Sign in to follow this  
dtp

New PANASONIC plasmas, how much you pay?

JB deleted all PZ800A models from their online shop and they told me today in Bondi Juntion they cannot deliver any 800 model anymore this year. Only the PZ80A is available but even at 100Hz the motion jugger is pretty obvious compared to the 800 or 850 because it only doubles the frames.

Edited by ageha

hey mate, that was me replying on my friends computer as "duckie"

About that receipt, would i be pushing it if i asked you to fax it to me? (lol worth a shot)

thats an awesome price i need to get that receipt, i want to buy tonight!!!!

i went to JB, wow, myer, clive anthony's and harveys last night... JB would only budge 50 bux on the 46800a because they were selling to fast and he SAID they sold twenty last weekend, although he did say if i can get a receipt we can talk

I took a picture of the receipt with my camera. How do I post it here?

Guest Suzanneh1967

I'm located in Canberra and I have just been on the hunt for a plasma. With the help of advice from this forum, last night I ended up buying the Panasonic 50PZ800A. My first quote was $2,500 from The Good Guys, Domayne knocked $20 off that, and JB-Hi Fi would take another $10 if I bought it there and then. I went to Myer and after a bit of discussion they offered it for $2,400. So I used the gift card option (bought $2,500 worth of cards which gave me $250 worth of bonus gift cards). Using my Myer One card will also earn me another $50 gift card.

I also took the extra 4 year warranty for $399 and there was a $45 delivery fee and they're going to try to deliver it today, although they can't guarantee it.

I'm located in Canberra and I have just been on the hunt for a plasma. With the help of advice from this forum, last night I ended up buying the Panasonic 50PZ800A. My first quote was $2,500 from The Good Guys, Domayne knocked $20 off that, and JB-Hi Fi would take another $10 if I bought it there and then. I went to Myer and after a bit of discussion they offered it for $2,400. So I used the gift card option (bought $2,500 worth of cards which gave me $250 worth of bonus gift cards). Using my Myer One card will also earn me another $50 gift card.

I also took the extra 4 year warranty for $399 and there was a $45 delivery fee and they're going to try to deliver it today, although they can't guarantee it.

Great deal

Hi Muzzman,

I'm interested in buying pana 50"pz800a... just wondering if your contact has any in stock in melbourne...

Thanx.

Hi Muzzman,

I'm interested in buying pana 50"pz800a... just wondering if your contact has any in stock in melbourne...

Thanx.

Try DSE - PowerHouse in Southland, as Nunawading won't budge. I got one earlier this week with pretty good deal (I believe), $2295.-, ask for Richard.

Edited by dommer

Tried all the Myer's in Adelaide for the PZ800A 50".

No stock apparently.

I got the same response from most Myer stores in Melbourne. I was told they wouldn't get stock until mid-January. I had a chat to a senior staff member in a Dick Smith store today and she said that Panasonic have plenty of stock available, and in fact they (DSE) had plenty of stock of both the 46PZ800A and 50PZ800A models.

It's a little strange that Myer say they have no stock and yet Panasonic are telling dealers that they have plenty available.

Something just doesn't seem right! Are Panasonic holding back so customers don't get their entitlement to a free Wii, or are Myer holding back until after their Gift Card deal has expired? Both offers end on December 24th. Or am I being a little too cynical?

I just want to buy a new telly, but without all the sales pitches!!

Went to myer sydney city store with intention of buying a 50px80a which was going to be $1649 with delivery (they couldnt do the $1531 from receipts), and I would of gotten another $150 off with myer gift card deal.

The sales person was saying they didnt have much (almost none) stock of PZ800 series in the shop as so many people are buying them at the moment, but he did say he had a few of the 50pz80a. So I asked what his best deal was, he said he could do it for $2250, I then thought If I do the gift card deal I can effictively get $200 off this price(plus probably get another $300 for ebaying the wii when I get it) So had a good look at the display, was suitably impressed and went with that.

So it was $2299 including delivery from the sales person. After using the gift card deal it was $2099. Which I thought was pretty decent for a full hd 50" panasonic plasma with a wii redemption.

The sales persons name was Razi, who was very helpful.

Thanks to veryone in this thread for figuring out the best way to get a good deal from myer, I would of never known about the gift card promo otherwise. :)

Definitely worth getting TV in the next couple days with the gift card/wii promo that both expire on the 24th if youre after a display.

Try DSE - PowerHouse in Southland, as Nunawading won't budge. I got one earlier this week with pretty good deal (I believe), $2295.-, ask for Richard.

Hi dommer are you able to share the receipt? so you got the Wii, GPS and surge pack for $2295?

Has anyone seen a better price than this?

GPS and surge pack for $2295?

Has anyone seen a better price than this?

No GPS and Surge Board, only if you pay the full ticket price - $2598.-

Edited by dommer

LOL @ Richard.

I think you will find that Richard and my contact are friends. Work about 4 doors from each other.

Given Myer's GC promotion, you essentially will get a 5yr warranty for only $50 more.

LOL @ Richard.

