Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

Hallo Eagle15,

Believe $2399 is for 42PV80 ? How about 50", how much ? did you notice it?  ;)

sorry mate, didnt notice as was eyeing on the 42". OC says 50" watch liao she giddy :(

so for me now, it's between this and the pioneer. she favours pioneer due to aesthetics but i favour panny for price:value keke

sorry mate, didnt notice as was eyeing on the 42". OC says 50" watch liao she giddy :(

so for me now, it's between this and the pioneer. she favours pioneer due to aesthetics but i favour panny for price:value keke

Should go for the 428. Look out for clearence sale.

Hi i just picked up a 42px70a for $1298 at HN, i was wondering if anyone know the dimension of the box it comes in, cause i was wondering if it will fit into the back seat of my Falcon BF2 or will i need a ute to pick it up, i for got to get the dimensions in the shop... thank you

Hi i just picked up a 42px70a for $1298 at HN, i was wondering if anyone know the dimension of the box it comes in, cause i was wondering if it will fit into the back seat of my Falcon BF2 or will i need a ute to pick it up, i for got to get the dimensions in the shop... thank you

Ring the store you bought it from...they should be able to give you an answer over the phone.

I tried to get a 42px70a in a subaru station wagon. It was too high for the tray and the back seat. However the top half of the box can be removed and this takes about 100mm off the height. The set would then fit upright on the back seat, but without packaging at the top. The remaining packaging in the bottom part of the box gave the set stability. We put rugs around the set and then put the seat belts around it. We also held onto the set. We didnt have far to go but we took it easy and no problems.

just saw the new PV80 at BD Vivo going for 2399 with 300 voucher. Comes with 3 hdmi and SDHC slot and finally 24p support. Contrast is at 1mil:1 with so called 400hz support. Set is made locally. Based on a quick comparison with the full hd py700, the contrast has improved a lot and the image looks much sharper even though it is high def ready only. Could be also due to the non-antiglare panel used. Anyway it's worth taking a look.

Do not like the silver trimmings on the 800. The all black 700 looks damn nice on top of a dark background when wall mounting. In dark environment the sides of the panel blended into the background leaving only the screen visible.  :)

i've been considering getting the TH46/50PX80 for a while now, but my friend just told me he could got 508XDA for under $3000

what i wanted to ask is, which is better, and despite it being in the panasonic thread, is that a good price for the pioneer?

thanks in advance

Edited by tabsina

Do we know for sure when the new series of Panasonics are coming out?

My 3 year old NEC just died and I like the sound of the upcoming Panas but if they're still a few months away might have to look at something else.

Cheers,

cliffo

Merdeka offered the PV80 for 2.2k with the same $300 voucher for those who are keen on this unit.  Cash payment though.

Wow! That's almost as much as I paid for the PV70 six months ago! Prices for the PV80 are very low from the start. Hopes this helps to push plasma sales. Wouldn't wanna see this technology go in favor of LCD.

My 3 year old NEC just died and I like the sound of the upcoming Panas but if they're still a few months away might have to look at something else.

Cheers,

cliffo

The first models are out between 1 may and 15 may, the 42px80 and 50px80. The rest will be out in June.

The first models are out between 1 may and 15 may, the 42px80 and 50px80. The rest will be out in June.

Thanks for that info.

That's given me something to think about - do I put up with the 68cm CRT for 6 weeks or so then get the new model or take advantage of the prices on the outgoing model...decision decisions.

cliffo

Wow! That's almost as much as I paid for the PV70 six months ago! Prices for the PV80 are very low from the start. Hopes this helps to push plasma sales. Wouldn't wanna see this technology go in favor of LCD.

This generation of plasma can't price themselves out of the competition. Product like LCD, especially 40-42inch range are going for a very low price these days. So for those who can wait a little longer, Panny is very likely to give more vouchers to lure the pack.

I'll stick to my 40"LCD for now till Panny with Kuro technology comes to town! Or even a cheaper 50" Pioneer!  ;D

It may be a Pioneer-Panny win-win situation with the merger or Pioneer ends with licensing the Technology and exit the competition altogether!

Japan's Matsushita, Pioneer to merge plasma panel development - report

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/newstex/AFX-0013-24665418.htm

I'd rather have new Panasonic than getting the older one even if it might be cheaper. I think it would be like at most 300 bucks difference? But you'll be with the TV for many years, so if you factor it, I don't think it's worth it.

Unless it's like Kuro where the next gen would probably cost easily 2,000 dollars more than what the current one is selling now.

Cheers,

cliffo

Hi

I was speaking to a salesman i know at JB Bundall and he stated the same info as SA000584, first models due early May then progressive roll out over the following Month, all new models should be available by the end of June,at the latest.He also stated that several of the latest models have already been deleted from sale,however i don't know if he meant JB or Panasonic had deleted them.

Hi

I was speaking to a salesman i know at JB Bundall and he stated the same info as SA000584, first models due early May then progressive roll out over the following Month, all new models should be available by the end of June,at the latest.He also stated that several of the latest models have already been deleted from sale,however i don't know if he meant JB or Panasonic had deleted them.

I would personally wait for the newer gen panels.

WRT the older models and stock levels, depends on the retailers on who's got stock left. I don't think Panasonic would have any left themselves, cleared out a while ago to make way for new models.

Hopes this helps to push plasma sales. Wouldn't wanna see this technology go in favor of LCD.

tough competition. The problem is not @ the manufacturer but the retailers. LCD profit is higher. I was @ Vivo yesterday. Best was trying very hard to push their $2199 40" full HD Samsung LCD, i think in the end only sold 1 set. not sure which model liao, but i remember it was going for $2K last time right? Anyway, no Plasma was on display during the whole Samsung roadshow....

I would personally wait for the newer gen panels.

WRT the older models and stock levels, depends on the retailers on who's got stock left. I don't think Panasonic would have any left themselves, cleared out a while ago to make way for new models.

I think I'm leaning towards waiting for the new models to come out as the specs seem to be that bit better than the current line up.

A few extra weeks won't kill me and it will give me time to save up the difference in price on the current model anyway.

Decision made!

cliffo