Sign in to follow this  
Minardifan

Soniq 106CM Plasma

Is this correct? Mine doesn't have SCART inputs. I was sure the display model in the shop did though. The manual doesn't mention any SCART option, so I figured I was dreaming.

Mine is a model PT42SH. Maybe there's a few variants.

Yep...scart model was changed to cater for the needs of the Australian market!? Scarts have gone and been replaced by additional composite connections. Don't know which genius organised the change, but whoever he or she is they didn't take into account that an awful lot of imported stb's, dvd players and dvd recorders have scart connections.

Yep...scart model was changed to cater for the needs of the Australian market!? Scarts have gone and been replaced by additional composite connections. Don't know which genius organised the change, but whoever he or she is they didn't take into account that an awful lot of imported stb's, dvd players and dvd recorders have scart connections.

Nice of JB to let me know that.

It was an inconvenience to us as our STB only has SCART outputs. Using a composite adaptor gave expectedly awful picture quality.

If it wasn't for the risk of getting a dud TV and the fun of transporting it upright in my Corolla, I would've asked JB for an exchange.

Anyhow, it looks great with a new HD STB with DVI output...

My local JB Hifi has the model with the scarts - Werribee

This one was Osborne Park, WA. I'm sure they had one with SCARTs on display too.

We had to wait about 10 days for them to get us one in. When we went to pick it up they never mentioned it'd be any different. I actually doubt they even knew.

Nice of JB to let me know that.

It was an inconvenience to us as our STB only has SCART outputs. Using a composite adaptor gave expectedly awful picture quality.

If it wasn't for the risk of getting a dud TV and the fun of transporting it upright in my Corolla, I would've asked JB for an exchange.

Ditto there. We got one with a scart connection and we were quite happy with it with the exception of a dodgy power button which would turn the tv on and off at random. Nothing like the TV coming on at 4am to get the adrenaline flowing :blink:

Anyway, JB came over and replaced it so no problems although the new replacement was minus the scart which was a shame.

The only wierd thing is that I've just turned the PS2 (old model, PAL) on for the first time and on this unit the colours are totally screwed. It's almost like I'm playing an NTSC model on a PAL display. Display is B&W mostly but where there's strong colour I get a nasty flickering. The TV says it's a PAL signal and it's an Aussie purchased PS2 so I'm a bit lost. Really giving me the shits.

About to wander over to JB and see what story I get fed.

I got mine last week, everything was good, but same as most guys, didn't get the one with the SCART, (but I did get my refund for a SCART cable I brought).

But one strange thing, since we got the TV, our house safety switch has been kept on tripping. Therefore we had all the appliance checked by electrican (cost $160) and found it was the TV.

JB has now promise to replace a new one for us once they become available again.

See if any of you have such incident. :blink:

Regards

Hi I was actually going to buy this soniq plasma from JB as soon as possible except after reading these posts im not too sure whether i should be buying the one with the SCART inputs or the one without. Do the ones without the SCART inputs have worse picture quality... Im really confused now... Any help at all is really appreciated....

Thanks in advance,

Eddy.

Does anyone know if the soniq 50 inch plasma at JB has scart inputs? I forgot to check.

Does anyone know if the soniq 50 inch plasma at JB has scart inputs? I forgot to check.

Had a look at this yesterday and am pretty sure there were no scart inputs from what I could see.

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the above unit.

Looks ok in the store and seems to use a Samsung tuner but price makes me think there has to be some downside to it.

http://www.soniqav.com/home.htm All specks are at this site

I have had this tv a month or 2 and notice that I have some sort of problem with pixels. For instance when I turn it off I can see red or green pixels usually where a dark picture was showing just before turning it off. I sometimes see these pixels when it is on too, usually green pixels on dark spots of the screen. Is this a fault? Are they "hot pixels"? How can I get rid of them? There are usually an avg of 20-30 of them I guess

Thanks

Sounds like dead pixels. If they are, you cannot get rid of them.

Excellent...is this sort of thing normally covered by warranty??

What I have noticed is that they're never in the same spot though?

"What I have noticed is that they're never in the same spot though?"

Definitely not dead pixels then.......certainly somethig wrong if you have

pixels lit up when the unit is off.

Fusion

I have had this tv a month or 2 and notice that I have some sort of problem with pixels. For instance when I turn it off I can see red or green pixels usually where a dark picture was showing just before turning it off. I sometimes see these pixels when it is on too, usually green pixels on dark spots of the screen. Is this a fault? Are they "hot pixels"? How can I get rid of them? There are usually an avg of 20-30 of them I guess

Thanks

Place a call with their support line. They come to you, and will replace a board. This is also discussed on a large thread re this plasma panel in the AV forum on OCAU, if you care to register.