Hitachi 42PD7800TA Latest Price?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, guys.

I was going to purchase 42inch Hitachi 42PD7800TA. But I also think of holding off a little while.

Anyone knows when the next Hitachi model is coming up? I heard from Harvey Noman retailer that the new one won't be coming any sooner than November. He further said that there's a high chance they could put the date off for a little bit, and release it next year! :blink: If that's the case, I might as well be better off buying an older one now.

Does anyone have any inside information about this? (Although, I guess the retailer might have exaggerated a little bit in order to sell the stuff to me..)

Also another thing to note is, the next Hitachi model might come from China....

Lasty, I'm really not sure what to make of you.

You start a thread by saying what a wonderful machine the Hitachi is and then follow it up with quoting prices that nobody seems to be able to match and basically telling anyone who bought one in the last 2 months that they were "ripped".

If you can back up your stories, then great. If not, I don't really know what the point is.

Oh, and by the way, I don't have an Hitachi :blink:

Mate, you really need to check your model numbers again.  $4250 sounds like a reasonable price for the MA, not the TA.  So far, the only retailer you've named at this price wouldn't come within a few hundred dollars when questioned by another forum member.  I'm afraid you need more proof...

Let's not scare all the TA owners out there for no reason....

I agree. The average cost price to the retailer on the 7800 series is around $4600 mark. Hitachi tend not to favour retailers over each other due to a limited number of distribution channels. I reckon you have been quoted for the 7000 series without motorised stand & speakers IMO.

I agree. The average cost price to the retailer on the 7800 series is around $4600 mark. Hitachi tend not to favour retailers over each other due to a limited number of distribution channels. I reckon you have been quoted for the 7000 series without motorised stand & speakers IMO.

I doubt very much your statement is true.

Im currently looking in Hong Kong and their advertised screen price is HKD 23,200

which is roughly Aussie $3860.00 model 42PD7800TA.

Check for yourself...www.886.com.hk.. search plasmaTV then click on hitachi.

No doubt there will be GST to pay as well as shipment and currently Im negotiating a price shipped and taxed at $4000.00

Dont let the retailers hoodwink you.

Hitachi are increasing production not decreasing.

Just to let you know on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...item=5797536750

The hitachi plasma 42PD7800ta sold for $3750 !!!! Last saturday.

Unfortunately it appears it was a one off.

Edited by Lasty

Im currently looking in Hong Kong and their advertised screen price is HKD 23,200

No doubt there will be GST to pay as well as shipment and currently Im negotiating a price shipped and taxed at $4000.00

If you are happy forking out nearly $4k to some crowd in Hong Kong, then go for it! Good luck when you have a couple of dead pixels (or worse) or you need to make a warranty claim.. There's a reason these things cost more in Australia - it's called after sales service and the ability to go to a real store and eyeball the sales guy.

As for your ebay bargain, well once again if you are happy to fork out nearly $4k for a shop floor model to someone with a feedback score of 1, then I really hope it works out for you. Sheesh, at least most of the other online sellers have website!

Like I said before, quote one reputable place that will sell anywhere near the price you were quoting and I'll happily believe you..

Lasty, the main unit is about 40kg in a very big box and the stand packaged separately ( I am not sure the speakers), so you have to think about packaging(I don’t think the original boxes are solid enough), delivery charge, insurance and warranty...All the electronics stuffs are cheap over there, but you cannot get it …

I am really happy that the 7000ma delivered to my home from the local shop on Sat. It’s a great unit…

Lasty, the main unit is about 40kg in a very big box and the stand packaged separately ( I am not sure the speakers),  so you have to think about packaging(I don’t think the original boxes are solid enough), delivery charge, insurance and warranty...All the electronics stuffs are cheap over there, but you cannot get it …

I am really happy that the 7000ma delivered to my home from the local shop on Sat. It’s a great unit…

Thanks Blu,

Yes it does look a good unit and I hope you are happy with it.

I guess the only difference between the two units is the motorised swivel stand (which isnt important to me) and the analogue tuner which is as my digital foxtel is limited with the free to air because of the body corp satelite issues (long story)

Could you tell me your set up ie STB, DVD player etc..

Im also looking to run a PC through this at a later stage once software improves.

Thanks Blu,

Yes it does look a good unit and I hope you are happy with it.

I guess the only difference between the two units is the motorised swivel stand (which isnt important to me) and the analogue tuner which is as my digital foxtel is limited with the free to air because of the body corp satelite issues (long story)

Could you tell me your set up ie STB, DVD player etc..

Im also looking to run a PC through this at a later stage once software improves.

Other differences are that the speakers are optional for 7000MA and TA also has got photo input.

I connected the 7000MA to my Denon AV receiver through Component Video and S-Video cables and all the other stuffs (DVD player, PVR and DVB) were linked to the av receiver.

