Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

It's a normal reaction to find it big if OC has been watching small display all the while. It's a matter of getting used to it.

I have been watching 43" display for 9 years. I can't go back to smaller display. Otherwise, I'll feel something missing.

Recently, change to 50" plasma. OC and me enjoy it!  :)

38) sknight - 42 PV8H (OC find too big, giving headache - not sure if to sell  :-[

The 50PY800 and 850 are out on display at BD Taka. Just bought the 50PY800 today. Delivering to my new place on monday. Can't wait!!  ;D

Hi,what's the difference between the py800 and the py850?I also ordered a Py800 and delivery on monday.

I just posted in another thread that I just paid $2600 for the 50" 800A and its getting delivered today. I purchased the TV from HN Greensborough Victoria, so I would suggest you purchase the TV from there unless you can get a better deal from another retailer.

good luck

Sorry if this is off topic, but as a newbie I cant start a new thread. :wacko:

I am wondering if the retailers who offer interest free terms get a kick-back from the company who provide the interest free deals.

For example, I believe that the interest free deals at HN are actually provided by GE Money (could be wrong). So, does HN get a kick-back from GE for each customer they 'introduce'? Or vice-versa?

The answer to this obviously impacts on the retailers profit & hence their ability to do deals with us customers.

Bottom line - should I be able to negotiate a lower price if I pay cash?

Hi

There have been several threads on this,from what i can gather some retailers have better deals than others with GE Money but they get commission of some kind for selling the finanace. They say cash deals are always better,saves the salemen a lot of paper work for a start, but i bought a Panny. BDDVD Rec. the other Day and the cash price and the 2Years IF were both the same price,$1740, i offered him $1700 cash and he said no, "$1740 no matter how you pay",so go figure that.

I actually bought the 50PV80 2 months back on the condition that if the PY800 came I could upgrade. The sales guy was really good and took me through the differences in the two models playing several scenes on Spiderman 2 on blu-ray for me. There seems to be a huge difference in the 24/fps playback between the 2. Not sure whether its due to the settings but I can tell the difference. Your milage may vary.

I paid $5299 with $400 taka voucher and 2 free panny HDMI cables. But because I bought the PV with 10% rebate on my DBS Black card, I get another $370 cash rebate off $5299. Pretty good deal for me.... :o

Comparison reviews for the US models.

http://reviews.cnet.com/best-hdtvs/

I actually bought the 50PV80 2 months back on the condition that if the PY800 came I could upgrade. The sales guy was really good and took me through the differences in the two models playing several scenes on Spiderman 2 on blu-ray for me. There seems to be a huge difference in the 24/fps playback between the 2. Not sure whether its due to the settings but I can tell the difference. Your milage may vary.

I paid $5299 with $400 taka voucher and 2 free panny HDMI cables. But because I bought the PV with 10% rebate on my DBS Black card, I get another $370 cash rebate off $5299. Pretty good deal for me.... :o

how was the 50PV80 versus the 50PY800 for sd content? and more importantly, did they lower the price for the 50PV80 with the 50PY800 now available? ;D

wow, great deal.

Is the 10% rebate a regular promotion to Black Card? And where? thanks

thanks again guys for helping me out with this :too big give headache" issue which I think some of us will go through.  ;D

I have discussed with her and she gave the green light to keep... whoopi...

I just posted in another thread that I just paid $2600 for the 50" 800A and its getting delivered today. I purchased the TV from HN Greensborough Victoria, so I would suggest you purchase the TV from there unless you can get a better deal from another retailer.

good luck

any idea what the 46" 800a was going for?

Guest Robski

Just a heads up guys got a verbal on the TH-42PX8A from harvey norman as part of the 4 day sale they're having at the moment of $1250 without any work... just need permission now from the missus...

Hi RS2000

I was initially looking at the 46" 800A and HN Greensborough said they would beat $2300, this is no word of lie I just thought for a few extra bucks why not go 50".

i'm waiting on my contact at gg to see what price i can get the 46" & 50" 800a for.

cheers

Ta guys.

