Sign in to follow this  
dtp

New PANASONIC plasmas, how much you pay?

Got a 50X10A for $1860 at Harvey Norman Enfield (SA) relocation sale +$140 for 4 extra years warranty. :unsure:

THP50X10A advertised in David Jones June catalogue for $1849

I just set this up for my dad last night and for a basic model it's a very nice tv.

DVD from a 576i source is well handled and HD TV looks very very nice.

I don't mind paying the extra $11 I suppose , considering the fact they threw in a $400 beer caddy for free. ;)

I don't mind paying the extra $11 I suppose , considering the fact they threw in a $400 beer caddy for free. ;)

I would have preferred the $400 off the price ;)

I would have preferred the $400 off the price ;)

yeah , that would have been much better ! :blush:

Well... it wasn't a direct response to your deal. It was for anyone else looking.

1) You didn't mention that extra bonus.

2) That's an advertised price with no haggling required - some aren't good at or don't like haggling.

I'm after a good 40" tv under &1500 for watching sport - Panasonic Plasma seems way to go any suggestions?

Thanks

If you're willing to go a little bit further, I got the 42" G10A from Goodguys in late november/early December and paid $1590 for it.

If you're willing to go a little bit further, I got the 42" G10A from Goodguys in late november/early December and paid $1590 for it.

Thanks for that. 1590 looks good. Are you happy with sport? I have watched AFL and cricket through some lcd's and not happy - a friend said go plasmavision, but sometimes the area around the players looked clouded (though not as bad as some lcd's I've viewed over past 12 months). Thanks for the advice.

Thanks for that. 1590 looks good. Are you happy with sport? I have watched AFL and cricket through some lcd's and not happy - a friend said go plasmavision, but sometimes the area around the players looked clouded (though not as bad as some lcd's I've viewed over past 12 months). Thanks for the advice.

I haven't really viewed sport yet as I'm only into NRL.

I just had a look at the tennis on prime HD and it doesn't look too bad at all on this plasma.

EDIT: You might be able to push them further low as Panasonic has a new line of plasmas coming out this year that are 3D capable.

Edited by digitalj

Thanks for that. 1590 looks good.

Myer have the THP42G10A advertised today for $1499 and the S10A for $1299. Both with Wii console and games.

Myer have the THP42G10A advertised today for $1499 and the S10A for $1299. Both with Wii console and games.

That sounds like a great deal for the s10A. Is it advertised online/catalogue anywhere? Wouldn't mind trying my luck getting a lower price at GG.

That sounds like a great deal for the s10A. Is it advertised online/catalogue anywhere? Wouldn't mind trying my luck getting a lower price at GG.

There was an earlier post somewhere that mentioned someone getting it for $1249 from Retravision indooroopilly (qld) - try calling them.

Just picked up my shiny new Panasonic 50" Plasma THP50G10A for $1785. Hope thats a good price, couldn't find anywhere else selling the G10 for comparison, they were all onto the G15. List price was $2199, was pretty happy getting it at that price under finance. Picked her up from Clive Anthonys.

Thanks for the info. I will call Myer tomorrow - have not heard of these prices or seen a catalogue. This may not be the case in SA - saw THP42G10A at JB today for $1800 mark so left. The S10 1299 looks great. Cheers

Hi, can anyone recommend any settings for my 42s10a? I've got it on dynamic atm which looks better than the other settings, but maybe a little too rich in colour.

Cheers

There's a few best settings threads around. Better to have a look in those than ask in a pricing thread. FWIW, Dynamic is probably the worst mode you can run-in a plasma on. Dynamic is basically a shop mode which has the richest colours (oversaturated), and brightest, contrastiest settings which will reduce the lifespan of your screen but allow plasmas to compete on the brightly lit shop floor against LCDs

Most people will have it on Normal or Cinema and tweak the other settings.

Just purchased a 50V10A for $2173 !

Plus 4 yr ext warranty $399 and $76 delivery.

Totalling $2648.

Bought at Top Ryde JB-Hifi, very happy with the price.

There's a few best settings threads around. Better to have a look in those than ask in a pricing thread. FWIW, Dynamic is probably the worst mode you can run-in a plasma on. Dynamic is basically a shop mode which has the richest colours (oversaturated), and brightest, contrastiest settings which will reduce the lifespan of your screen but allow plasmas to compete on the brightly lit shop floor against LCDs

Most people will have it on Normal or Cinema and tweak the other settings.

on the plasma I have mentioned in my signature, changing between normal, cinema and dynamic only affects the contrast ratio. The brightness, colours, sharpness are exactly the same in all modes.

Edited by digitalj