Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

Went into HN Greensborough today and asked for their best price on the 46PZ800A. Spoke to Trevor and mentioned the forum and recent quotes of $2300....he went and saw his manager and came back with a best price of $2400 for the TV, $299 for 4 year extended warranty and $50 delivery...wouldn't budge down to $2300 and said that they had never sold (note....I say sold!!... not quoted!!) this Plasma for $2300....maybe I talked to them on a bad day...any one had any other experience and actually bought at this price??

With the extended warranty, does it mention that if they don't get a replacement part, etc. with some specified number of days then the TV will be replaced by a new one?

last weekend checked out Bing lee and the extended warranty for 4 years was $399. Told the guy it was expensive, he mentioned that if they were unable to repair the TV in 55 days then would get a replacement TV. He said that most of these extended warranties don't have this clause.

Personally feel it is good since after 3 years time current model will be discontinued and getting parts for it will be difficult. Don't want to keep on hanging on with a broken TV.

Guys any comments on spending that $ 100 extra.

i just purchased th46pz800a on saturday for $2275 and also a panasonic dvd recorder dmr-ex78 for $522.

i hope this helps.

cheers

Would you be willing to post a receipt? I paid $2500 for mine with a provision that if I can show proof of a cheaper price in the next 30 days I will get a refund of the difference :D

Hi RS2000.. First timer here.

That's a great price. I've been looking at the exact same TV as you after a LOT of research. The best price I've managed so far is 2349 from JB. Could you also send me a copy of receipt. It's my member name at hot mail.

Could you also share your thoughts about the TV and any callibration or adjustments you've made?

Finally, did you get an extended warranty? price and how many years?

Thanks mate,

hotchech

I just posted in another thread that I just paid $2600 for the 50" 800A and its getting delivered today. I purchased the TV from HN Greensborough Victoria, so I would suggest you purchase the TV from there unless you can get a better deal from another retailer.

good luck

Hi vxuereb, can you please send me your receipt for the 50" 800A to iriver.ipod at gmail.com?

Thanks..

That's a great price. I've been looking at the exact same TV as you after a LOT of research. The best price I've managed so far is 2349 from JB. Could you also send me a copy of receipt. It's my member name at hot mail.

Could you also share your thoughts about the TV and any callibration or adjustments you've made?

Thanks mate,

hotchech

i was very happy with price. no i didn't opt for the extended warranty.the tv is still boxed as i am waiting for my hdmi cables to arrive from ezyhd.

cheers andrew

no i didn't opt for the extended warranty.the tv is still boxed as i am waiting for my hdmi cables to arrive from ezyhd.

cheers andrew

may i ask why you didn't ? what will you do if it breaks after a year ?

too be honest i think you have to be nuts not to get extended warranty on plasmas

I did not get warranty on my Panasonic plasma 2 years ago either. So far so good. If i do have a problem I will let them know

that under Statutory regulation I should still be able to have the problem fixed as the price paid for it was very expensive and should not break down after such a short time. This worked with a old CRT from Toshiba i had and after 7 years the colour started to go so I contacted the supplier and they said not much they can do about it as it only a 12 month warranty. I discussed with them about state statutory regulations and they transported from Adelaide to Melbourne by TNT and repaired it and sent it back again by TNT to my door step and did not charge me anything. Although under statutory regulations you can still be charged for either the labour or the part. It is up to both parties to come to agreement. The tv at the time cost $3000 and was a 80cm.

may i ask why you didn't ? what will you do if it breaks after a year ?

too be honest i think you have to be nuts not to get extended warranty on plasmas

it's personal preference, i tend to think that the extended warranty are a money grab, but each to there own.

it's personal preference, i tend to think that the extended warranty are a money grab, but each to there own.

I see it as a salespersons gravy train as well.If a high percentage of Panasonic's plasmas failed at 12 to 60 months wouldn't we hear more about it in the media or on sites like this?Pioneer seem confident there plasma will last 60 months.Not saying things don't fail,i claimed a new Benq lcd monitor and a Philips dvd player in the last few years but in both cases they failed in less than 3 months.If you pay thousands for a tv and get a lemon the company should stand behind there product and fix or replace it,thats why we have consumer protection laws.

has anybody been able to get a 42pz800a for $2000 or less? and do you think if i payed in cash i could get an extended warranty and the tv for no more than $2200 as that is my maximum price limit. i know on the electronic discounter website they have it for about $2189 with a 1 yr warranty so surely i could bargain good guys or Harvey norman down to around 2000?

I got 42pz800a at GG Cranbourne for $2090 without a problem. Took no time at all.

I took a current Clive Peeters catalogue which is listed at about 2150 atm.

Got them to deliver, but had to buy the extra warranty.

Should have pushed them but ahhh I got the TV I wanted.

who is interested in buying the 46pz800a for $2275? i can broker a deal for you to get it at this price as long as i can guarantee them at least 3 buyers(victorian based only) first in best dressed i'm afraid...

pm me with your name, suburb and contact phone.

cheers andrew

who is interested in buying the 46pz800a for $2275? i can broker a deal for you to get it at this price as long as i can guarantee them at least 3 buyers(victorian based only) first in best dressed i'm afraid...

pm me with your name, suburb and contact phone.

cheers andrew

Does Broken Hill NSW count as VIC??? :huh:

i just bought the 50" pz800a , got the tv $ 2700- extra warranty for 5 years + $400

delivery next week

all on 24 months interest free cant complain about that!

Yeah got mine for $2700 also - from HN @ Osborne Park yesterday....delivery should be next week sometime.

All the EZYHD Cables came today too...and I only ordered them on Sunday.....good service!

I would like to get all the new bits and pieces set up before the Olympics hopefully :D

Cheers

FG

TH-50PZ800 $2600

+3Yr Warranty $289

Topfield 7000 $580

From Good Guys, Bayswater Vic. Ask for Daniel.

Looks great, straight out of the box. SD surprisingly good.

Anybody know what the recommended setting are?

Thanks mate,

hotchech

can't send you a pm so check your hotmail..

Yeah got mine for $2700 also - from HN @ Osborne Park yesterday....delivery should be next week sometime.

All the EZYHD Cables came today too...and I only ordered them on Sunday.....good service!

I would like to get all the new bits and pieces set up before the Olympics hopefully :D

Cheers

FG

hi, what is the name of the sales rep?

regards.

Guest flowerysky

Hi,

I'm from China. As our company is about to supply DVB-T products, can anyone here help confirm 'your digital TV frequency in Australia?'

Is it: 177.5MHZ-226.5MHZ under 7M and 474MHZ-858MHZ under 8M?

Seems some of our customers in Australia can't get signal there...

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

Lolon

Hi,

I'm from China. As our company is about to supply DVB-T products, can anyone here help confirm 'your digital TV frequency in Australia?'

Is it: 177.5MHZ-226.5MHZ under 7M and 474MHZ-858MHZ under 8M?

Seems some of our customers in Australia can't get signal there...

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

Lolon

Alan H,where are you....

Hi RS200,

Unfortunately, I'm from NSW and would not be able to join your group buy. But would really appreciate if you could pm me a copy of you invoice so I could use it here in NSW. I am buying one tomorrow or Fri as long as I could get a similar quote.

As has been already reported on another thread the 50PZ850 is now up on the Pana website with RRP of $4669

Let the deals begin!

I just did a comparison between the new 850 and the 800 i did not see a lot of difference, certainly not a $1000 worth.

Sorry just read the other thread where this has been asked already.

Edited by Mlor