Sign in to follow this  
mchuelio

"Pana Paradise"

As I write I'm only minutes away from my first Plasma TV, the Toshiba 86crt got the boot and I have purchased and waiting on my new :blink: Panasonic 106cm (42inch) Viera Widescreen HD Plasma TV, I'm sitting at the front door waiting for the little white Ute to arrive!

Maybe we Panasonic Plasma owners should setup the "Pana Paradise Club".

Sorry I’m excited; any tips guys on things to do and not to do??

Thanks, and keep up all the good advice and tips!

Only 15 minutes to delivery now, wish me luck!

Any settings on the Viera I should now about contrast and color for the first couple of week’s maybe?

Can and when can I play the Xbox on it!

Thanks

MC. :ph34r:

I did get 1 tip from the guys from Megamart, is to turn of the TV with button on the front and dont use the remote to turn of (Stand by mode).

By pressing the button on the front, it deguss the screen and this helps prolong the life of the screen!

Is this true!

Knock knock!

YES!

Bye

Whoa

thats true for a CRT based set - but complete garbage for a plasma / LCD as there is not magnetic deflection -

can you please check and confirm which of your legs has the bells on it ?

Regards

Rayman :blink:

By pressing the button on the front,  it deguss the screen and this helps prolong the life of the screen!

that is priceless

mchuelio,

PANASONIC WHITE PAPER dated November 2004,

HERE

gives some good advice about Panasonic Plasma displays especially in regard to Burn In and Plasma Break-In.

Congrats on your purchase. Enjoy.

mchuelio,

PANASONIC WHITE PAPER dated November 2004,

HERE

gives some good advice about Panasonic Plasma displays especially in regard to Burn In and Plasma Break-In.

Congrats on your purchase.  Enjoy.

Thanks, TV setup and is looking stunning, watching AFL in HD, I like it, I like it alot!

Thanks,

Just printing out the Pana stuff now , so thanks!

Go the Cats!

Thanks, TV setup and is looking stunning, watching AFL in HD, I like it, I like it alot!

Huh, AFL in HD... I don't think so.

You're probably watching it using a HD STB and a HD panel, but the broadcast aint HD. :blink:

Huh, AFL in HD... I don't think so.

You're probably watching it using a HD STB and a HD panel, but the broadcast aint HD.  :P

Dude why dont you just tell him ther is no easter bunny either :blink:

Dude why dont you just tell him ther is no easter bunny either :P

No Easter Bunny ?? Glenncol what are you saying ?? Who delivers da eggs then hey ?? Sheesh some of you people really... they dont get in my fridge by em selves.. :blink:

No Easter Bunny ?? Glenncol what are you saying ?? Who delivers da eggs then hey ?? Sheesh some of you people really... they dont get in my fridge by em  selves..  :blink:

its ok wayne, glens jsut never see da bunny that brings the eggs. Anyways its best kept a mystery you know..more fun that way !

So, what is the panel like? I went into the Good Guys today with the intention on spending a maximum of $4000 on an SD panel, expecting to wind up with the LG model, or possibly the Pana 42"SD. First TV i saw was the HD 42" Pana, and try as i might, couldn't bring myself to settle for anything else...

So with a quick revision to the budget, I am Joining the Pana Club with the TH42PV500A being delivered on Tuesday :blink: Can't wait!

So, what is the panel like?  I went into the Good Guys today with the intention on spending a maximum of $4000 on an SD panel, expecting to wind up with the LG model, or possibly the Pana 42"SD.  First TV i saw was the HD 42" Pana, and try as i might, couldn't bring myself to settle for anything else...

So with a quick revision to the budget, I am Joining the Pana Club with the TH42PV500A being delivered on Tuesday :blink:  Can't wait!

In one world "Stunning"

Welcome to the "Pana Club", Watching this tv last watching the Afl, in Hd lite (Thanks Froggy), was nice, sorry very very nice.

DVD via S-Vide, not hdmi yet (Budget Broken) was fantastic, cant say a bad thing about it but that its looks very big in my small townhouse.

And to Foggy, just wondering if your trying out for Mythbusters, got a few questions for you:

Is Santa a member of ZZ-Top?

Is the sky Blue?

If I fart in bed will the Girlfriend notice?

Just Playing, but very happy to be part of Plasma Paradise!

Later

MC :ph34r:

Dont know what you got yours for but I paid $4300 at Megamart with the stand and a Panasonic CD clock radio, with $230 RRP. They had 10% off all Plasma and being in sales, I worked hard !

Enjoy!

And Happy Fathers Day to all the Dad.

