Sign in to follow this  
dtp

New PANASONIC plasmas, how much you pay?

TH42PZ80A vs TH50PX80A - For the same price, which model should I choose? I do not use Blue ray player because I hardly use my DVD palyer! Thanks guys for advise.

hi..not quite sure what you meant by your post - but from the mention of you not using the blu ray player...well guess what?..i don't intend to either, however, why wouldn't i take it and re-sell it for $300 odd bucks and put this cash towards a popcorn or WD media player..

cheers

hi..not quite sure what you meant by your post - but from the mention of you not using the blu ray player...well guess what?..i don't intend to either, however, why wouldn't i take it and re-sell it for $300 odd bucks and put this cash towards a popcorn or WD media player..

cheers

Hi!

Thanks for ur comment. I mean with a budget of $2000, I can buy a TH42PZ80A with the free Blue ray promotion or a TH50PX80A. I sit at about 2.8-3.0m away & watch mostly sports & hardly any moviees.

Thanks for your views & suggestions!

Buy the 50" and a HD PVR to record your sports shows

Here's a copy of a receipt for the pana 42px8a for $900. Might help with the haggling.

Just in case anyone is interested.

Just in case anyone is interested.

Good price, great little TV,there definitly clearing out stock,new models must be close.

Good price, great little TV,there definitly clearing out stock,new models must be close.

This is true, we bought one this weekend and the best we could do was Myers for $1275. Everywhere else was either out of stock or wouldn't budge on price, I was told they were clearing out stock and it is a terrible time to buy. Dunno if this is true or not but it certainly seems it . We just took the first one we could get our hands on. So far a great tv... what a massive upgrade from the 1990's crt.

Cheers,

Newman.

I think you should write detail about the concern product like model number ,inch and etc.so it will help us a greate.

Hi All,

A little off topic but can create a new one so there ya go...

I have a th42px600a, about 2.2 years old. I have warranty for another 9 months or so....

Basically, sometimes when I wswitch form an external soruce back to the internal tuner, I will get sound but no picture. I have to turn the tv off at the switch to get the picture to come back. I know its a long shot, but has anyone had this problem before? Will it get worse?

Thanks,

Hi guys,

I've been reading the forum since my old TV blew up the other day, and I can finally justify spending the cash on a plasma. Based on reading here (and viewings in store) I've decided on the TH-42PX8A, and have been shopping around for the best price, but I have a little problem, that most people here don’t seem to have.

I don't know how to haggle.

I've been quoted $1600 (including 4 year warranty) by Harvey Norman & Myer, but I read in here of prices $200 - $300 lower than that (and that one crazy price of $900 for the TV). Will I be able to get them down any lower by buying the other gear that I need (component cables, surge protector etc.)?

Is it as simple as mentioning 'a mate got it for XXX at YYY' or 'I’ve been quoted ZZZ at AAA'?

I'd appreciate any help that people are willing to offer.

Cheers.

Hi guys,

I've been reading the forum since my old TV blew up the other day, and I can finally justify spending the cash on a plasma. Based on reading here (and viewings in store) I've decided on the TH-42PX8A, and have been shopping around for the best price, but I have a little problem, that most people here don’t seem to have.

I've been quoted $1600 (including 4 year warranty) by Harvey Norman & Myer, but I read in here of prices $200 - $300 lower than that (and that one crazy price of $900 for the TV). Will I be able to get them down any lower by buying the other gear that I need (component cables, surge protector etc.)?

Is it as simple as mentioning 'a mate got it for XXX at YYY' or 'I’ve been quoted ZZZ at AAA'?

Cheers.

Let your fingers do the walking mate.

Get the best price on here and ring. Easier over the phone. Say, I can get this for 'X', match it and I'll give you a deposit on my credit card right away. No need to listen to BS from salesman, be straight up, and call around. Note: HN's are independent franchises, and one can do a better deal than another. Don't get ripped off on HDMI cables and what not - look at Selby (who are a sponsor on the forum and have a look at the top of the screen).

Good luck mate.......

Hi All,

A little off topic but can create a new one so there ya go...

I have a th42px600a, about 2.2 years old. I have warranty for another 9 months or so....

Basically, sometimes when I wswitch form an external soruce back to the internal tuner, I will get sound but no picture. I have to turn the tv off at the switch to get the picture to come back. I know its a long shot, but has anyone had this problem before? Will it get worse?

Thanks,

Start a thread buddy - anybody who is not looking at a new TV probably won't read your post.

Hi guys,

Cheers.

JB tend to do better deals than HN stores,and HN stores in less affluent areas tend to be easier to deal with than in more affluant areas.

where do you live,Sydney or Melbourne?

Do the forums research and take a printout of the best prices.

Cheers.

Has anyone a rough price for 32in TX models (non 1080p). RRP is $1100 but I'm hoping for $900 plus extra warranty - am I dreaming or do they bargain for these TX LCD models. The Sony equivalent is fine too

i bought the 42PX8A from Bing Lee for $1066 originally, but it wasnt in stock

a day later while scoping out DSE i saw the same thing for $988.

i rang being lee and told them to cancel my order. they just matched dse.

im happy :)

this was only about a month or 2 ago.

i dont know what these are worth now.

Guys, just wondering how much I should be paying for a 50PX80A?

I'm looking for a 50" plasma around 1400-1600 if possible (a bit more is fine), I've got a 42PX8A and am happy with it, just want to buy a larger TV.

HN is trying to sell a 50PX80A for $2k?!?!

I'm buying a washing machine there as well perhaps so just wondering what I should be bargaining for (or whether there are any other 50" plasmas around that price range - full HD is not a big deal to me).

Any opinion appreciated - thanks!

Edited by hoiboy

The new "X" series are starting to be advertised, so I would expect that retailers will be looking to get rid of EOL models, so you should be able to get a good deal. Otherwise, you can wait for the new models, but I'm guessing dirty clothes means you have to buy now?

I have a family friend who is set on getting a Panasonic plasma in the next two weeks or so, and is not fussed between new models or the runout old models as long as it's a good price. It will be a second display so Full HD is not required, but must be 50"

Anybody seen any good deals on a Panasonic 50" plasma around in Sydney metro?

I have a family friend who is set on getting a Panasonic plasma in the next two weeks or so, and is not fussed between new models or the runout old models as long as it's a good price. It will be a second display so Full HD is not required, but must be 50"

Anybody seen any good deals on a Panasonic 50" plasma around in Sydney metro?

Mick,a guy got the 46" for $2000 this Week,he posted on Whirlpool according to my Brother.

Edit..2008 Model from Myer.

WP-Thread

Edited by Basil

Should be able to get a 50” PZ800 1080 for $2k. The New 50” X10A can be had for under $2k. I think someone got one for about $1850, which if true is quite good.

You can buy a Samsung 50A550 1080 for $2k from DSE without haggling.

I'm looking for another good deal on a panasonic 50" plasma too, I already have a Panasonic 50" PX80A which I got with the help of folks here for a great price. Anyone know of any deals going on these or simular TV's ?