Given Myer's GC promotion, you essentially will get a 5yr warranty for only $50 more.

I tried with Myer, but with no stock for the whole Victoria, so just walk next door and got the deal with Richard. Stock is very rare, so just grab it before the Wii promotion ends.

Tried all the Myer's in Adelaide for the PZ800A 50".

No stock apparently.

Same in Sydney CBD.

LOL @ Richard.

I think you will find that Richard and my contact are friends. Work about 4 doors from each other.

Hi Muzzman,

I was trying to PM you about your contact, but seems I can't send messages to members. I am a relatively new member myself, so I would guess that's why?

Looking at having a chat to your mate (and Richard from DSE too) about either the 50PZ800A or the 46PZ800A. As he/she seems to have done a few deals for the good folk in this forum then I am more than happy to pass my business their way.

Not sure if you are able to message me, but if you can then can you let me know how I can get in touch with him/her?

Went to Myer Chatswood on thursday and no stock available for the 50PZ800A :( Headed to Parramatta Myer and ran into Ramsay who I had purchased goods off a while back at when he was working for Megamart. Told him I was after a full hd 50' plasma and he suggested the 50PZ80A as the 50PZ800A was out of stock and not available till next year. I mentioned that JB HiFi was willing to sell the 50PZ80A for $2200 and was wonding if he could price match. I also asked for delivery to be included and Ramsay gave the go ahead and it was a done deal.

Went over to the counter to pay and purchased the gift cards. Spent $2000 and getting the tv delivered on Tuesday. If anyone else is interested in this tv then you cant go wrong with this price. Thank you all who have contributed to this thread for helping me with the purchase of this tv. Best of luck all.

Someone bought the Panasonic 50PZ800A at Myers for $2155.00 without gift card, best deal so far, he got $250 free gift voucher so effectively the tv only costed him $1905, and of course it comes with a free Wii.

Panasonic 50PZ800A $2155.00

Edited by bati

Hi Muzzman,

I was trying to PM you about your contact, but seems I can't send messages to members. I am a relatively new member myself, so I would guess that's why?

Looking at having a chat to your mate (and Richard from DSE too) about either the 50PZ800A or the 46PZ800A. As he/she seems to have done a few deals for the good folk in this forum then I am more than happy to pass my business their way.

Not sure if you are able to message me, but if you can then can you let me know how I can get in touch with him/her?

id say you need a min 3 posts to send or receive PMs.

id say you need a min 3 posts to send or receive PMs.

Okay, this will take me up to my third post.

If you're right then I'll PM soon

Fingers crossed.

Someone bought the Panasonic 50PZ800A at Myers for $2155.00 without gift card, best deal so far, he got $250 free gift voucher so effectively the tv only costed him $1905, and of course it comes with a free Wii.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-repli...1101939&p=8

hey man that thread is busted... can you fix up the link?

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-repli...1101939&p=8

Bati, make sure you state all the facts othervise your statement is not correct;

from your link

"Panasonic 50" PZ800 $2155

Extended warranty to 5 years $400

Delivery $45

Total: $2600

Purchased with $2500 of Myer gift cards, so $250 in my pocket from that, plus I joined Myer One where you get a $20 gift card for every $1000 spent, so another $40 there.

Effectively it cost $2310, but if you include the value of the Wii then...well you can work that out!

This is an AMAZING panel, and the picture looks infinitely better in the home than in the shop, and that's without any calibration!"

OK here's the deal from Powerhouse and Myers in Southland, Melbourne, but am sure all Myers can do the same package.

Powerhouse,Southland,Melbourne:

1. Panasonic 50PZ800A, @$2295.00, in stock, hence you get the bonus Wii, but no TomTom GPS or surge pack.

2. 5-year extended warranty, $380.00

3. Delivery $60.00

4. Total package $2735.00

5. Salesman, Richard or Adam.

Myers,Southland,Melbourne

1. Panasonic 50PZ800A, @$2155.00 only if you buy along with the extended warranty, otherwise $2375.00, out of stock until 17/1, looks like Panasonic did it on purpose, ie you don't get the bonus Wii, as redemption must be submitted 14 days after purchase and must be received before 16/1/2008, correct me if I am wrong.

2. 5-year extended warranty, $399.00

3. Delivery $45.00

4. Total package costs $2599.00

5. Purchase $2000 gift card and you get $200 free gift card, ie you end up paying $2399.00. Note: $50 free gift card per $500 gift card offer ends on 24/12/2008, you can also use your Myer one card.

6. Salesman David, according to him you can get this deal from any Myers.

Both take AMEX.

So from Powerhouse you get it along with the bonus Wii before xmas for $2735.00, but if you don't care about the Wii and your happy to wait, then $2399.00, I believe Wii currently costs approx $380.00 so if you add $2399+$380 which comes to $2779.00.

Anyway I bought it from Powerhouse as I don't want to wait and I want the Wii. Good luck to everyone.

Edited by bati

I just bought the 50PZ800A +4 year extended warranty from Clive Peters Burleigh Waters for $2500 flat.

Edited by mcwayne1