Sign in to follow this  
dtp

New PANASONIC plasmas, how much you pay?

Guest EZYHD
thought this might be of interest to anyone thinking of buying a pana plasma.

http://bonusbluray.com.au/

This is a known fact by most. but probably not all.

Yes,great price but i think its due to the 2009 range landing April /May,poster on Whirlpool claime he/she was told this by Panny Oz customer support.

If the post is correct Panny are cutting it pretty fine as some customers are still waiting for delivery from pre Xmas sales.

Does anyone have any insider info on new range pricing? Previous new ranges cut prices from the models they replaced (often because of lower cost of manufacture), but this year I imagine Pana will take the opportunity of new models to claw back some of the profit they are loosing due to the weak Aussie$. Of course weak sales may crush that idea too.

I'd say it's still too early for even Panasonic Australia to know what prices they are gonna settle on. They most likely already know what range they will price each model in, but are probably still nutting out the final prices...we are still about two months away from seeing any new models IMO.

I'd say it's still too early for even Panasonic Australia to know what prices they are gonna settle on. They most likely already know what range they will price each model in, but are probably still nutting out the final prices...we are still about two months away from seeing any new models IMO.

And is it worth waiting to see a big jump in quality or are we better off to buy clearance models now..

If you can sit on your hands and wait, I would. Better brightness (not necessarily better blacks than current range), better power consumption, and probably a few extra little features will make the newer models more attractive.

But if you can get a great price on a current model (and is in stock), it's hard to walk away. :ninja:

And is it worth waiting to see a big jump in quality or are we better off to buy clearance models now..

Thats the big question, wait or jump in now. The big advantage with the Neo's is they use less power but only the premium models will have the Neo Glass, the rest will have 2008 Glass with updated specs. The other big question is RRP,the only people that have some idea of the pricing are in Osaka and they will be waiting to see what the Oz market/demand is like in May/June when they are released.

The safest thing to do if you have the time is wait for the new models to be released then weigh up your options then as there are usually superceded panels still available and you will probaly get a better deal for the older panels as well once the new ones are available.

Just paid $2105 + $45 delivery for a TH-50PZ80A from Myer city store in Brissy. Lots of stock apparently, it's being delivered Friday.

Any chance of a copy of the receipt? Great price, I'm trying my local Myer today!

Any chance of a copy of the receipt? Great price, I'm trying my local Myer today!

Can somebody give me the link to upload the receipt to?

Can somebody give me the link to upload the receipt to?

Try here

OK I uploaded it to: DTV Forum Australia > Miscellaneous > Attachments > Pana 50 Receipt

Hope it gets to you in time

Thanks Milkwood,

Hopefully won't need it, I've bought a 50" Kuro and a 52" Samsung LCD off the one guy in the past 18 months and he's done the best price I could find both times but it's handy to have incase I need to go elsewhere.

Just paid $2105 + $45 delivery for a TH-50PZ80A from Myer city store in Brissy. Lots of stock apparently, it's being delivered Friday.

Picked one of these up at the jb boxing day sales for 1495.

Looking for another and the cheapest I have seen is the current good guys catalogue I seen on Friday that had them listed for under 2K

Picked one of these up at the jb boxing day sales for 1495.

Looking for another and the cheapest I have seen is the current good guys catalogue I seen on Friday that had them listed for under 2K

Sure you dont mean a PX not PZ

Has anyone in Perth been able to pick up the TH-42PX8A for $1000ish (Post Xmas sale price) recently?

Best quote I could get from a quick ring around was $1200ish.

Anyone?

That seems to be the going rate for a 42PX8A ATM

cheapest price in Japan of the new series referring to KAKAKU.com

VIERA TH-P50G1 (50) ¥276,799

VIERA TH-P50V1 (50) ¥290,748

VIERA TH-P50Z1 (50) ¥510,181

and current rates is about 1:62

Wow - unless I can't divide correctly, is that A$8,000+ equivalent for the 50" Z1?

I know it's thin, but wow.

I hope the V1 50" is cheaper than that A$4,500+ equivalent when it's released here.

I guess there is a danger than Panasonic could jack up the prices of their higher-end offerings now that Pioneer are out of the game?

Edited by MatF

I guess there is a danger than Panasonic could jack up the prices of their higher-end offerings now that Pioneer are out of the game?

I am sure they will! That kind of rampant opportunism is exactly why the world is in this crappy economic situation.

Don’t worry

If the price of the new series is bloody higher than u expect, forget it and turn to some other outstanding brands, or LCD.

There’ll be a lot of choice on that money.

Don’t worry

If the price of the new series is bloody higher than u expect, forget it and turn to some other outstanding brands, or LCD.

I'd rather wait a few months for RRP to reduce than buy an LCD :lol:

I'd rather wait a few months for RRP to reduce than buy an LCD :lol:

SO DO I

BUT WHO KNOWS HOW LONG IT WOULD TAKE...

I HAVE NOTHING BUT TIME... <_<

I am on the North Coast(NSW) at the moment and HN Lismore have been running ads on the local FM station all W/end for the "106cm Panny Full HD Plasma plus free BD Player for $1799" so the new models may be closer to release than we think.

hey guys..

i just purchased a TH50PZ80A with the blu ray voucher for $2420 at Dick Smith in Nunawading. Originally I had an order (from a few weeks back) for a TH50PZ800A thru JB but when I went to ask for it to be delivered, they basically said 'sorry' but Panasonic are out of stock.

So i checked out a few other stores and Dick Smith had that one in stock but it was priced at $115 above my JB price (which was $2485 for the TH50PZ800A). The salesperson convinced me that it was cheaper and better for me to take the 80A as I'd get the blu ray player and only miss out on a HDMI port.

hey guys..

i just purchased a TH50PZ80A with the blu ray voucher for $2420 at Dick Smith in Nunawading. Originally I had an order (from a few weeks back) for a TH50PZ800A thru JB but when I went to ask for it to be delivered, they basically said 'sorry' but Panasonic are out of stock.

So i checked out a few other stores and Dick Smith had that one in stock but it was priced at $115 above my JB price (which was $2485 for the TH50PZ800A). The salesperson convinced me that it was cheaper and better for me to take the 80A as I'd get the blu ray player and only miss out on a HDMI port.

TH42PZ80A vs TH50PX80A - For the same price, which model should I choose? I do not use Blue ray player because I hardly use my DVD palyer! Thanks guys for advise.