Best box for Latest Panasonic HD Viera 42"? ...LG?

The LG LST-5100 has been reccommended to me by a couple of stores to go with a new Panasonic HD Viera 42in.

I was close to getting the Toshiba J35!! (one store recommended it to me) Thanks to user reviews on a well known review website, (which 65% slammed it), I was put onto dba, and hello J35! I don't think I'll go there!. This is a good forum.

So... my other option is the LG LST-5100. Not much has been said about this unit, but a few stores have described it as a solid unit, and seems to be good value for $499. The only thing I'll need is a DVI-HDMI adapter, but I think that is ok.

I'm still interested in the Dual HD tuner with Hard Drive that Toshiba offered, but can't seem to find an alternate on the market.

Anyone have any opinions on the LG, or suggestions on alternatives? (I think I'll stay away from the Toshiba and Panasonic) Cheers

:blink: I have used the Humax 7000 for over 6 months, & it has not given me 1 iota of trouble. It is reliable, pq is very sharp with excellent colour rendition, no lag, no drop outs, no pixelization, & a 2 yr warranty.

It also does not have macrovision( which I think the LG5100 does) which enables you to record direct from the stb to a dvd recorder( which I am doing with excellent results.). The box also has an on /off timer.

Amy

I'm using an AUSID with the 42PV500. Very happy with the picture but I'm looking to trial the new Teac 820 sometime over the next few weeks.

My only gripes about the AUSID are the RF remote making it more expensive to integrate with a universal remote, no DVI/HDMI which means I have a spare HDMI port on my panel and no spare component for my PS2, and no optical audio out so I need to buy a converter to get digital audio into my amp.

So really, there is no problem with the AUSID, it's just that it doesn't integrate into my existing equipment that well. I'm guessing I'll go through the trouble of getting the Teac and find out that the picture quality is not as good (am having no solarisation type issues watching the footy ATM).