Sign in to follow this  
cummo

Panasonic commercial panels

I have just been advised from a distributor that Panasonic no longer make a commercial 42 inch HD Plasma. Only a SD. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

Its on the Panasonic web site and there is one presently listed on Ebay. The 50phd8 is now on Ebay with a buy-now of $4999.

Its on the Panasonic web site and there is one presently listed on Ebay.
I have been advised that that does not mean anything. Here are the distributors own words:

"Many items are still on the list of Panasonics website. This is mainly because other Retailers have stock, we generally run out first."

According to your source Lyle, they must be really Hot.

TH-42PHD8WK is listed on Pana’s Commercial site under

Hot Products

Your could phone 132600 and if they can’t tell you,

perhaps Panasonic Aust in WA (08) 9352 2400, Fax (08) 9352 2458 may be of some help.

According to your source Lyle, they must be really Hot.
I wonder what "HOT" means??

Hey guys,

I just bought myself a TH-42PWD8WK for a pretty good price, am happy with the purchase :blink:

Now I need to get myself a HDMI board. Where have you guys been getting yours from? This isn't something that's normally listed on price lists. etc, and I'm not sure where a good (retail) place to get one from would be. Would prefer SA but I'm happy to deal with interstate if that means better prices :P

Thanks heaps,

Alan

If anyone in Perth is looking for a Panasonic Commercial Plasma 50" or otherwise, I have managed to get a reasonably good price on the units (delivered to Perth).

There's an opportunity to get supply of the panels, and some good service and support as well.

PM me directly to enquire.

Man I really need to just choose a new TV and buy it. The longer I take the more times I change my mind.

Recently, my new TV short list was between the new Panasonic 50 Inch 60 series and the Vizio 50 Inch plasma panels.

Now, after reading a few threads here and elsewhere, I'm all but sold on a new Panasonic Commercial 50 Inch panel.

Not only do these panels look better (all black) but they appear to have superior connectivity options and hardware.

I don't need or want TV speakers. I don't need or want and in-built tuner. I don't need or want any bloody silver on the screen!

The only questions are, 'how do I get a TH-50PHD8WK(Black) in Townsville and how much will it cost me?'

Man I really need to just choose a new TV and buy it. The longer I take the more times I change my mind.

Recently, my new TV short list was between the new Panasonic 50 Inch 60 series and the Vizio 50 Inch plasma panels.

Now, after reading a few threads here and elsewhere, I'm all but sold on a new Panasonic Commercial 50 Inch panel.

Not only do these panels look better (all black) but they appear to have superior connectivity options and hardware.

I don't need or want TV speakers. I don't need or want and in-built tuner. I don't need or want any bloody silver on the screen!

The only questions are, 'how do I get a TH-50PHD8WK(Black) in Townsville and how much will it cost me?'

Try these guys, http://www.digitalcameras.com.au/product.a...roductid=107807

the price of the unit is cheap so is the delivery.

Also try here for a check price. They are based in Melb. with their warehouse in Sydney.

the only drawback with the 8 series from the 7 is that they dont come equiped with a BNC component board and the price for now is a touch higher as theyre rlativley new. i suspect the SD model will be down around the $2100 pricepoint shortly

cheers mike

Anyone know the best place to buy blades? I see not many local retailers sell them. I will need a component board and a HDMI board. What is the cheapest website to import them from?

I think I have finally made up my mind and will go with the new 8th gen commercial panasonic 50 inch plasma. :blink:

Anyone know the best place to buy blades? I see not many local retailers sell them. I will need a component board and a HDMI board. What is the cheapest website to import them from?

I think I have finally made up my mind and will go with the new 8th gen commercial panasonic 50 inch plasma. :blink:

skinxbwau,

Ring Panasonic or Rexel (02) 9887 6222 and find out who is your nearest supplier. Quote the best price you've found and ask them to match or better it. Negotiate the price of your blade requirements in the price. Rexel should be able to provide you with the RRP of the blades.

BTW, remember that the vga port can be used as a pc input, rgbhv input or component input.

Does the new generation 60 / 600 panasonic 'retail' plasma mean that there will now be a series 9 commercial panel??

If so, how long is the lag time behind the retail panels?

J.