HN Greensborough will sell 50" 800a for $2600. Local Good Guys will also match that price, delivery slight cheaper as they're closer. Going there now to buy one. Looks like there is enough margin for most places to offer at this price - especially with plenty of stock to move.

Just a heads up guys got a verbal on the TH-42PX8A from harvey norman as part of the 4 day sale they're having at the moment of $1250 without any work... just need permission now from the missus...

Just remember Myer is selling this in the catalog for $1299, and I got mine using a receipt on this forum for $1170.

And up above you supposedley can get an 42PX80A for $1100!!!!

Guest Blaircam
Ta guys.

HN Greensborough will sell 50" 800a for $2600. Local Good Guys will also match that price, delivery slight cheaper as they're closer. Going there now to buy one. Looks like there is enough margin for most places to offer at this price - especially with plenty of stock to move.

That seems like an extremely good price. The best I can do is $2750 for the TH50PZ800A. I have now managed to get Rick Hart in the city to match this price and they tell me one is available today so that's the one I'm going with.

Delivery is going to cost me a bit more than originally anticipate but I do get it today!

Hi everyone,

I just bought a 46 800 series panasonic plasma yesterday. It is brilliant.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I got a price that was lower than anyone has mentioned on this site so far for it. The price I got was through Myer in the City Centre, Canberra. They quoted me over the phone (many refused to do this). I have no affilliation, blah, blah, blah.

If you're in Canberra, I reccomend calling Rodrigo (sp?) or Amer at Myer at the end of getting quotes. After visiting a bunch of stores (maybe 10 or so) and getting the price down to what I thought was the limit, they ended up beating it by $200.

Hey guys not really sure where to post this but I was wondering if I could get some advice on which unit to purchase. I have been quoted 1800 for the 50PZ80A and 2200 for the 50PZ700A. I saw both models in HN today and could honestly not tell the difference between the two models (both broadcasting 7HD).

I will mainly be using the tv to watch sports and cable TV. Might eventually purchase a blu-ray player. Is the $400 price difference reflected in the quality from 720p to 1080p or will I be able to get buy using the cheaper model. Thanks in advance.

Hey guys not really sure where to post this but I was wondering if I could get some advice on which unit to purchase. I have been quoted 1800 for the 50PZ80A and 2200 for the 50PZ700A. I saw both models in HN today and could honestly not tell the difference between the two models (both broadcasting 7HD).

I will mainly be using the tv to watch sports and cable TV. Might eventually purchase a blu-ray player. Is the $400 price difference reflected in the quality from 720p to 1080p or will I be able to get buy using the cheaper model. Thanks in advance.

If anything the newer 50PX80 probably has better blacks and contrast to the older 50PZ700. That's a good price of $2200 but that retailer is probably trying to clear the 50PZ700 early (smart idea) since the newer 50PZ800 has appeared around the place today and is already down to $2600-2700 without trying very hard.

If you couldn't tell the difference on a source you'd watch at the distance you'd watch from, then get the cheaper model.

HN Greensborough are selling that TV under cost, thats what I was told when I purchased the 50" 800A from them. So take that with a grain of salt, hard to say whats true and what isn't when sales men tell you that so yeh.

I went into the GG's the other day to try and compete with Harvey Norman... I have received a "mates rates" quote on a New 50PX80A (for my brother) from Harvey Norman in Brisbane Metro area, $1650, this includes the extended 5yr Warranty but NOT delivery as I live on the other side of town to where His store is located, but I'm more then happy to go pick it up... Anyway, he didn't have it in stock so I went to my local GG's who had it in stock to see if they would at least match it, He wrote down for me the price of the Plasma $1500 but wouldn't budge on the extended 5yr warranty, $299. Total being $1799 total price from GG's so he wouldn't match it, he went on to show me his cost price of the Plasma being $1491, I saw that figure on his computer screen, and whether it was a true Cost price or not, I don't know, but it seemed legit to me!

So after all that I am going to see my contact at Harvey's tomorrow to buy the Plasma no matter what. I will let you know what I come away with.