In one world "Stunning"

Welcome to the "Pana Club", Watching this tv last watching the Afl, in Hd lite (Thanks Froggy), was nice, sorry very very nice.

DVD via S-Vide, not hdmi yet (Budget Broken) was fantastic, cant say a bad thing about it but that its looks very big in my small townhouse.

And to Foggy, just wondering if your trying out for Mythbusters, got a few questions for you:

Is Santa a member of ZZ-Top?

Is the sky Blue?

If I fart in bed will the Girlfriend notice?

Just Playing, but very happy to be part of Plasma Paradise!

Later

MC :ph34r: 

Dont know what you got yours for but I paid $4300 at Megamart with the stand and a Panasonic CD clock radio, with $230 RRP. They had 10% off all Plasma and being in sales, I worked hard !

Enjoy!

And Happy Fathers Day to all the Dad.

1. Yes

2. Not in Melbourne

3. Yes, they can smell it from a mile away.

Pana 42500A owner for one week and really happy with the purchase. I set myself a budget of $4000 for a HD plasma and for quite a while I was going to get the new all-black HD Samsung model. One day in Bing Lee I found that I could get the the price difference down to $200 and from that point I stretched the budget to $4200 and haven't looked back.

Fantastic picture. Not a hint of solarisation. I've heard of lots of solarisation on the Samsung.

more I can say about Sydney atm hehehe

Hey - no one in Sydney is complaining - we need rain real bad!

Anyway what a great excuse to stay home and watch my plasma!

3 days of trying to find a problem or something I dont like about The Pana Plasma, as I write at 1.30pm EST, no problem to date and works very nicely with the Ausid HD STB, DVD and Xbox are stunning!

Go the Pana, I also get $140 bucks worth of Wallabies gear for free from Panasonic.

Got to love it!

Mc :ph34r:

Hmmm HDMI DVD ! :blink:

Can you please give a list of all the available inputs for this Pana model?

Specifications

S-Video Input, 2

Component Video Input, 2

Applicable Component Video Signals 640x480i (NTSC) @ 60Hz

HDMI Video/Audio Input Yes

Applicable HDMI Video Signals 640x480i (NTSC) @ 60Hz

PC Input Mini D-sub 15-pin

Applicable PC Signals XGA (SXGA, UXGA compressed)

A/V Input Yes, 3 - Rear, 1 - Front

Headphone Jack Yes

I hope this help or go to:

http://panasonic.com.au/products/details.cfm?objectID=2636

Mc :ph34r:

Very happy with my 50 inch PV500. It looked absolutely massive when we set it up. I almost admitted to my wife that the 42 inch would have been big enough.

Running a Topfield 5000 through s-video and an old pioneer dvd through component. Both look fantastic to me. No solarisation, colours look very natural, fast motion looks great, blacks and shadow detail are great. I really can't fault it so far. I haven't seen a fujitsu (nobody in Canberra stocks them) but even if they are slightly better, I think the panny is a bargain.

$5900 including extended warranty to 5 years and delivery. Also included Wallabies supporters pack and $400 worth of Caltex Star Cash.

George

do we have a new champ in the 42 inch club> be nice to get the Pana and Fuji side by side.

yes differrent glass used in both panels pana using its own and the fuji using a alis hitachi.

would be interesting indeed. till someone does infact do a side by side no one is to know.

I know I saw a pana and fuji side by side in megamart and the pana killed the fuji. Was quite impressed with the PQ of the pana. Both not professionally calibrated though. Both with 'out of box' settings and who knows what both hooked upto and how ? not really a great comparison is it. Truth be known though a lot of people will be quite happy with this sort of comparison and walk home quite happy with the pana and pocket the savings for their next purchase.

I have had the Panasonic for 2 days, and could not be happier! It gives an absolutely brilliant picture, though i'm still experimenting with settings (for nothing else than to play really).

I saw the posts on this forum on bias lighting and what not which i'd never heard about before, and (since I sell lights for a living...) decided to give it a go - fantastic! I just used a little T4 10w Fluro fitting with a 6500K tube, and it gives a great effect, and makes it easier on your eyes to watch. We had 2 friends over last night, and they both want to come in and buy the same light for their plasmas.

yes AB I concur there were lots of Fuji's and some new Pana's at the recent home show, even though i couldn't see them side by side memory gave the Panny the slight edge to my untrained eye, also blacks seemed deeper plus higher WAF factor with black bezel, no offence to any Fuji's owners especially El Presidente but just not a fan of the silver surround.. For me either the Pana 42 or LCD equivalent will do fine when it gets to replacing the trusty Sony which refuses to die, despite hoping.