Best 32" LCD TV

Hi

I am new here, just wondering whether anyone knows what is the best LCD TV 32in I can get, preferably with DVI-In.

I don't want to spend a fortune on bang & olsen, I also dont want to buy the cheap models... so other more midrange affordable brand..

Can anyone please give me some suggestion?

Thanks

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I am new here, just wondering whether anyone knows what is the best LCD TV 32in I can get, preferably with DVI-In. 

I don't want to spend a fortune on bang & olsen, I also dont want to buy the cheap models... so other more midrange affordable brand..

Can anyone please give me some suggestion?

Thanks

Hiya et=perth :D .. I'm a newbie here as well...

I spent the last month looking for a 32" LCD.. and finally settled on a Philips 32PF9966/79..

I've only had it a week.. and love it.. particularly the PQ.

This model recenty won the 2005 Sound & Image award for best LCD TV of the year.. although that title helped with my decision... for me it was clearly the best on the market..

Watch the price though.. it's RRP is still around $4990 in some places. :P .. I did notice today its now listed at $3990.. BUT.. last week when I bought this beauty.. HN ,JB's and both came to $3300.

BTW.. Philips told me that they have new models coming out in a month or so.. but are downgraded somewhat to be competative with the cheaper low end brands.. they said it would retail for $3499... But no goodies included like pixel plus 2..and the ambilight.. etc..

Sorry to rave on here.. but apart from a little motion 'judder'.. which I look for. :blink: ..is far outweighed by the stunning PQ....

I am now some what biased.. :D , as getting it home and hooked up to a Topfield PVR 5000 with all new *Jacar cables (cheaper and v/good).. it's much better than anything I saw set up in the stores... and it has HDMI input... although, I have nothing to connect it with at the moment :P

Hope this helped a little..

GP

What is your budget?

While you don't want to buy a cheapie, you might want to check out the new Acer. I previously returned one of the AWA 'cheapies' but have since bought the Acer (for $150 cheaper) and i think it has noticeably better build quality than the AWA.

You should be able to get a look at it at various Retravision stores (currently have a catalogue special of $1999) or I found mine at Betta-Electrical.

While I never really bothered doing a side-by-side with the $3k-$4k price units, mainly because i wasn't prepared to pay that much, I'm completely happy with the Acer.

Bruce

Couldn't agree more with GP11, the Philips is the best I have seen and sold on the market. Stunning picture compared to most of its competitors. But yesterday we recieved in the new Panasonic Viera 32" lcd and whilst I haven't had a chance to see them side by side I would say that it certainly rivals the Philips for picture quality. RRP is $3899.00......

Your topic title does say you are looking for the best so even though I am sure people will tell you about a lot of models a lot cheaper they are generally not as good as the 2 mentioned above.....

Guest wsmith61
But yesterday we recieved in the new Panasonic Viera 32" lcd and whilst I haven't had a chance to see them side by side I would say that it certainly rivals the Philips for picture quality.  RRP is $3899.00.....

What sort of PQ is possible when displaying SD TV on the Pioneer or Panasonic LCD's

• 2 weeks later...

I recently purchased a BenQ 32" for 2.5K from harvey norman. ticket price was 3K, but after a few other purchases I managed to get a pretty good deal.

I am not like a lot of the guys on this site who are professionals and/or are very expereinced in the av field - i am just someone who likes watching tv - on a good screen.

I find the BenQ to be awesome - no complaints with it.

I hooked it up with a Thomson HDSTB - which i think has problems with the brightness - but it does not bother me enough to go out an exchange it.

Overall, great TV and I would recommend it - and i thought the price was very reasonable.

I have had my 32 Inch Acer for over 1 week, paid $1935 for cash at Retravision. I am very happy with it, running a SD Teac Set Top box; Foxtel Satellite Digital; and Sony DVD all through the Acer's 3 Component Inputs. PQ is as good as the source, - stunning on DVD and some Foxtel Movies (eg: "Chronnicles of Riddock" as good as it gets!!). Low Q programs still watchable. ACER replaces Teac 80cm (My other theatre has a Metz Atlantis). Would find it very hard to justify an extra $1000 plus for the big "names".

