Best prices on Fuji 50" and AUSID STB?

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum so be nice to me :ph34r:

Harvey Norman have currently got 4 years interest free on and I'm looking at buying a fuji 50" plasma (and probably the AUSID STB). I just wanted to know what the best prices are people have been able to pick one up for (i'm in brisbane) so I know how much to haggle. Will probably go to Betta, Retravision etc and do some comparisons on pricing.

I've done a fair bit of reading on the forums and it seems the fuji is the way to go along with the AUSID STB just want to get myself the best deal possible. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HN's are franchises so what you might find in one store you won't find in another, it's worth investigating (although I wouldn't expect them to be anywhere near retravision or megamart in price.)

HN do sell fujitsu as i've checked them out a couple of months back but the STB they probably dont' have but i haven't asked yet.

Well, there ya go...I was told by my local store that HN had a falling-out with Fuji quite some time ago - he neglected to mention that it was the my local store only - therefore I've never visited any other HN stores for that reason (eg. in Melb).

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum so be nice to me :ph34r:

Harvey Norman have currently got 4 years interest free on and I'm looking at buying a fuji 50" plasma (and probably the AUSID STB). I just wanted to know what the best prices are people have been able to pick one up for (i'm in brisbane) so I know how much to haggle. Will probably go to Betta, Retravision etc and do some comparisons on pricing.

I've done a fair bit of reading on the forums and it seems the fuji is the way to go along with the AUSID STB just want to get myself the best deal possible. Thanks in advance.

hi i bought a fuji 50" at mega mart and if you have the cash you can get a good deal another fellow forum member and i got a 50" us model with stand speakers and ausid stb for $8400 then if you apply for a coles myer master card you get 10%off your first puchase with the card which bring the price

down to $7560 and i can tell you with out a doubt that is the best price that anybody has got on the forum even the recent group buy didn"t get anywhere near that price,so if you have the cash that is the way to go just put half on the card and you have 62 days to pay it off,(but make sur you pay it off within the 62 days as the interest after that date is steep ask for ken at mega mart cooperoo and tell him you were talking to steve ps make sure you get the fuji 50"us model ,not the 50"ws or as modelas they don"t have hdmi or the extra calibration settings ,do not mention the price on the open forum could cause problems for the salemen at megamart,if you have any more questions pm me,hope i was some help :blink:

hi i bought a fuji 50" at mega mart and if you have the cash you can get a good deal another fellow forum member and i got a 50" us model with stand speakers and ausid stb for $8400 then  if you apply for a coles myer master card you get 10%off your first puchase with the card which bring the price

down to $7560 and i can tell you with out a doubt that is the best price that anybody has got on the forum even the recent group buy didn"t get anywhere near that price,so if you have the cash that is the way to go just put half on the card and you have 62 days to pay it off,(but make sur you pay it off within the 62 days as the interest after that date is steep ask for ken at mega mart cooperoo and tell him you were talking to steve ps make sure you get the fuji 50"us model ,not the 50"ws or as modelas they don"t have hdmi or the extra calibration settings ,do not mention the price on the open forum could cause problems for the salemen at megamart,if you have any more questions pm me,hope i was some help :blink:

Haven't you just mentioned the price on the open forum? :P

That sounded like a good way to get a good price but I had a look at http://source.com.au/MasterCard/ and could see no reference to this 10% discount. Was it a special deal that has now gone?

I got the 10%off only a month ago just go to myers and ask them if they still have the 10% off there was talk of getting rid of it no harm in asking and that is an awsome saving :blink:

I got the 10%off only a month ago just go to myers and ask them if they still have the 10% off there was talk of getting rid of it no harm in asking and that is an awsome saving :P

well if that deal doesn't exist anymore maybe not so bad as my wife works for the coles myer company so gets 7.5% staff discount at all their stores :P

by the way megamart told me they had never heard of the AUSID and couldn't get them (this was when i called them), where have people purchased these from in brisbane? megamart are offering 4 years int free atm if you purchase it on the source card but i don't have one and i can't see them giving me a 8k limit on a card straight off the bat :blink:

DUR at me you said u got one at megamart :D obviously the guy i spoke to didn't know they sell them.

well if that deal doesn't exist anymore maybe not so bad as my wife works for the coles myer company so gets 7.5% staff discount at all their stores :P

by the way megamart told me they had never heard of the AUSID and couldn't get them (this was when i called them), where have people purchased these from in brisbane? megamart are offering 4 years int free atm if you purchase it on the source card but i don't have one and i can't see them giving me a 8k limit on a card straight off the bat  :blink:

DUR at me you said u got one at megamart :P obviously the guy i spoke to didn't know they sell them.

that is strange i got mine with the panel at mega mart and i"m sure i saw one of the panels hooked up to one,maybe the salemen you was talking to is a newbe,ask them again and say it is the hd stb that is made for the fuji panels that may jolt there memory,as the name ausid to them is a bit of a no name brand to a newbe salemen anyway,hope you have better luck this time :D

that is strange i got mine with the panel at mega mart and i"m sure i saw one of the panels hooked up to one,maybe the salemen you was talking to is a newbe,ask them again and say it is the hd stb that is made for the fuji panels that may jolt there memory,as the name  ausid to them is a bit of a no name brand to a newbe salemen anyway,hope you have better luck this time :blink:

ps try and get the ausid box they are worth there wieght in gold take my word for it,i have the pq is great thru this box :P

You could just edit your post and remove the price you know.... otherwise all sorts of psycho's will be ringing that poor guy and demanding all sorts of prices (and service) over the phone.

hi i bought a fuji 50" at mega mart and if you have the cash you can get a good deal another fellow forum member and i got a 50" us model with stand speakers and ausid stb for $8400 then  if you apply for a coles myer master card you get 10%off your first puchase with the card which bring the price

Not the best price but pretty damn good :P

Not the best price but pretty damn good :blink:

So what is the "Best" or even a "good " price.

The initial quote I got at a store in Canberra was $8999 for the Fuji and $350 for the Ausid witth $9300 for the pair.

Now I know that is not the best price I can get and the salesman even told me he would provide a better quote "when you are ready to buy".

I wouldn't expect him to knock $1000 off so I was expecting probably around $8600 or $8500 at best.

I won't name that store yet, but can anyone suggest somewhere in Canberra where I can do better?