Collecting early production CD's - my perspective and some photos.

I have Chrysalis's West German pressing - Best of Blondie: It is a very good transfer. Would love to find Aqualung.

Never seen one in the bins, but I will keep an eye out for you. The Sanyo pressing is reported to be the best sounding.

Thanks Dcathro...yep Barnsie was a eBay purchase @ a cheap price - been looking everywhere for a copy for around 2 years. Just need Barnstorming & Freight Train (need to confirm if there is a Japan for Oz pressing of this album).

Never seen one in the bins, but I will keep an eye out for you. The Sanyo pressing is reported to be the best sounding.

Got this pressing myself.

Sounds very nice.Just pips the Japan Green Line Pressing.

post-105657-0-47565200-1432439965_thumb.

It's been extremely poor return for effort in southern Adelaide at the op shops over the last month. Seems the cold weather has stopped the donations. Oh well only 24 more days till the winter solstice then we are heading back towards the better weather. (I hope)

• Like 1

Nice...would like to be able to compare the 1st WG & Japan pressings - see if there are any subtle differences.

Me too.

Had a small find today, picked up this album in pretty good nick, smooth edge case.

http://www.targetcd.com/lrwhatwg.html

I've got targets for What's New and Lush Life. Annoyingly there's no target for the third Ronstadt/Riddle album For Sentimental Reasons.

I still see What's New targets around the place.

--Geoff

• Like 1

Two CDs wot I rescued from the $1 bins this morning:

84oTD4T.jpgzbo8vpK.jpg

Queen - Greatest Hits -- Elektra, West Germany, Target (this is my second copy).

David Bowie - Fame & Fashion -- RCA/Victor, Japan for USA. 

--Geoff

• Like 4

That Japanese Fame disc has outstanding SQ, I recall a friend owning that in the 80's and always rating it. I really should hunt down a copy myself. I remember the track listing really flowed well too.

Nice pick up Geoff for $1 each I am very jealous. I had to pay the big bucks today for Neil Young Harvest, Australian pressing, in 24ct gold, $11

Manufactured & Distributed by Warner Music Australia. Glass mastered by SRC. Not on Discogs yet.

post-109822-0-55796400-1432980387_thumb.

• Like 1