I haven’t got HD STB yet, the unit still shows excellent SD pictures on all the free-air channels by using my cheap PVR (only RCA-RCA to the receiver), playing dvds are excellent too…

The default color settings of the unit were really unacceptable, had to setup them again; I’ve ordered a DVD called “Digital Video Essentials” to help me out... I didn’t realize the control buttons at the bottom until read the manual, that might be a good design to make the front panel looks neat and clean…

Haven’t tried DVI interface yet, currently I’ve only got a desktop with DVI output … I might need a HD-STB or HD-PVR soon…I think this model is well designed to connect to PC, 1024*1024 res and DVI/RGB/HDMI inputs etc.

I’ve heard Windows XP media center – it’s a really good idea that use a media pc to instead of all the dvd player, pvr, dvd recorder, stb … all in one box, but I do concern about the power supply and dvd drive noise – have to figure out a good product…

If you are happy forking out nearly $4k to some crowd in Hong Kong, then go for it!  Good luck when you have a couple of dead pixels (or worse) or you need to make a warranty claim..  There's a reason these things cost more in Australia - it's called after sales service and the ability to go to a real store and eyeball the sales guy.

As for your ebay bargain, well once again if you are happy to fork out nearly $4k for a shop floor model to someone with a feedback score of 1, then I really hope it works out for you.  Sheesh, at least most of the other online sellers have website! 

Like I said before, quote one reputable place that will sell anywhere near the price you were quoting and I'll happily believe you..

I can get you a brand new Hitachi Plasma 42PD7800TA at $4250.00 from a reputable store in Sydney not a display model.

Anyone else interested I will refer you to the salesman.

I can get you a brand new Hitachi Plasma 42PD7800TA at $4250.00 from a reputable store in Sydney not a display model.

Anyone else interested I will refer you to the salesman.

If you can truly get it for that price A) what are you waiting for and B)why are you messing around with a Hong Kong seller to save 300 bucks on a 4k purchase?

If you can truly get it for that price A) what are you waiting for and B)why are you messing around with a Hong Kong seller to save 300 bucks on a 4k purchase?

Firstly I can get it for that price if not a tad cheaper.

Secondly the Hong Kong dude's shipping charges are high and ETA is not known so Im going with the Sydney guy.

Thirdly since Hitachi are releasing a new model 42PD6000CA for $3999 im holding off for a couple of weeks to see what exactly it is.

I have been inform that the panel is 1024x1024 with inbuilt tuner and the speakers are set underneath instead of to the side.Im not sure about the swivel stand as Hitachi Australia hasnt got full specs on it yet when I rang their sales department.

If you want the brand new Hitachi 42PD7800TA @ $4250 just let me know and will put you in touch with the guy in Sydney.

If you dont, then no problems but stop scaring other forumers into paying higher prices for theirs.

Its 7800TA which includes motorised swivel stand and speakers.

Incidently there is an hitachi 42PD 6000ca or ta series to be released with speakers underneath screen RRP $3999 to be leaunched within the next day or so.

Do the model numbers mean anything to anyone, esp in relation to the reported 42PD 6000ca or ta series? I read an earlier post about the new model and would love to know more (even if it is wildly speculative... I love a good rumour)

Well I all but accepted an offer of $4,800 including a 5 year warranty today, but held off cos I want to see the new Panasonics 50" set up proprerly first.

For Canberra, that is a great price given that the warranty (which is generally not discountable) was $600.

Didn't know about the new models, but i wouldn't expect that we will see them in stores for a while yet. I know the RRP or displayed price on the TA has dropped by $500 in the last week.

Rang Hitachi about this model yesterday. The guy had basic specs only. It is not the same panel as the 7800 series. 7800 has 68billion colours and this one 16million. Speakers underneath. Can't remember the other details but lost interest when he said it was a lower spec panel

Went to Panasales today and the best they could do was $4250 cash. They reckon the price of $3990 was a one off due to a dispute with other retailers and aren't prepared to match it. I managed to get JB to match the price of $4250 which seems to be about the best deal going around. Gotta wait 'till payday.......

I managed to get JB to match the price of $4250 which seems to be about the best deal going around. Gotta wait 'till payday.......

I got a similar deal in Canbera. Package price of $4,800 for TA plus 5 year warranty, and they claim the warranty cost is $650. I suspect it is less than that, but even at $600 that makes panel price $4,200. They also threw in Digital Video Essentials ($28) and a DVI cable ($25), so in theory cost of panel was around $4150.

Mind you, I think they probably ripped me for the LG 5100 HD STB at $430, but overall I was happy with the deal.

Very pleased with the panel.

Thanks for sharing your buying experiences. How long have you had the panel for? And is the TA and LST-5100P a good combination to have? I am likely to wait until Xmas before buying the digital stb and watch Foxtel Digital FTA channels during the interim. :blink: