Sign in to follow this  
et-perth

Best 32" LCD TV

Thanks com5984 ... I followed your lead and today purchased a PAVO 32" [sHARP AQUOS 32" A- Grade LCD Panel] from ebay for $1,394.00

I will provide feedback on PQ and general functionality after I receive the goods.

this sounds like what i'm after i just want something cheap cos i've never had an lcd and dont have high expectations. what was the ebay item number.

get back to us with a review!

Not a reply so much as more questions about the Acer 32 in. LCD

The Acer 32 in LCD AT 3201 W appeals to me at the price

can the owners advise on the following.

1. How good is it as a PC monitor for games use and general PC use?

2. What type of STB needed? SD or Hi D and and what brands?

3. In 4:3 mode are the the blank side strips black or grey and how dark?

Any other tips

Hi, I have the Acer 3201W, and it is excellent value for the price I paid. I paid $1800 for mine, and it has an excellent picture. From the research that I have done, it also uses the Sharp Aquos LCD panel, same as the Pavo unit.

It is ok for PC use, and I'd recommend a HD STB if you need an STB. As for 4:3 mode, the strips are a very dark grey, but you can adjust the brightness and contrast.

Thanks Silver Surfer for your reply.

I am now also a happy owner of the great Acer AT3201W and rapt.

Interested to hear that it may have the Sharp Aquos LCD panel. No wonder it is good.

Where did you read this? I would be interested to read anything about the build of the Acer in addition to the Acer specs.

I'm very happy with it for sure driven by the LG 5100P Hi Def STB

I paid similar price at Dick Smith.

Edited by --rex--

I would usually recommend going for Sony Bravia LCD TV rather than going for any other brand, as it provides the best quality I've seen so far in my opinion.

I can still recomend the Sony Bravia LCD TV as the best LCD TV I have seen not 100hz but for picture quality and the abilty to adjust so much if you want plus 3 HDMI inputs 1.3 it will take some beating. Been highly recommended in Home Cinema mags as well. I have had mine a month and I am still impressed every time I switch on the Digital TV or use Blue Ray discs. Here's selection to get you started http://www.checkcost.co.uk/lcd-tvs/c/4329/

what the..... the thread is over 2.5 years old. I hope u didnt join to advert the link. I aint gonna click it...im scared.. =\

Hi

I am new here, just wondering whether anyone knows what is the best LCD TV 32in I can get, preferably with DVI-In.

I don't want to spend a fortune on bang & olsen, I also dont want to buy the cheap models... so other more midrange affordable brand..

Can anyone please give me some suggestion?

Thanks

I also want to buy new LCD TV for my new house. I have surf various sites on the web & I find one site for TV reviews where all TV reviews are there. Still I want to compare the prices with other sources.

Do you know any good sources for on line TV buying?

I've been looking for one for the office for the last two weeks.

Looks like we've settled on the Panasonic.