Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

No i live in south east quuensland, but i'm sure if i haggle these guys here i could get it under 4k. I was qouted $4100, that was without putting the pressure on them from Betta Electrical.

Try Goodguys and Retravision in Queensland. These were the two I got good deals from in Sydney, so hopefully you can do even better.

Thanks for that Nickoff. Is there anyone out there from the southeast qld area that has bought one of these tvs for under 4K??

I live in regional South-East Qld. After getting pricing for cash deal on HD Pana at Goodguys and HN on Friday (30 Sept), I went home to ponder the finances.

Saw the info on the forum Saturday about the price drop so I went back in and asked when would those prices be hitting this town. Gave them my number and told them to call.

Today I paid $3,999 cash. Salesman would have been faster if Monday wasn't a public holiday in NSW.

Maybe not a great price for metro, but $1,000 off ticket and over $400 cheaper than Friday's best price thanks to the forum.

Now how many minutes until delivery in the morning?

Guest smandkjc

Hi! Are there any other Kiwis that view this forum that can let me know what they are currently being quoted for either the TH-42PA50A or the TH-PV500A in NZ.

Best prices I have been able to obtain are

NZ$ 4432 for the 50A including the $1000 cabinet and

NZ $5900 for the 500A including the $1000 cabinet

Both prices are delivered, set up, for cash purchase.

Harvey Norman are advertising their 42" TH42PA50A at $3498 and the 42" 500A for $4997.  Home Zone are advertising their 50A for $2969 as are Megamart.  Did not see what the 500A was going for.

ozboyz

I saw quite a few ads like this too.

Just bear in mind you can get a brand new unopened 8th generation Hi Def 42PV500A for circa AU$3600

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtop...ndpost&p=272541

I am going to buy a new 42' or 50' Panasonic plasma, but I dont know how much it should be?

If I pay cash at Good guys store, should I get 10~15% off??

The Good Guys are a bit strange,for cash they will negotiate but for interest free you must go with the marked price.

Now Bing lee,his prices are SO high, you must negotiate or have SUCKER stamped on your forehead! :blink:

Hi guys

Ordered the 500A thru Shoprite (buying service) for $3550, am waiting for delivery later this week.

What????? I got a quote today through shoprite and it was $3874.77 for credit card and 3758.29 for cash and a 3 week wait. How could yours be that much cheaper. Can you send me the reference number or details off list please.

I feel that my good price was due to Rick Hart wrongly advertising the price of this panel last week @ $3788 (apparently by $1000) and I gave them this price and JB's for $3688 that I got of this forum and that was the price I got back. I herd that Rick Hart had withdrawn the $3788 price and that Panasonic had faxed a lot of retailers stating that RH had advertised the wrong price.

I feel that my good price was due to Rick Hart wrongly advertising the price of this panel last week @ $3788 (apparently by $1000) and I gave them this price and JB's for $3688 that I got of this forum and that was the price I got back. I herd that Rick Hart had withdrawn the $3788 price and that Panasonic had faxed a lot of retailers stating that RH had advertised the wrong price.

Got the PV500A tonight from HN City West and it will be delivered Saturday. THe PV500A plus Yamaha RX V657 plus Pana DVD recorder EH60 with added 4 year warranty on the TV and a belkin 8 plug surge protecter for $5180 delivered. Dont care if this was the best price as I am now all excited like a kid at show time. Now just have to put it altogether and for a duffer like me could be a lifelong job. Any help with the above plus Foxtel IQ will be appreciated.

Got the PV500A tonight from HN City West and it will be delivered Saturday. THe PV500A plus Yamaha RX V657 plus Pana DVD recorder EH60 with added 4 year warranty on the TV and a belkin 8 plug surge protecter for $5180 delivered. Dont care if this was the best price as I am now all excited like a kid at show time. Now just have to put it altogether and for a duffer like me could be a lifelong job. Any help with the above plus Foxtel IQ will be appreciated.

Good for you. Don't know much about prices on the other gear but by the sounds of it your plasma is around the sweet spot for the moment, i.e. $3800 to $3900 including five year warranty.

If the delivery people are not assembling it for you, you will need someone to help you put the panel onto the stand. (I assume this is the way you are going.) Take no notice of the instruction book to "lay the panel flat". Just screw the posts onto the stand and get some assistance to lower the panel onto the stand in a vertical fashion. It is fairly easy to feel for the holes under the panel and gently lower it into position.

No clue about Foxtel, but there are two components with analogue sound, plus the HDMI port that can have its digital sound or a separate analogue sound cable. Plus the usual S-Video and composite connectors.

Search for PersianImmortal's settings on this forum. Saves a lot of farting about in the dark. Then fine tune them to your ambient lighting, taste, etc..

You will have a ball!!

Happy viewing.