Panasonic commercial panels

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, that was from the UK. Not sure what the model numbers will be here.

Guarantee they will be 50PHD8**. It's the last 2 codes that seem to change according to region and colour options.

The panels themselves should be the same though.

Well, if you are playing a 50hz PAL DVD from your HTPC via DVI or HDMI, then your going to have to put up with a slight amount of judder from the 3:2 pulldown.

For HTPC use, your better off using the 15Pin RGB input.  There is no discernable quality difference between this input and the digital connections according to the guys on www.avforums.com (the UK version of AVS).

will this judder still be noticable from your everyday dvd player or STB via either component or HDMI?

im thinking about possibly a 50HD coupled with a HDSTB/PVR possibly the toshiba

and a dvd player to suit.

i will also be running a PC into the display which is being built in the coming months

does anyone have any suggestions as to the ideal setup with blades etc.

cheers mike

US. website shows series 8 panels with model numbers and US dollar pricing..

The various input modules are also listed...

These panels have UK. on the end of designation... panasonic.com....

based on that.....

the 50" is equivilent to $5400 AUD

the 42" is equivilent to $4092 AUD

anyone think this will be about right by the time they land?

cheers mike

Currently the series 7 model is $5390 and the DVI module is $300 or HDMI is $250

africandiscus,

Can you provide a link to the site you're using for the 7 series pricing. The sites I've been monitoring haven't been updated for some time.

• 3 weeks later...
Any updates on release of Pana. commercial series 8 panels........ anyone??

I haven't heard anything. Still waiting.

The new 50" Grand Wega is starting to look very tempting.

First post !!

English prices for these panels are interesting. Their version of the 50" Viera 500A (TH-50PV500B) has a built-in digital tuner, SD memory card slot, PCMCIA card slot but no HDMI and costs 4500 pounds. The commercial panel TH-50PHD8BK (same model as for release here) is 3100 pounds. These are retail prices including VAT from a company called AV Sales. I hope when these panels get here they are two-thirds the price of the 500A !

First post !!

English prices for these panels are interesting. Their version of the 50" Viera 500A (TH-50PV500B) has a built-in digital tuner, SD memory card slot, PCMCIA card slot but no HDMI and costs 4500 pounds. The commercial panel TH-50PHD8BK (same model as for release here) is 3100 pounds. These are retail prices including VAT from a company called AV Sales. I hope when these panels get here they are two-thirds the price of the 500A !

This would make sense if in essence they are the same panel without all the extra's like that crappy surround.

Any word on these panels? They look interesting, did others note that they'll accept 75Hz? Also they'll have an SDI option, this would be really interesting to see them running on an SDI feed.

• 5 weeks later...

Rexel (Panasonic's commercial branch) confirmed today that they have the 50" PHD8 available now. It has a charcoal bezel that is slimmer than the 7 series and comes standard with the fixed VGA port and a removeable composite/svideo blade with 2 spare ports for optional blades. RRP is $6479 (GST inc.) representing a 10% reduction on the 7 series RRP.

RRP of available options (GST inc.) are table stand - $242, component blade - $186, dvi blade - $374, hdmi blade - $275, sdi blade - $935, hdi blade - $2440, speakers - $539.

I was told yesterday that the SD model would be available in 2 weeks but now the ETA for both the Sd and HD 42" models is unknown. As advised yesterday, their RRP's (GST inc,) are $3124 and $5490.

Anyone requiring further info can ring Rexel direct and speak to their sales section on (02) 9887 6222.

BTW, I noticed yesterday that there is a new series 7 Sd panel on Ebay with a buy now price of $1999

Rexel (Panasonic's commercial branch) confirmed today that they have the 50" PHD8 available now. It has a charcoal bezel that is slimmer than the 7 series and comes standard with the fixed VGA port and a removeable composite/svideo blade with 2 spare ports for optional blades. RRP is $6479 (GST inc.) representing a 10% reduction on the 7 series RRP.

RRP of available options (GST inc.) are table stand - $242, component blade - $186, dvi blade - $374, hdmi blade - $275, sdi blade - $935, hdi blade - $2440, speakers - $539.

I was told yesterday that the SD model would be available in 2 weeks but now the ETA for both the Sd and HD 42" models is unknown. As advised yesterday, their RRP's (GST inc,) are $3124 and $5490.

Anyone requiring further info can ring Rexel direct and speak to their sales section on (02) 9887 6222.

BTW, I noticed yesterday that there is a new series 7 Sd panel on Ebay with a buy now price of $1999

Once the Panasonic Commercial Panels are more commonly available, who tends to sell them??

( I have sent an email to AVAction who sold the old commercial model - (Link))

Ta in advance

J.

Once the Panasonic Commercial Panels are more commonly available, who tends to sell them??

( I have sent an email to AVAction who sold the old commercial model - (Link))

Ta in advance

J.

I use Alpha for an idea on price. They are based in Melbourne with their warehouse in Sydney. Avaction haven't updated their web site for some time.

Its probably best to ring Rexel for a list of agents in you area to compare prices.