Sign in to follow this  
dtp

New PANASONIC plasmas, how much you pay?

You guys are getting ripped on the extended warranty, that’s where the retailer is making his money.

I just bought the 50PZ800A +4 year extended warranty from Clive Peters Burleigh Waters for $2500 flat.

is there any chance you could copy the receipt as im looking to buy very soon, but Jb hifi was the place i was about to get it from, but they dont have stock until late Jan 09...

You guys are getting ripped on the extended warranty, that’s where the retailer is making his money.

That's what I think as well. I think you cannot really say you paid only $2295 for the TV because in the end you have $2735 less in your account.

Edited by ageha

is there any chance you could copy the receipt as im looking to buy very soon, but Jb hifi was the place i was about to get it from, but they dont have stock until late Jan 09...

Hey Guys,

just got clive peeters junk mail the PZ800 is tagged at 2399 with a bonus harmony remote looks the 1000

That's what I think as well. I think you cannot really say you paid only $2295 for the TV because in the end you have $2735 less in your account.

I was quoted another $300 to extend the warranty on my 50pz80a, which I paid $2100 for(after gift card promo). I thought this was a bit high and decided against it. Since then Ive been unsure whether that was a good idea or not, as Ive read a few cases of failing plasmas. So now I think do take up an option to extend my warranty, or just go with what I get, and if it dies after manufacturers warranty, just use statutory warranty (which could be a bit of a pain the arse). I dont normally bother with extended warranties, as everything I have ever bought from a major electronic manufacturer has never died, but then Ive never spent this much before.

Edited by kharn

I was quoted another $300 to extend the warranty on my 50pz80a, which I paid $2100 for(after gift card promo). I thought this was a bit high and decided against it. Since then Ive been unsure whether that was a good idea or not, as Ive read a few cases of failing plasmas. So now I think do take up an option to extend my warranty, or just go with what I get, and if it dies after manufacturers warranty, just use statutory warranty (which could be a bit of a pain the arse). I dont normally bother with extended warranties, as everything I have ever bought from a major electronic manufacturer has never died, but then Ive never spent this much before.

A few cases of failing plasmas from Panasonic?

A few cases of failing plasmas from Panasonic?

LG and panasonic. Turns out my mum and step dad bought a panasonic a couple years ago and theyve had some problems with theirs (found this out after buying mine). They do live in a more extreme climate though. (Broome WA)

I can't decide what to buy. The LG 50PG70FG has a very tempting price and the picture looks very good even compared to the Panasonic 50PZ850A but it seems LG has lots of problems with IR and there are also HDMI issues.

I bought a lowly 42PX8A from a Harvey Norman's on the weekend, made a half-hearted attempt at haggling the $1195 catalogue price with no luck, wasn't too fussed though as they were still far cheaper than other local stores and had stock. I wasn't going to bother with the extended warranty but he offered me four years extra for $100 which seemed reasonable.

HD is very nice but I miss my Sony CRT already when it comes to SD :-)

My colleague just bought the Panasonic 50PZ800A from Harvey Norman, Sunshine, VIC for $2180.00 with the Wii, in stock, get it quick if interested.

My colleague just bought the Panasonic 50PZ800A from Harvey Norman, Sunshine, VIC for $2180.00 with the Wii, in stock, get it quick if interested.

Don't know the name of the salesman by any chance??

Don't know the name of the salesman by any chance??

Just got it off my colleague, Grant H.

l just rang HN sunshine about the above deal and the salesperson there looked up the recent sales records and said the cheapest price they have sold one for was $2600 .....theres no way they'd sell one for that......so either your mate has given you the wrong model number or else the salesperson l spoke to is dodging this.........can we see a reciept? times running out for the promo

cheers ken

Edited by ken s

Harvey Norman "Sales Records" are BS. I tried to price match a Sharp HP20X (Blu-Ray player) christmas last year for $299 at HN Chadstone using a price from someone who bought there the day previously. According to their "sales records" the cheapest was $650. Rang back later, and spoke to a different salesman and bingo.

Edited by davep

Not with the Myer gift card promo though, ie. $2600 with 5 yr warranty and delivery, minus the $250 for $2500 of gift cards and $40 for joining Myer One.

So $2310 total, which many people are having trouble purchasing just the TV for!

Edited by Bradles

I would buy it for that price but I can't get it here.

Also too i just found out in order to get the free wii you must pay IN FULL for the tv before 24/12/08 then claim before 16/1/09. So if anyone has one on order and has been promised the wii deal like i was, you may not be entitled. See T&C.. http://www.vierabonus.com.au/default.asp?section_id=4

You also need to send the serial number. If you don't have it and you get the set delivered later you can't claim the promo.

A number of us went out to Harvey Norman @ Highpoint (Melbourne), actually 14 of us & managed to pickup the following (last week):

PS50PZ800a for $2,700 (had in stock - so will make it for the Wii offer) with 5yr warranty.

PS50PZ80a for $2,500 with 5yr warranty.

PS50PX80a for $1,530 plus $200 for warranty upgrade = $1,730.

PS42PZ800a for $2,200 (not 100% certain about this one, but around that ballpark) with 5yr warranty

Samsung PN50a550 for $2,200 with 5yr warranty. Comes with free BluRay player via redemption.

Samsung PN50a450 for $1,500 without extra warranty.

For anyone that couldn't pick up theirs, delivery was an extra $40.

Cheers,

Manny.

Edited by MannyB

A number of us went out to Harvey Norman @ Highpoint (Melbourne), actually 14 of us & managed to pickup the following (last week):

PS50PZ800a for $2,700 (had in stock - so will make it for the Wii offer) with 5yr warranty.

PS50PZ80a for $2,500 with 5yr warranty.

PS50PX80a for $1,530 plus $200 for warranty upgrade = $1,730.

PS42PZ800a for $2,200 (not 100% certain about this one, but around that ballpark) with 5yr warranty

Samsung PN50a550 for $2,200 with 5yr warranty. Comes with free BluRay player via redemption.

Samsung PN50a450 for $1,500 without extra warranty.

For anyone that couldn't pick up theirs, delivery was an extra $40.

Cheers,

Manny.

Seems to be easier to get one outside of Sydney...

Well l rang grant @ HN sunshine and he denied that low price and was'nt very happy at all ,refusing to sell one for less than $2600............l ended up buying one with 5yr warranty for $2700 up here in ballarat @retravision

ken

Well l rang grant @ HN sunshine and he denied that low price and was'nt very happy at all ,refusing to sell one for less than $2600............l ended up buying one with 5yr warranty for $2700 up here in ballarat @retravision

ken

For the 50PZ800 or 50PZ850?

Edited by ageha

The 50pz800.......only mob up here that could do the price and had 'em in stock to boot........myer would match the price , but no stock , same good guys.

The 50pz800.......only mob up here that could do the price and had 'em in stock to boot........myer would match the price , but no stock , same good guys.

HN offered me today the 47PZ800 for 2000 without any addional warranty. They had every model in stock.

just went and bought a 50PZ800 from clive peeters for $2500 inc 4yr warranty ext, so thats 5 year in total :)