had received one from Paul recently.

I assume the NEC 50' does not come with a stand in the 4.5K price range, I will check a few shops in Melbourne to see what they are able to do on this TV.

Also what would be the best HD STB to go with this , I was thinking Toppy 7000.

Courtesy of the information posted by angryofmayfair in another thread this morning

New commercial Series 9 panels:

(link)

J.

Hmmm, I wonder if they have the 1080p processing like their siblings?? No mention of it as far as I can see

Courtesy of the information posted by angryofmayfair in another thread this morning

New commercial Series 9 panels:

(link)

J.

Hmmm, I wonder if they have the 1080p processing like their siblings?? No mention of it as far as I can see

Also wonder how long before we get them and how much.

on the American Panasonic site they dont mention that their 60/600 series plasma's have 1080p processing either. So the Professional display panels might have the same 1080p as the consumer models we have here.

Also looking on their site as of June theyve updated their plasmas and added the 600 series.