Sign in to follow this  
joele

Soniq 32" LCD @ JB HIFI (8ms Resp.)

Hi all,

I'm a newbe to this digital TV stuff,but was just wondering if someone can help me.

I've got a Soniq 32" LCD and a Hotchip HD STB.I was running the STB through Component cables on 1080i (so it told me) and all looked good.After checking out things on this forum I decided to go the DVI root.This all works fine,but I can only run the DVI on 720p which is OK,but for some reason I have noticed that when using this setup on HD channels,I have noticed some programs on channel 7(home and away,blue heelers.....I know I shouldn't be watching this stuff..LOL)seem to stage a bit like computer games running on a graphics card that can't cope with the game.Didn't have this problem running through component and 1080i.

Any ideas ????

Doesn't do it if I swap to SD on the same programs.

Hope someone can shed some light.

Well my 32" acer LCD couldnt display without stuttering through VGA or DVI. Acer have okayed my returning it as they have verified it as a fault in all of their sets. Perhaps thats what the soniq does also?

Well my 32" acer LCD couldnt display without stuttering through VGA or DVI. Acer have okayed my returning it as they have verified it as a fault in all of their sets. Perhaps thats what the soniq does also?

Mine is OK when I switch to a SD channel,showing the same program as on HD.I have noticed since my original post that it is not just channel 7 HD but some of the others as well,but still only in HD signals.Could it be the signal strength? as I have noticed that the audio volume is lower on HD as well.

PS sorry about the quote on the reply above...pushed wrong button....LOL

By the way, my friend got the Soniq 32" LCD from JB HI-FI at $1528 after some haggling.

Thanks for the tip Audigy. I mentioned that price to the guy at JB today. He wouldn't quite match it, but I got mine for $1600 so I was pretty happy with that.

Either it was set up very badly in relation to its adjacent screens or the one I looked at was crap!

It was between a couple of LG and a Phillips and the PQ was so much less, I'm still wondering if maybe they ran out of component inputs and shoved on a composite feed.

dcm

I was in JB on the weekend, and I am afraid to say the 32" Soniq compared not at all well. During movement, the central screen area was fine, but the periphery looked like it was dropping out of focus and almost warping. So it wasn't exactly smearing (which you wouldn't expect to see anyway with 8 ms response), but a different sort of distortion. I didn't even bother to check what source/inputs were being used. I guess there's a possibility this particular unit was on its last legs, but I wouldn't have thought so.

Thanks for the tip Audigy. I mentioned that price to the guy at JB today. He wouldn't quite match it, but I got mine for $1600 so I was pretty happy with that.

I bought mine for $1749 including a 5 year warrentee.

I am disappointed with this screen for PC use. (I suspect most/all large screen LCD TV's suffer from poor image for PC)

regards,

Spaz.

I am talking about computer signals, when you plug a computer to this LCD TV, its native resolution is 1024*768, not 1280*1024.

I have just bought one of these and I believe that the native resolution is 1280x720.

imo, it is not dithering down/up to 1024x768.

Regards,

Spaz.

ps. I can run this resolution with my ati card at 60Hz or 75Hz. I choose to run it at 60 as I read 'somewhere' that 75Hz might cause damage in the long run.

pss. I have only tried the d-sub.

I can't find a website for them, and only JB seem to have them, maybe a rebadge just for them?

Anyway I did manage to get a spec sheet and ddarby was right it is a Samsung panel not LG...

Model no.: LWD320

Type no.: 32” TFT LCD TV

Interface: LVDS ( single pixel)

Aspect ratio: 16:9

Horizontal Refresh Rate: 30KHZ~81.1KHZ

Vertical Refresh Rate: 56HZ~76HZ

Pixel Pitch: H 0.51075 X V 0.51075MM (Samsung Panel )

Max Resolution: 1280x1024

Contrast Ratio: 1000:1 ( Samsung Panel )

View Angle (CR>10) : (-89~+89)(H), (-89~+89)(V)

Color Depth Bit: 8 Bit

Response Time: 8ms

Brightness: 500cd/m2

TV System: PAL / SECAM / NTSC

Tuning system: VS Tuning

Program memory: 99 channels

Picture control: Brightness / Contrast / Color / Sharpness

Aspect ratio: 4:3, wide, cinema, subtitle, Fill screen

Sound control: Bass / Treble / Balance

Total Audio (W): 8W+8W / 8OHM

Indicator: Bi-color LED: On (Green ) / Stand-by (Red)

OSD language: English, Spanish, Chinese, Italiano, Portugues, French

Din type: Antenna (RF) in

RCA (AV in ): Composite Video / Audio in

S-Video: Y/C in

RCA (RF / AV out): Composite (RF / AV ) out

15-Pin D-sub: PC (Analog RGB)

DVI: DVI (Digital)

Auto Power off: Yes

Sleep Timer: Yes

Clock: Yes

Consumption: 32” Stand-by: 3 Watt / Operating: 180 Watt

EDIT: Ohh and the standard warranty is 1 year, JB also sell extended warranties...

This is the website http://www.soniqav.com/home.html I can't find anything about the LWD320 on here though. Maybe it's discontinued, which doesn't really bode well...