Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

Soz joffaa missed your post. $3500 for the panel. As a side have also grabbed the Panasonic DVD-S97 for $435 but from HN. Seems everyone is shooting for there pre xmas targets which is making it easier to grab a bargin. :blink:

I thought it was harder to get a cheap price during xmas - and best time was late Jan

Is there any more downward movement in Panna 500A prices this weekand, I'm ready to buy.

Please give some price updates :blink:

I also would like to know.

I am interested in the 50inch.

In the other thread somone got it for $5400 and another got it for $5900

I don't get it - how is this possible?

JB Hifi catalog shows $6698 ..... I just don't see how they will knock $1300 off the price

I also would like to know.

I am interested in the 50inch.

In the other thread somone got it for $5400 and another got it for $5900

I don't get it - how is this possible?

JB Hifi catalog shows $6698 ..... I just don't see how they will knock $1300 off the price

Last weekend I was at the new HN Alexandria (ex MegaMart) and was looking at the 50inch, I was not ready to buy, but tested the sales guy by saying that I had been offered this set for $5400. The HN guy matched the price after "speaking with his manager" but wanted $500 for the extended warranty. I was not ready to buy so I left it there, however, as I was walking out the sales guy said that if I was to buy that day on a credit card, then he could do the set and extended warranty for $5800.

They seem desperate to sell, so just push real hard.

The above prices are not available with the in-store finance.

Good luck

The local HN store recently moved shops and they where selling some HT systems at less than Half price but the plasma's and lcd's where still expensive but I ended up getting down to $2799 with 3yrs warenty for my Panasonic SD and that was 2 months ago.

Last weekend I was at the new HN Alexandria (ex MegaMart) and was looking at the 50inch, I was not ready to buy, but tested the sales guy by saying that I had been offered this set for $5400. The HN guy matched the price after "speaking with his manager" but wanted $500 for the extended warranty. I was not ready to buy so I left it there, however, as I was walking out the sales guy said that if I was to buy that day on a credit card, then he could do the set and extended warranty for $5800.

They seem desperate to sell, so just push real hard.

The above prices are not available with the in-store finance.

Good luck

I don't get it ... how in the world are you managing to get it so darn cheap.

I was at JB Hifi in Highpoint (Melbourne) on Sunday and after a lengthy talk I could only get $6800 with 5 year warranty. (Panel ticketed price $6698)

Myer - similar story - $6800 with 3 year warranty. (Panel alone ticketed price $6999)

DSE powerhouse - also $6800 5 year warranty. (Panel ticketed price $6498)

Thats a grand difference - granted different stores do different deals but this is a huge difference. Plus I asked at 3 different stores and got a similar price.

How the heck do people get it for under $6k with warranty??? - which means it's nearly $2k off the stores ticketed price!!! .... I don't understand how that's possible.

I don't get it ... how in the world are you managing to get it so darn cheap.

I was at JB Hifi in Highpoint (Melbourne) on Sunday and after a lengthy talk I could only get $6800 with 5 year warranty. (Panel ticketed price $6698)

Myer - similar story - $6800 with 3 year warranty. (Panel alone ticketed price $6999)

DSE powerhouse - also $6800 5 year warranty. (Panel ticketed price $6498)

Thats a grand difference - granted different stores do different deals but this is a huge difference. Plus I asked at 3 different stores and got a similar price.

How the heck do people get it for under $6k with warranty??? - which means it's nearly $2k off the stores ticketed price!!! .... I don't understand how that's possible.

It all depends on your haggling technique. if you go in asking for their best price, it's going to be 'their' best price, not yours. Tell them you're prepared to pay $5400 if they want a sale today. If you let the drone set the price, you will get all sorts of stories about wholesale prices and dribble like that. These guys will move stock for a $50 profit. You just have to convince them that you are not a sucker who will pay 'their' price.

Nah that's a great price, I didn't get the extended warranty but then you have to decide whether to get the floorstand (expensive - but looks great) or keep the one that comes with it (free).

You won't really find a better price than that (unless you want to save max $50-$100). Go for it and don't get sucked into HN's ploy to use Monster cables.

Keen

It all depends on your haggling technique. if you go in asking for their best price, it's going to be 'their' best price, not yours. Tell them you're prepared to pay $5400 if they want a sale today. If you let the drone set the price, you will get all sorts of stories about wholesale prices and dribble like that. These guys will move stock for a $50 profit. You just have to convince them that you are not a sucker who will pay 'their' price.

Well, I told them I'd pay $6500 with warranty and they would'nt have it.

Does anyone think they will go down early next year? There are always big sales post christmas - but with all this talk about pre christmas quotas got me thinking. I am interested in 42 inch SD but can only afford $2500 and want to get at least 3 years warranty..

Price can only go down I would think.

I triying hard to get a pana 500a for under 4k but JB high fi turned me down again today as has myer, Bing Lee and a harvy norman store I want it with extended warenty and 6 month intrest free I know its possible!!

They have toughened up just for now, JB Castle hill let a few go at really good prices, but said it is under cost and can't keep doing it, but don't give up. try Luke at JB castle Hill and you may get the price down a bit as he is watching this Forum and knows the pressure we are exerting on the retailers. Good luck and report back.

Cheers :blink:

Well tomoro is the day...I hope!!! i'm going to Dick Smiths, JB and Harvy noman hopfully one of them will set me up with the 500a, extended warrenty and 6 months intrest free wish me luck :blink:

Good luck Mullins, I will do the same. If I can't get the Panna 500A with 5yr warranty for under $3,800 I will wait until the new year. Try Harvey at Martin Place ond Moore Park,they seem very keen to do buisness.

PS report back :P

Got mine delivered yesterday, hooked it up to my HTPC... Bloody awesome, looks much better than in the shops. Still playing around with settings but VERY happy with it....

TV, Stand, Cables, Extra 4 Year Warranty and delivery for $4000 all up from DSE....

Was thinking of waiting till after xmas but I don't think they will come down that much in the immediate future and having the set now is worth a few dollars extra........ now where are all those DVD's....:blink:

Edited by pistnbroke

Got mine delivered yesterday, hooked it up to my HTPC... Bloody awesome, looks much better than in the shops. Still playing around with settings but VERY happy with it....

TV, Stand, Cables, Extra 4 Year Warranty and delivery for $4000 all up from DSE....

Was thinking of waiting till after xmas but I don't think they will come down that much in the immediate future and having the set now is worth a few dollars extra........ now where are all those DVD's....:blink:

Hi Pistnbroke, which DSE did you buy it from. anywhere in Sydney? :P