Collecting early production CD's - my perspective and some photos.

Damn hard, I have only ever found two...... a lot more common in Europe, where I am assuming you got your copy from (4.7in)?

Sure did....He? has got some nice discs there.

Need a small fortune to buy some of them.

Damn hard, I have only ever found two...... a lot more common in Europe, where I am assuming you got your copy from (4.7in)?

The only other two red faces i have.

post-105657-0-67946300-1433328912_thumb.

post-105657-0-90701600-1433328922_thumb.

Yeah but they are all quality, you know exactly what you are getting.

Here are the ones I currently have:

So you did pick up the Bee Gees Greatest Hits - well done, that's a great set!

Bought this tonight, made an offer and was accepted. :party

Been after this for a while.

Well done these are extremely rare.On a side note this album is great to listen to. I can only afford this version  which I paid $6.00 in a fatbox.

post-109822-0-91978300-1433400169_thumb.

Well done these are extremely rare.On a side note this album is great to listen to. I can only afford this version  which I paid $6.00 in a fatbox.

Same mastering,i'm just a sucker for those red face's.

Cheers.

I just picked up this USA first release of Fleetwood Mac - Rumours.

It's not widely known that this release pre-dates the Japanese Target, it was made in Japan and has the Japanese Sanyo mastering the same as the 01 matrix Target. It has the fade-in at the start of Gold Dust Woman and has more "wailing" at the end.

Note the spaces at 12:00 & 6:00 that were there to make room for the "Target" lines.

post-146611-0-43777700-1433496679_thumb.

Oh....and it sounds fantastic!   :thumb:

Edited by wanta911
  • Like 1

Same mastering,i'm just a sucker for those red face's.

Cheers.

+1 on this!

When you look at them, and the quality of the cases, you can understand how Polygram were loosing money on every disc made.

I just picked up this USA first release of Fleetwood Mac - Rumours.

It's not widely known that this release pre-dates the USA Target, it was made in Japan and has the Japanese Sanyo mastering the same as the 01 matrix Target. It has the fade-in at the start of Gold Dust Woman and has more "wailing" at the end.

Note the spaces at 12:00 & 6:00 that were there to make room for the "Target" lines.

attachicon.gifFM 1.jpg

Oh....and it sounds fantastic!   :thumb:

Mark,

Great Disc!

Do you mean that it predates the Japanese press of the Target, or all versions?

• Like 1

Mark,

Great Disc!

Do you mean that it predates the Japanese press of the Target, or all versions?

Hi,

I'm speculating that it pre-dates the Japanese Target based on some opinions, but they are just opinions - nothing concrete.

It's not widely known that this release pre-dates the Japanese Target, it was made in Japan and has the Japanese Sanyo mastering the same as the 01 matrix Target. It has the fade-in at the start of Gold Dust Woman and has more "wailing" at the end.

Sanyo's CD facility in Gifu started production in 1983 and the 32XD-350 target was not released until Oct 85 according to the OBI. There is also the 1984 target and the 3010-2 disc discussed here

• Like 2

Sanyo's CD facility in Gifu started production in 1983 and the 32XD-350 target was not released until Oct 85 according to the OBI. There is also the 1984 target and the 3010-2 disc discussed here

Interesting!

I had assumed that Sanyo started in 84, as all my Sanyo discs are from 84 to 86 (from the date stamp in the matrix).

This site also seems to think that it was 84.

Interesting!

I had assumed that Sanyo started in 84, as all my Sanyo discs are from 84 to 86 (from the date stamp in the matrix).

This site also seems to think that it was 84.

I believe the plant started producing somewhere between late1982 and mid 83- depending on which info you believe- here or here.

Edited by Craigandkim