Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

soz im new here and this is kind of unrelated...

how do i create a new topic/thread? as I'm trying to get opinions on a 22" lcd tv that i am considering, but it says I don't have permission...

val you need 5 posts to be able to start a new thread and I think 10 posts to activate PM function. Go below to rack up your post count

Red Text Thread, New members, bump your post counts here!

I bought at $1999 plus $800 voucher + delivery + bracket installation and 5 years best denski warranty

42PV70H

May i know currently where can buy at or close to the above and can use credit card?

Thanks in advance.

Have a question for those using the PV series (ie the 768 lines sets, not the 1080 lines sets) with the Oppo DVDP (or other upconverting DVDPs).

Oppo says to output closest to the native resolution of the display.  So for the PV series, this means the Oppo should output at 720p rather than 1080p.

Has anyone tried to compare giving your display 720p and 1080p signals to see which looks better?  I wonder whether Panasonic's scaling from 720p to 768p would look better than from 1080p to 768p.

Thanks in advance.

May i know currently where can buy at or close to the above and can use credit card?

Thanks in advance.

YEs , me used my citibank credit card 0percent for 24 months , best buy of the year

However, this $1999 with $800 of voucher is only valid at IT SHOW 2008

I just redeemed my TAKA $800 vouchers.. powerrr :)

perhaps u can look out for coming PC show or comex show in june.

:))

Thanks in advance.

Last weekend, Best Denki is selling this set at $1,999 with $700 vouchers and free Safety 5 warranty. You can try your luck this weekend and see if the offer still stands.

G11 coming very soon (the HD ready ones first though).  ;D  Just went to http://www.safety.org.sg to check and saw this:

Register of Registered Controlled Goods

Trade Name Model Number Registration Number Registered Date Expired Date

Panasonic TH-42PV80H CPA MAT ETV 080327-11 2008-03-07 2011-02-27

Panasonic TH-42PV8H CPA MAT ETV 080381-11 2008-03-13 2011-03-03

Panasonic TH-50PV80H CPA MAT ETV 080434-11 2008-03-13 2011-03-05

Last weekend, Best Denki is selling this set at $1,999 with $700 vouchers and free Safety 5 warranty. You can try your luck this weekend and see if the offer still stands.

Thanks, will go check it out.

Gaincity is $1,999 with $700 vouchers but think only standard 3 years warranty, till 30 Mar.

Thanks, will go check it out.

Gaincity is $1,999 with $700 vouchers but think only standard 3 years warranty, till 30 Mar.

hmm still a very good buy thoug. for me i managed to sell my $800 vouchers for $720 cash, 10percent off

so $1999 - $720  = $1279 for my 42 inch Pv70 :)) Best buy

I was at Myer today and the marked price is $1299 for the 42PX7

I'm going to have a look today, I would love to pick one of these up for around that much delivery included. But will see how I go. Anyone else bought one from Myer lately? If thats the marked price they normally go 10% under anyway in sales etc without even haggling. Will also check out Bing Lee etc. Also just thought I would mention I'm trying to get price as low as possible and preferably from Myer (As I have a few gift cards) and don't need anything else bundled with it.

Edited by corkil

I'm going to have a look today, I would love to pick one of these up for around that much delivery included. But will see how I go. Anyone else bought one from Myer lately? If thats the marked price they normally go 10% under anyway in sales etc without even haggling. Will also check out Bing Lee etc. Also just thought I would mention I'm trying to get price as low as possible and preferably from Myer (As I have a few gift cards) and don't need anything else bundled with it.

I bought a 42PX70A from Myer 3 weeks ago for $1385 delivered (Break down was $1300 for TV, $85 delivery IIRC). This was a price match of webprice.com.au - although the salesman did not even want to see the webprice add. You should be able to get a PX7A for around $100 cheaper. If you do buy from Myer, sign up to their Myer 1 scheme (if you have not already) and your plasma purchase will earn you a $20 gift voucher.

It was delivered next business day. Courier (Linfox) was good and called an hour before delivery as requested so I could duck home from work. Certainly beats the Telstra "We'll be there between 7 and 1." routine!

My experience is that Myer were the way to go as they were as competitive as any other retailer, had plenty of stock (chain not franchise), could use Amex card without penalty (unlike JB), and like you, I had gift cards to use.

Good luck!

A couple of days ago, I bought the TH42PX70A from Bing Lee Chatswood for $1280, which included delivery. The Bing Lee staff were easy to negotiate with (I was pushing for $1250 incl delivery). I didn't bother with getting an extended warranty. I figured if it doesn't break within the first year then it should keep running for a while longer after that. If it does break after the warranty period then by that time the Full HD models would've dropped in price anyway so time to get a new telly!

The TH42PX70A was easy to set up and the automatic tuner was a breeze. SD and HD channels look great. Though Playstation 2 connected through S-Video port was quite pixellated when playing games, has anyone tried it with a component cable? Might consider getting PS3 at some point, I hear the results are excellent with this setup ^_^

Thanks guys for the prices, I just got back from Bing Lee they said they would do the 7A for $1150 + 40 dollars delivery. I don't think I need the next model up, as I'm just going to have an Xbox 360 hooked upto it which will stream movies etc from my PC. Myer didnt even wanna go below their marked price until I said Bing Lee is giving me $1190, then they offered 1260 including delivery blaming cost price etc. So yeah I will probably just take Bing Lees offer with no extended warranty. I could only see them going down to about $1000 over coming months when new range is out.

Also off topic a bit just picked up Guitar Hero from EB who price matched Big W Bankstown for $118.

Just an update

I am in Perth, went to Good Guys Cannington, using lostdog receipt

They quoted Panasonic 50PX70A with 2 extra yr warranty for $1950 (Salesman Peter)

THey have plenty of stock. I havent bought it yet tho.

Hi..just got off the phone to harveys and they'd do the 1080p 50" panny for $3000........maybe throw in some extra warrantie as well.....this is happening because jb's are selling 50" kuro's now for $2999

ken

Edited by ken s

Just got quoted here in Adelaide today

$2199 for the 42PZ700A and an extra $299 for 4 years warantee on top.

$3250 for the 50PZ700A and an extra $299 for 4 years warantee on top.

Any good?

Not too bad, Ive been looking for about 6-8weeks and finally gave up on the elusive $2085 price mentioned in this forum.

Brought a 42PZ700 today a BingLee today for $2125 + $275 for their easicare 5yr warranty.

Saleman started at $2500+$399 then got to $2288+$399 and finally was happy with the above offer from the store manager.

This was without any extras, no cables, no delivery and no terms.

Maybe not the best but you just have to be happy with the deal you do.

Edited by womble66

42PX7A $1180 at JB Macquarie, day before Easter.

Very nice picture, especially if you use cinema mode.

Viewing Mode: Cinema

Contrast: No change

Brightness: 2 clicks left

Colour: No change

Sharpness: No Change

Colour Balance: Warm

P-NR: Off

Not too bad, Ive been looking for about 6-8weeks and finally gave up on the elusive $2085 price mentioned in this forum.

Brought a 42PZ700 today a BingLee today for $2125 + $275 for their easicare 5yr warranty.

Saleman started at $2500+$399 then got to $2288+$399 and finally was happy with the above offer from the store manager.

This was without any extras, no cables, no delivery and no terms.

Maybe not the best but you just have to be happy with the deal you do.

The $2085 was an abnormal get for whoever got it. I think you did well (both unit and warranty) considering I paid +$250 in January for the identical unit.