Sign in to follow this  
dtp

New PANASONIC plasmas, how much you pay?

Ah the cheapest I've heard was $5699 from Harvey Norman today. It was the ticketed price. I was ready to pull the trigger but decided to go check out Rick Hart. They said that they'd match it. I tried to get them to chuck in the extended warranty but they wouldn't budge. We ended up saving $600 on the fridges we purchased but I felt I might be able to get it cheaper elsewhere.

As far as I can remember it costs them bugger all for the warranty and that they make good gross profit on them.

I'm going to hit JB's up tomorrow but I'll try to chase up on the leads you've been so kind to pass on.

Cheers!

David.

Ok cool. I was quoted $209 for a 2yr ext warranty. Might look at it for if they give it to me for $150-160 otherwise I won't worry. Wan't to get a decent powerboard to as there are a few dollars worth hooked up to it.

Just FYI, no one I spoke to had stock until mid Feb. Wanted to pay for it now so they can't reneg on the deal (hopefully)

Ok cool. I was quoted $209 for a 2yr ext warranty. Might look at it for if they give it to me for $150-160 otherwise I won't worry. Wan't to get a decent powerboard to as there are a few dollars worth hooked up to it.

Just FYI, no one I spoke to had stock until mid Feb. Wanted to pay for it now so they can't reneg on the deal (hopefully)

Ended up biting the bullet today and put some money down. $5400 in the end from Phil at Rick Hart, Northbridge. Nice bloke would go there again. It's much easier to get a deal at places like that which aren't separate franchises within the one place like HN.

We ended up saving a further $160 on a vacuum cleaner.

Cheers!

David.

Ended up biting the bullet today and put some money down. $5400 in the end from Phil at Rick Hart, Northbridge. Nice bloke would go there again. It's much easier to get a deal at places like that which aren't separate franchises within the one place like HN.

We ended up saving a further $160 on a vacuum cleaner.

Cheers!

David.

Good stuff David, was he happy to do it at that price or you have to nudge him a little?

Sorted mine today also and pay the hard earned on Wednesday. He said it should be in stock mid to late Feb. Did you get the same story?

Thanks for replying was thinking how you went when I jumped on the net

Adam

Might look at it for if they give it to me for $150-160 otherwise I won't worry. Wan't to get a decent powerboard to as there are a few dollars worth hooked up to it.

Don't get ripped on these "value add" extras. Power borads are good and handy, but just make sure they don't charge you $300 for one.

Don't get ripped on these "value add" extras. Power borads are good and handy, but just make sure they don't charge you $300 for one.

Yeah I know. Looking at a Monster HTS 1000 powerboard. $429 rrp and he said $350 without out even asking for a discount. I'm guessing there is lots of headroom there still

...and I am sure as the new NeoPDPs start appearing these will 'rise' even further ;)

Why? TVs come down in price about 30% a year. Neo PDPs will be cheaper in the USA according to rumours on AVS. Also Panasonic have invested megabucks to cut the costs of production. Our currency is only one small factor pushing against lower costs and competition.

I asked about the 58" in the new model that's out in August and he said around the $7500-8000 mark.

I assume you refer to the ones that are due out in the USA about then? Panasonic Australia are yet to announce the local models. I wouldn't expect a 58inch till October, nor for any salesman to have any clue about pricing for a model that far away. Sounds like salesman BS to try and get you to buy now.

Why? TVs come down in price about 30% a year. Neo PDPs will be cheaper in the USA according to rumours on AVS.

I was joking stroltz. That's why I had the winky ;)

Yeah I know. Looking at a Monster HTS 1000 powerboard. $429 rrp and he said $350 without out even asking for a discount. I'm guessing there is lots of headroom there still

Or better yet, some good prices on the Powerware Pod boards from getprice :-

http://www.getprice.com.au/POWERWARE-Power...6--34978203.htm

:)

I assume you refer to the ones that are due out in the USA about then? Panasonic Australia are yet to announce the local models. I wouldn't expect a 58inch till October, nor for any salesman to have any clue about pricing for a model that far away. Sounds like salesman BS to try and get you to buy now.

Not sure. I looked on a site and it said something about the new z1 series (something like that, can't remember) so I assumed thats what he must have been talking about

I was going to buy now anyway so he didn't have to twist my arm (not that he got the sale, some other guy did)

Good stuff David, was he happy to do it at that price or you have to nudge him a little?

Sorted mine today also and pay the hard earned on Wednesday. He said it should be in stock mid to late Feb. Did you get the same story?

