Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

Got the PV500A tonight from HN City West and it will be delivered Saturday. THe PV500A plus Yamaha RX V657 plus Pana DVD recorder EH60 with added 4 year warranty on the TV and a belkin 8 plug surge protecter for $5180 delivered. Dont care if this was the best price as I am now all excited like a kid at show time. Now just have to put it altogether and for a duffer like me could be a lifelong job. Any help with the above plus Foxtel IQ will be appreciated.

That sounds like the sort of price I am after, I am off to HN tomorow to see what I can do.

Where is HN west ?

cheers

Well I reckon I got a pretty damn good deal for my TH-42PA50A. Managed to pick it up for $2430 from Myer in Brisbane. Sticker price on entry to store was $3299 but I think rrp is now around $2999 as that's what most stores had shown today. Told the salesman that I had a price of $2700 already (based on prices paid in this thread) and he was happy to price match that. Consequently got approved for one of their Coles Myer Source Mastercards and got another 10% off that to arrive at $2430. Better yet, I joined up with MyerOne too (instore loyalty scheme - free to join and no fees whatsoever) which will give me $50 back in Myer vouchers once I spend over $2500 according to the brochure. So just $70 more to spend and I get back $50 in voucher form so you could say I got it for $2380 even! All this plus 12 months interest free and not a cent deposit on the Source Mastercard. I just couldn't resist at that price :P And yes the price paid is for a brand new in box panel not an ex demo set.

No other retailer would go below approx $2700 here for me today and they all laughed when I told them I only wanted to pay $2500, pfft what would they know!

Retravision had a deal going on it for $2799 sticker and would move a little but not much. They also had the HD model (current 500 model) for $3999 and would go down to $3899 no problem so probably further if I said lets deal now for those that are interested in the HD panel street price.

Just need to wait for delivery next week and decide on a STB.

Was given the option of extended Myer based warranty too @ $299 for 3 years and $599 for 5 years less 10% deal again. Haven't decided yet though... :blink:

Can't wait for it's arrival!

Has anyone had any recent prices in Sydney? - best I have so far is $ 4,000 for the 42" and $ 6K for the 50" Panasonics. Still contacting retailers but nothing like some of the WA prices yet

I can only share my experience with the 42 inch. If you are ready to deal, try Good Guys in Alexandria. Got $3850 including delivery after I told him I was offered $3850 plus delivery from somewhere else. You may get different results depending on who you talk to however. Ask for Michael Moussa. There is a Bing Lee upstairs at the same place - waste of time!

I finally got mine from Retravision/Home Zone Moore Park for $3,800 including delivery. But that's because we were dicked around re in stock, not in stock for two weeks, then back in stock again. Extended warranty to five years in total for another $400. I think the guy's name was Marc.

I would've been happy to buy from either Michael or Marc. We picked Marc as he was the first guy we really spoke to and spent a bit of time with him.

Has anyone had any recent prices in Sydney? - best I have so far is $ 4,000 for the 42" and $ 6K for the 50" Panasonics. Still contacting retailers but nothing like some of the WA prices yet

Cheers

I have seen as low as $3750 for the 42" but stock is a problem for this model. 50" has a current street price of around $5750.

I have seen as low as $3750 for the 42" but stock is a problem for this model. 50" has a current street price of around $5750.

Where is the 50" $5750?

I had a friend looking 2 weeks ago - stock shortages meant that most reatailers were not moving from aound the $6500 mark. He ended up getting a much better (relative) deal on the Fujitsu! (but Ausid boxes are also in short supply as well).

J.

checked out the pana today and I was dissapointed, fujitsu is hands down a

much better plasma for around $500 dollars more then the 42pv500a pana

I believe that the pioneer is not as good as the fujitsu either, but I will have to

wait another week for the local HN mega store to get them in :blink:

so far the dollars will go to the fujitsu over the pana and pioneer..

I went to store and thought the panny was better than the Fuji, in another store it was other way around, it just depends on the shops set up (usually crappy), maybe go to others stores to compare. I bought the Panny 500A.

I'd love to know some good prices in Melbourne also..  I've going to change my Samsung 5H for one.

I bought around a month ago and while I was comparing models in different stores I couldn't pick the difference between Fuji and Pana exept for black levels (Pana won out there).

So it came down to price in the end, the Pana was literally thousands cheaper (at the time they wouldn't budge on Fuji price) and so I purchased the Pana 50inch 500a for $ 5,550 including 4 year additional waranty, delivered and 15 months interest free!

Curious

awesome deal curious... assuming no deposit req. as well??  Can't go wrong for that price..

Thanks Zorg, I do love my Pana :blink:

I did hand over a 20% deposit, via Amex.

And to prove the exception to the rule, this retailer has provided outstanding service (they even lent me a demo unit while I waited for shipment of mine!) Couldn't fault them for anything, am onto a good thing methinks!!

Curious

Thanks for all the price's in Sydney,

Im getting either 42" or 50" 500A in the next week or so, if i can get the 50" for $5500-$5900 i could get that failing that ill get the 42", so it seems the best place to get the 42" is the good guys alexandria ?

do they really have them for $3999 marked price?

Well i just paid for my first plasma 42" 500A, so i guess im the newest member of the panna clan :blink:

I picked mine up for $4235 inc 5 yr warrenty and delivery, all thanks to a certain DTV forum member pming me a contact :P huge thanks !!!

The breakdown was;

42" 500A $3850

Extened 5 yr warr $385

Delivery $FREE

Im pretty happy with that price, its not a bad deal hey? Delivery Thursday :P

*starts watching clock*