Thanks in advance

Does the new generation 60 / 600 panasonic 'retail' plasma mean that there will now be a series 9 commercial panel??

If so, how long is the lag time behind the retail panels?

J.

Thanks in advance

I'd expect to see them towards the end of the year or early next year.

I thought the TH-50PHD8WK did use the same panel as the 60/600 series panels. Is it actually the same panel as the 500 series?

I thought the TH-50PHD8WK did use the same panel as the 60/600 series panels. Is it actually the same panel as the 500 series?

Hey Skin,

The specs from the Panasonic website for the 8WK : - http://panasonic.com.au/products/details.cfm?objectID=3146

don't mention any of the features of the 60A such as the 1080p processor or the 10000:1 contrast ratio. In fact in mentions the 3000:1 ratio - I'd say it doesn't use the 9G panel. :-(

Does this mean yet another rethink?

Ron.

\(I've made up my mind - I've ordered the 50" 60A from my local mate who runs the local Retravision)

Does this mean yet another rethink?

I think I may cry! :blink:

I think I may cry! :blink:

If you believe the new panel is 10,000:1 then I'd cry. If you look at plasma contrast ratios.. they are a bit dodgy. Go look at the panels in real life.

The 8WK has different electronics. Arguably inferior to the 60A but different modes. eg. JUST mode is different on 8WK, and full image control, colour control and multiple settings per input. It's built for a different purpose and still the only Panasonic you can drive properly with an external scaler or calibrate it properly.

For the average person, you might buy a 60A and be perfectly happy with it. But if you ever want to upgrade, you've got no signal upgrade path but to get another panel.

Also the 8WK comes with a 24 month Panasonic factory warranty.

And if you want that minimal look ( like wall mounting it nicely ), then you probably won't want a 60A.

btw the 60A and the 8WK are the same price. So choose !

The other issue with the commercial panels (ie apart from the 9G issue) is can you get an extended warranty from the places that actually sell it. You may not care, but I certainly do. (edit: Darn, Andrew sort of beat me to this)

The other option is the commercial Pioneer models, but do they come with the same 5 year home warranty that the retail models do?

J.

(Sorry to put a spanner in the works :blink: )

The other issue with the commercial panels (ie apart from the 9G issue) is can you get an extended warranty from the places that actually sell it. You may not care, but I certainly do. (edit: Darn, Andrew sort of beat me to this)

The other option is the commercial Pioneer models, but do they come with the same 5 year home warranty that the retail models do?

Buy the 8WK with your AMEX/VISA and get 3 years total coverage.. I guess if you want more than 3 years, there's the Panasonic factory warranty.. solid but very expensive.

I believe the commercial Pioneer models come with 5 year warranty for domestic use. But you'll want to check with Pioneer on whether it's at home or not.

For the average person, you might buy a 60A and be perfectly happy with it. But if you ever want to upgrade, you've got no signal upgrade path but to get another panel.

This is the whole point of purchasing the commercial panel. Obtaining a pixel match at the panels native resolution means the panel will always be as good as its external processor. Lumagens, Crystalios and Iscans processors are always going to perform better than what is offered in the Vieras. The Vp30 with the new upgrade card will provide possibly the best standard definition processing avaliable in affordable scalers. When there is sufficient HD content to justify an upgrade, there will be a good range of HD scalers providing 1080p deinterlacing to choose from.

If you want a television, then the 60a looks like a good choice at the moment. If you want a display with upgradeable processing in a HT setup, then IMO the Panasonic commercial or the new range of Pioneer Pro panels are the way to go.

Geeez, I can't resist playing with new toys and my wallet.

I went through my cable box, and I have a 3m bundle of RGBHV RCA cable that I made up some time ago in anticipation of a HDTV ( Belden 1694a + Canare RCAs).

So.. I ordered the RGBHV BNC board for the 8WK ( since the DVI board is out of stock atm ).

Will be interesting to get a DVI board later and compare the results :blink::P :P

I decided that's a more elegant and robust solution than a VGA DB-15 cable.

Buy the 8WK with your AMEX/VISA and get 3 years total coverage

Where did you see that Andrew?

I have decided on getting a commercial panasonic panel, but I don't know if I should wait for the 9th gen or not. I may send Panasonic an email to see if they have a release date. I reckon the price would be very similar to the current 8th gen commercial.