Thanks for replying was thinking how you went when I jumped on the net

Adam

Cheers Adam,

I'm pretty happy. I really wanted the Pioneer but couldn't justify the extra dollars for what they were offering.

I rang Yoshi and he seemed concerned about supposed price rises and that I'd have to get it within the next week. He didn't really flinch too much about the price but the bloke at RH Northbridge reckons he had to ring head office to get a clearance. Either way, true or false I've spent the money now, too late. The chap I spoke to reckons that it'll arrive mid to late Feb.

I haven't owned a HDTV yet nor SDTV. So I'm really looking forward to it. I don't usually watch much tv but I get into the occasional movie and UFC. The chap at the projector shop that I went and had a look at projectors recommended a few shows. If anyone has any tips on shows to watch I'd be interested in finally getting my fat ass of the desk chair and into the recliner. I heard that the NFL Superbowl was televised in 1080p and absolutely superb. Are there any other shows that will show off the HDTV format?

Now for the Home Theatre stuff, here we go again. Any tips there appreciated too.

Cheers!

Cheers Adam,

I'm pretty happy. I really wanted the Pioneer but couldn't justify the extra dollars for what they were offering.

I rang Yoshi and he seemed concerned about supposed price rises and that I'd have to get it within the next week. He didn't really flinch too much about the price but the bloke at RH Northbridge reckons he had to ring head office to get a clearance. Either way, true or false I've spent the money now, too late. The chap I spoke to reckons that it'll arrive mid to late Feb.

I haven't owned a HDTV yet nor SDTV. So I'm really looking forward to it. I don't usually watch much tv but I get into the occasional movie and UFC. The chap at the projector shop that I went and had a look at projectors recommended a few shows. If anyone has any tips on shows to watch I'd be interested in finally getting my fat ass of the desk chair and into the recliner. I heard that the NFL Superbowl was televised in 1080p and absolutely superb. Are there any other shows that will show off the HDTV format?

Now for the Home Theatre stuff, here we go again. Any tips there appreciated too.

Cheers!

Based on your comment about the desk chair a few shows come to mind :lol:

"Are there any other shows that will show off the HDTV format?"

Letterman.

Cheers Adam,

Cheers!

Haha everyone would love a Pioneer. I have had Panasonic TV's since '92 (for the Eagles GF win. Funny now but 63cm seemed huge back then lol) and not one has let us down. Have a 46" 16:9 rear pro at the moment and it really works well but time for an upgrade.

Glad you got the same time frame. Can't wait, should pair up nicely will PS3's Killzone 2 when they both reach our shores.

In terms of HT I'm a one eyed Yamaha amp man so anything I say would be biased

Has anyone in Perth been able to pick up the TH-42PX8A for $1000ish (Post Xmas sale price) recently?

Best quote I could get from a quick ring around was $1200ish.

That seems to be the going rate ATM. Maybe wait for another 6-8 weeks or so when news of the new panels starts spreading an Panasonic starts trying to shift superceded stock and hopefully we'll crack the $900 barrier B)

When you are opting for Panasonic plasma model, you are sure to get a great viewing experience. The prices of HDTVs are plummeting faster these days. Whatever model you pick, you can enjoy great picture quality. For better information and best buy you can go through the reviews of the models.

The prices of HDTVs are plummeting faster these days.

I think they'll be slowing down in the speed in which prices fall for a little while at least. I can't imagine the 30% year on year being sustained this year.

Just paid $2105 + $45 delivery for a TH-50PZ80A from Myer city store in Brissy. Lots of stock apparently, it's being delivered Friday.

Just paid $2105 + $45 delivery for a TH-50PZ80A from Myer city store in Brissy. Lots of stock apparently, it's being delivered Friday.

that seems a good price,is that with warranty as well,

did you try david jones they have 15% off tvs

that seems a good price,is that with warranty as well,

did you try david jones they have 15% off tvs

We went with Myer becuase we have a Myer 1 card - whatever the hell that is, but you get coupons or something (ask my wife) - and we just went with the standard warranty, but we get a 12 month extension - something to do with our credit card.

Salesman's name was Neil and he was very pleasant to deal with.

Some credit cards offer an addditional year's warranty with any purchase. Good way to get an extension on warranty.

BTW, that's a great price.

Some credit cards offer an addditional year's warranty with any purchase. Good way to get an extension on warranty.

Yes,great price but i think its due to the 2009 range landing April /May,poster on Whirlpool claime he/she was told this by Panny Oz customer support.

If the post is correct Panny are cutting it pretty fine as some customers are still waiting for delivery from pre Xmas sales.

Thanks Mick. I've been following the forum for some time and your name is everywhere - so coming from you that is solid praise.