Promax TV Explorer

carpy

MTV & other AP 01 owners,

Does it have a Histogram/bar graph feature,

or anything that allows you to view multiple muxes simultaneously?

Also, does anyone have any experience and or comments on the Ikusi DSA 640?

It doesn't have the histogram like the T40, which is a shame, as I found that quite useful, however, you can view the spectrum display between markers to see the peaks.

Multiple muxes... not on the same frequency, but obviously multiple frequencies can be displayed.

You can see reflected/multipath/SFN signals simultaneously and it even tells you the direction and distance of the reflected 'sources'.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iam not so negative... i tell you the truth and the defference between this two instruments... i store some tp in program is good now to identify unknow sat.but is not automatic..

the ap01 have some function like analogue sat no one digital new generation meter i think have analogue tv picture,is good to install wireless camera radio link tv link ...

yes is 4.7kg! without bug is 4kg.but not 3,5kg

mtv have you use a promax tv explorer?

i have a old unaohm ep316 analogue meter that the reason i have buy ap01 but i expect more automatic functions.

mtv when i go in to the memory program of tp when i change numbers of programs i hear a noise from the speaker in 7 span

have you this problem in your meter?

i hearing a noise like analogue no signal sound... i turn off the volume but nothing change this hapen when i change fast the pr number in spectrum 7.

mtv if you use a promax you see what is the difference.

Edited by jimka

It doesn't have the histogram like the T40, which is a shame, as I found that quite useful, however, you can view the spectrum display between markers to see the peaks.

Multiple muxes... not on the same frequency, but obviously multiple frequencies can be displayed.

You can see reflected/multipath/SFN signals simultaneously and it even tells you the direction and distance of the reflected 'sources'.

MTV Sorry,let me rephrase the question.

That is what I meant,you can look at 3 different frequency multiplexes,ie

Ch's 51,53 &57 in the spectrum.

Do they update /refresh instantaneously?

Handy feature if so

mtv your meter in high sat frequncy the span7 is the same like low frequency?you see the same span?i look mine and the high frequency the span 7 is litle more from 100mhz and the low frequency is 230 mhz.is ok that or is problem in my meter.i found why i hear this noice in 7span in memory program tx power was on in ds..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just wondering how the prodig 3 compares in performance to the prodig 5?

Is it slower, the same?

Also was jimkas question about the symbol rate for the AP01 being automatic or manual ever answered?

From my understanding from reading the AP01 Manual page 25 it says:

Link: http://www.unaohm.it/unaohm_eng/upload/app...AN_AP01_ENG.pdf

NOTE: MODE and SYMB.R. parameters must be manually set.

Press the key MENU (18), rotate the SHAFT ENCODER (16) to highlight the desired

parameter, then press ENTER (16). To modify that value rotate the SHAFT ENCODER

(16), then press ENTER (16) to confirm your choice.

To exit the function press the key MENU (18).

To activate the MPEG function press the key TV (12).

So does this mean that the prodig 5 wins as a 'explorer' when DVB-S transponders parameters are unknown in the spectrum?

To be able to view the NIT on the AP01, i take it the transponder must first be locked in order to view the digital measurements and parameters.

To be locked the correct parameters must be first set?

Once a channel is locked you can view the NIT via page 27:

Meter is provided with an MPEG2 decoder which allows vision of non encrypted (free to

air) digital channels both in terrestrial and satellite band.

To activate this function it is necessary to proceed as follows:

tune a terrestrial or satellite digital channel

press DIGI (14) key to enter into digital measurement function

check if digital measurements are correct

press TV (12) key and wait until program table (NIT) appears

Man it is hard for me to choose between a prodig 5 and a ap01

Prodig 5 seems easy to use and automated

but the ap01 has a really nice fast spectrum, and RU Counts, AER

and analogue has OSD measurements compared to prodig 5, not sure if just picture and no OSD with Peak Vision PWR and C/N?

Also I was wondering with the both meters, which one is easier to use when it comes to controlling a DISEqC Motor?

Prodig 5 just use the shaft to turn east and west via a rotation in spectrum view?

See: http://www.promaxelectronics.com/downloads...xplorer-ing.pdf

Page 5

So, by turning the rotary selector clockwise you will drive to West

the motor and by turning counter clockwise you will drive to East

AP01 seems to be more button presses and shaft rotations?

Page 20

Press ENTER (16) to select the cell (xx) and rotate the SHAFT ENCODER

(16) to set the desired value. Press ENTER (16) again to transmit the

command.

So at the end of the day i think i need to own both meters!!!

to controlling a DISEqC Motor the ap01 is the best!the sr is only manual or from memory.the spectrum is real time have 7 modes of span but only in the center of band the span is bigger like 400mhz in the beginning of the band or in the end of the band the span goes under 100mhz.the ap01 has now mpeg4 module.

manual symbol rate is a positive that saves the user time locking a signal, as symbol rate is a parameter saved in each ap01 tuning preset. auto. symbol rate might seem like a great feature, but its only half the fruit as you need blind scan to be able to find the symbol rates of unknown services. don't think any meter has blind scan but some low cost receivers do!

• 2 weeks later...
Electrocraft in Sydney have advertised an end of financial sale on the Promax Prodig 3.

$2900 plus GST.

Great meter, never lets me down.

set it in spectrum mode and unplug the antenna input. the delay in its response (latency), makes anything in spectrum a 'move and wait, move and wait' operation, besides being really annoying.

do u mean yours is reliable?