Anyone into FM radio

I know we are into digital radios and etc but how many of you are still listening to your analogue FM tuners?

BTW, what is the official specs on Australian frequency range for reception and de-emphasis?

47 Labs has launched a new FM tuner and I need to tell them the information for local reception.

4730_tx.gif

4730_01.jpg

4730_02.jpg

JCR cant help on technical details but I listen to ABC Classic FM every morning and night on the bus too and from work. Love it. Also try and tune into their Jazz hours on the weekends on occaisions and just heard abouyt a good Blues show on another FM station in Adelaide on Saturday nights at 6.30pm which Im planing to try out.

JCR cant help on technical details but I listen to ABC Classic FM every morning and night on the bus too and from work. Love it. Also try and tune into their Jazz hours on the weekends on occaisions and just heard abouyt a good Blues show on another FM station in Adelaide on Saturday nights at 6.30pm which Im planing to try out.

hi andy,

Me too, every morning when I drive my boys to school, I am always listening to ABC Classic station, Emma Ayres? Very educational.

Jack,

According to my records, frequency range for FM in Australia is 87.6 to 108.0 MHz. De-emphasis is 50 us.

You should check with ACMA (Australian Communications and Media Authority) who maintain the spectrum in Australia.

cheers

2sheds

Jack,

According to my records, frequency range for FM in Australia is 87.6 to 108.0 MHz. De-emphasis is 50 us.

You should check with ACMA (Australian Communications and Media Authority) who maintain the spectrum in Australia.

cheers

2sheds

Hi 2sheds,

Thanks for the info, it sounds like the range from my car radio.

my listening to fm is about 45% tt 45% cd10%

melbourne

i listen to abc 105.9 fm jazz 5-7 pm sat +sun drive home 5-8 pm sometimes percussive type jazz friday nights 10-12 approx saturday nights from 7 especially after 10 pm -new classical music

abc day time classical and sunday mornings is pretty damn boring

rarely hear anything written after about 1850! and as to the 'god who speaks ' sunday night after the opera [how didi forget the opera?] he sounds like a pompous arch typical high anglican arch deacon for whom australia is still a mono theistic nation

and whose that bourgeoie git who comes on at 10 amm weekdays!!!

and

103.5 good classical mix delivered by competent expert amateurs

tell me i'm missing something good and i'll tune in

then there is

1o6,7 sat 9 -1 jazz

monday am black wax

sunday emma peel! and ....... flight 106 7 to africa bit too ken on post empireal influence stuff but tuesday night jazz too think i need to revise my fm %!!!

soppose the arch deacon is really andythiiiing in disguise

I hadn't been much into FM before recently but now starting to listen to JJJ, mainly "soundlab" at about 11:00pm sunday night and "Roots and all" at 10:00 pm thursday. I just use an Sony portable radio and headphones. I find myself wanting to use my tuner but find it all too difficult to plug it in just for those few times.

Edited by snakeyfi
added more information.

Hi Jack,

I would like a good FM tuner but at this stage I have my eye on a vintage unit from Sansui (the TU-X1) but they don't come along at anything resembling a reasonable price all that often.

A prerequisite is crystal clear reception of both ABC Classic FM (92.9) and 2MBS FM (102.5) here in "metropolitan" Sydney. The live broadcasts are the main attraction for me.

Digital radio does not interest me if they are going to compress the hell out of it.

Good luck with the new 47Labs tuner. BTW, I have been meaning to ask you if ever stock the 47Labs Miyabi Alnico/Standard MC cartridge?

Hi Jack,

I would like a good FM tuner but at this stage I have my eye on a vintage unit from Sansui (the TU-X1) but they don't come along at anything resembling a reasonable price all that often.

A prerequisite is crystal clear reception of both ABC Classic FM (92.9) and 2MBS FM (102.5) here in "metropolitan" Sydney. The live broadcasts are the main attraction for me.

Digital radio does not interest me if they are going to compress the hell out of it.

Good luck with the new 47Labs tuner. BTW, I have been meaning to ask you if ever stock the 47Labs Miyabi Alnico/Standard MC cartridge?

Hi Aaron,

At the moment, 47 Labs is fairly good with delivery leadtime. I am not keeping any stock except those I use for demo. Happy to ask about the leadtime if you are interested.

I do have a brand new Kondo IOM! :love

Me too. I can't imagine FM without it.

Well I assume you both have signed up for another year, yes, I wake up to the Break-Fasters.

I'm actually using my Sansui 771 as a tuner at the moment, bit of a waste, but I have the tape out on it going to my JVC amp and it all sounds pretty good. RRR comes in nice and clear.

I know we are into digital radios and etc but how many of you are still listening to your analogue FM tuners?

Funny you should ask, Grasshopper :love Some months ago I purchased an old analogue AM/FM tuner for a very good price. I rearranged my hi fi and dusted off my old Pioneer A400 amplifier (in perfect working order). The tuner I have is this:

TU-417.jpg

A Sansui TU-417. How does it sound? To my ears wonderful. I am enjoying listening to the 'wireless' very much.

cheers

2sheds

Well I assume you both have signed up for another year, yes, I wake up to the Break-Fasters.

I'm actually using my Sansui 771 as a tuner at the moment, bit of a waste, but I have the tape out on it going to my JVC amp and it all sounds pretty good. RRR comes in nice and clear.

signed up to my own show (Radiotherapy)

Funny you should ask, Grasshopper :D Some months ago I purchased an old analogue AM/FM tuner for a very good price. I rearranged my hi fi and dusted off my old Pioneer A400 amplifier (in perfect working order). The tuner I have is this:

TU-417.jpg

A Sansui TU-417. How does it sound? To my ears wonderful. I am enjoying listening to the 'wireless' very much.

cheers

2sheds

Very nice, must visit you soon. :love

signed up to my own show (Radiotherapy)

ahh haa, I enjoyed the analysis of The United States of Tara the other week, although it was very diplomatic. Actually most of it is quite interesting. I wont ask you to reveal your "Alter Ego", or can I?

Funny you should ask, Grasshopper :love Some months ago I purchased an old analogue AM/FM tuner for a very good price. I rearranged my hi fi and dusted off my old Pioneer A400 amplifier (in perfect working order). The tuner I have is this:

TU-417.jpg

cheers

2sheds

Yes a very nice tuner, there was one for sale on here recently, I was interested but was way too slow. I think a 317 would suit me better. I just bought a silver faced Marantz 112 which I have fixed up and will put that into the mix soon, but I really would like a black faced analogue tuner.

ahh haa, I enjoyed the analysis of The United States of Tara the other week, although it was very diplomatic. Actually most of it is quite interesting. I wont ask you to reveal your "Alter Ego", or can I?

you can ask....... :love

you can ask....... :love

I think I know what the answer will be, I work in a non clinical position at an inner Melbourne Hospital and sometimes wonder if any of the Radiotherapy docs work there.

Back on topic, my wife has a crazy obsession with BAY FM in Geelong. I think she likes the country music they play - but she won't admit it.