Guest glittalogik

Philips will be bringing out the 32PF9830 in November, which runs circles around the 32PF9966 for response time and features. If you like the 9966, it'll be well worth the wait :blink:

• 1 month later...

The Acer AT3201W is GREAT!!!

I have had mine for about a month now and now problems at all. I have seen some reviews that say it has a loud fan - i put my ear to the back and couldnt hear it. The ACER branding at the bottom is a bit strange when you first see it but you look past it and loose it in the great picture you see.

I picked mine up from a Retravision in Melbourne for $1800.00 which was great value for such a great screen.

I constantly PIP World of Warcraft on my Mac mini with Foxtel or a DVD.

WELL RECOMMENDED!

ACER has a great product with the AT3201W.

Just to let everyone know. I rang up megamart at the cross roads in Sydney and asked for a price on the panasonic (TX-32LX500A) straight away he said the retail is $3899.00 but I will do it for $2700. I'm sure you could get another hundred or so dollars off in person as that was over the phone.

The Guys name was Ramsy.

• 1 month later...

Not a reply so much as more questions about the Acer 32 in. LCD

The Acer 32 in LCD AT 3201 W appeals to me at the price

can the owners advise on the following.

1. How good is it as a PC monitor for games use and general PC use?

2. What type of STB needed? SD or Hi D and and what brands?

3. In 4:3 mode are the the blank side strips black or grey and how dark?

Any other tips

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

the best 32inch LCD on the market currently is the SONY BRAVIA V Series KLVV32A10.

Made in japan.

1366 x 768 res

8ms response

WEGA Engine processor

New Wide Colour Gamut CCFL

HDMI/DVI

2x Component inputs

RRP $3999

Happy Shopping

I constantly PIP World of Warcraft on my Mac mini with Foxtel or a DVD.

Just what I was planning to do.

How have you hooked up both the mini and foxtel. I assume one is DVI and the other is s-video?

Are there any LCD's on the market with multiple DVI inputs?

Hiya et=perth :D .. I'm a newbie here as well...

I spent the last month looking for a 32" LCD.. and finally settled on a Philips 32PF9966/79..

I've only had it a week.. and love it.. particularly the PQ.

This model recenty won the 2005 Sound & Image award for best LCD TV of the year.. although that title helped with my decision... for me it was clearly the best on the market..

Watch the price though.. it's RRP is still around $4990 in some places. :P .. I did notice today its now listed at $3990.. BUT.. last week when I bought this beauty.. HN ,JB's and both came to $3300.

BTW.. Philips told me that they have new models coming out in a month or so.. but are downgraded somewhat to be competative with the cheaper low end brands.. they said it would retail for $3499... But no goodies included like pixel plus 2..and the ambilight.. etc..

Sorry to rave on here.. but apart from a little motion 'judder'.. which I look for. :blink: ..is far outweighed by the stunning PQ....

I am now some what biased.. :P , as getting it home and hooked up to a Topfield PVR 5000 with all new *Jacar cables (cheaper and v/good).. it's much better than anything I saw set up in the stores... and it has HDMI input... although, I have nothing to connect it with at the moment :P

Hope this helped a little..

GP

my inlaws just picked this one up for $3500 on the nsw central coast

the best 32inch LCD on the market currently is the SONY BRAVIA V Series KLVV32A10.

Made in japan.

1366 x 768 res

8ms response

WEGA Engine processor

New Wide Colour Gamut CCFL

HDMI/DVI

2x Component inputs

RRP $3999

Happy Shopping

I recently got the Samsung LA32R51B for only $2400 (including 5 year warranty). It's a great set. Appears to have all the features of the Sony but much cheaper.

1366 x 768

8ms

500cd/m2

HDMI

• 2 weeks later...