Sign in to follow this  
phreek

Plasma Buzz gone with acoustic tiles (PHOTOS) !

i think it may be too late in the night to take all this in so i will try again in the morning... thanks for the input BD

I have the Panasonic TH-50PX70A. The buzzing is terrible at low volumes. I went around a mates house to view his Samsung Ps-50Q91HDX and no audible buzz until you put your ear up against the back of the television. The main difference I noticed between the 2 sets at back is the Sammy has a completely closed back except for some vents at the top. The Pana has heaps of vents on the back - I'd say 40% of the surface area. No wonder there is a loud buzz from the Pana.

When I went to buy a plasma I was choosing between these 2 sets. Only wish I'd gone the Sammy now. Be interested to see what the next gen of plasmas pana bring out cause for now I'll be telling all my family and friends to stay away from Pana and go with Sammy.

I have the Panasonic TH-50PX70A. The buzzing is terrible at low volumes. I went around a mates house to view his Samsung Ps-50Q91HDX and no audible buzz until you put your ear up against the back of the television. The main difference I noticed between the 2 sets at back is the Sammy has a completely closed back except for some vents at the top. The Pana has heaps of vents on the back - I'd say 40% of the surface area. No wonder there is a loud buzz from the Pana.

When I went to buy a plasma I was choosing between these 2 sets. Only wish I'd gone the Sammy now. Be interested to see what the next gen of plasmas pana bring out cause for now I'll be telling all my family and friends to stay away from Pana and go with Sammy.

Hi mate , does your tv have different power modes? ie settings that reduce the amount of power it consumes? If it does try setting to a different mode.

I have very sensitive ears so this is quite a problem.

A mate at work just recently grabbed a 50" Samsung 1080p plasma (for about 2.8k$ as well) he said he had a buzzing noise on it, they called a tech - he came and bent something at the back which heavily reduced the buzzing noise on the unit, next day it was buzzing again so he had a fiddle and it fixed it again.

It's a bit of a worry since I'm accustomed to using a silent display.

Does anyone know of any plasmas which don't buzz? Seems a lot of electronics nowadays are built cheaply and buzz.

I have very sensitive ears so this is quite a problem.

A mate at work just recently grabbed a 50" Samsung 1080p plasma (for about 2.8k$ as well) he said he had a buzzing noise on it, they called a tech - he came and bent something at the back which heavily reduced the buzzing noise on the unit, next day it was buzzing again so he had a fiddle and it fixed it again.

It's a bit of a worry since I'm accustomed to using a silent display.

Does anyone know of any plasmas which don't buzz? Seems a lot of electronics nowadays are built cheaply and buzz.

I have this problem with a brand new Pioneer KRP-600M - 60" top-of-the-line monitor. I had my first set replaced within a few days and the second set, whilst vastly quieter than the first, is still buzzy. The retailer brought their display model out along with a Panasonic model for comparison - their Pioneer was marginally worse than mine whereas the Panasonic was dead quiet. I'm looking into this solution though dont hold out much hope as the buzzing is coming right from the front of the panel - not the rear, so I dont see how an accoustic treatment behind the panel will make much difference.

I have this problem with a brand new Pioneer KRP-600M - 60" top-of-the-line monitor. I had my first set replaced within a few days and the second set, whilst vastly quieter than the first, is still buzzy. The retailer brought their display model out along with a Panasonic model for comparison - their Pioneer was marginally worse than mine whereas the Panasonic was dead quiet. I'm looking into this solution though dont hold out much hope as the buzzing is coming right from the front of the panel - not the rear, so I dont see how an accoustic treatment behind the panel will make much difference.

I am not familiar with this particular model of monitor but is there a Drive Mode option in the menu that you can change? Some owners of the Gen7 & 8 Kuros had buzzing issues and redcued it by changing this setting from 1 to 2.

Good luck

I am not familiar with this particular model of monitor but is there a Drive Mode option in the menu that you can change? Some owners of the Gen7 & 8 Kuros had buzzing issues and redcued it by changing this setting from 1 to 2.

Good luck

Yes there are 3 drive modes and 3 power modes. Changing drive modes seems to make no difference - though Pioneer suggested that - changing to powersave mode2 reduces the sound almost entirely but the picture quality and brightness are reduced markedly with this setting. Pioneer giving a 3rd set a go from Melbourne next week…

Yes there are 3 drive modes and 3 power modes. Changing drive modes seems to make no difference - though Pioneer suggested that - changing to powersave mode2 reduces the sound almost entirely but the picture quality and brightness are reduced markedly with this setting. Pioneer giving a 3rd set a go from Melbourne next week…

hmm, sorry to hear that. i know it made a difference to my pio.

good luck

Can't this thread be removed from being a sticky? I know a few people have recently discussed it, but overall it's very old and not often used. No more than many other threads in this forum. Initially, it might have seemed worthy, but really after this long a bit of pruning would keep the forum looking a little more fresh...

Is there an online website that we can order acoustic foam from?

Is there an online website that we can order acoustic foam from?

you might want to google it , i'm sure you will find plenty of stockists

Edited by spalmills

Damien

I have the same panel (KRP-600M) 3 Weeks old. Mine is buzzy as well. Exactly the same scenario. Power Modes - Standard and Save1 buzzing......Save2 buzz drops way down but the screen isn't as bright and PQ drops. Pioneer coming out in the next couple of days to investigate. Can hear it from viewing distance of 3m on quite scenes..... very annoying

Can't this thread be removed from being a sticky? I know a few people have recently discussed it, but overall it's very old and not often used. No more than many other threads in this forum. Initially, it might have seemed worthy, but really after this long a bit of pruning would keep the forum looking a little more fresh...

I agree.

JSmith :ninja:

I email the QLD Shop and got the reply of $250 to $500

Anyone else done something similar to this using something else thats cheap and good?

Hi all,

Well I've just installed the acoustic tiles behind the plasma and lo and behold going to a white screen results in no discernible buzz - and we're talking a buzz that was easily heard 3-4 meters away on a white screen which wasn't too often admittedly.

This afternoon there was a snow jumping competition with much white snow and very irritating buzz during those scenes.

Now even a full white screen gives a very low degree hum rather than buzz that is audible only with an otherwise silent room. There is absolutely no background buzz left and to say I'm impressed is understatement.

The tiled area measures 1.5m by 1m. I'll post some pictures later.

I had a loud buzz in my 102cm when I got it, turned out that I had connected it to the amp wrongly and the buzz disappeared as soon as I changed the connection.

Why is this post still a sticky in the forum? It's 6 years old. The last relevant reply was years ago. There are plenty of problems solved over the years in these forums that don't warrant them being sticky, yet this post is still here.

Having a bunch of sticky posts in the forum forces readers to re-scan the same titles over and over and over and over and over.

Is this post so incredibly useful and important that everyone has to see it every time they're in here? Can't an admin clean up these stickies and (safely) assume that if someone has a problem with noisy plasmas or other issues, they can use a search facility and find an answer??

It's no longer a 'sticky' but still pretty relevant given the amount of buzzing Panasonic and Samsung plasma screens floating around.