? - Pixel Adaptive deinterlacing - live DTV

Hi All,

Ive been reading a little about the newer radeon drivers (5+) supporting pixel adaptive deinterlacing on the 9800pro (and others).

Has anyone tried (pixel adaptive deinterlacing) with either a dvico or dntv live card? - if so how did you find it?

I note that the pixel adaptive deinterlacing option doesn not appear to be available through fusionhdtv, however I seem to recall seeing it an option with the intervideo driver (I might be wrong :blink: - thus it may be possible to get it working through dntv live

I'd be interested in anyone adventures into this terriroty :-)

Cheers,

Bitey

I have never managed to find the documentation on. But as I understand it, it is a negotiation between the VMR and the video decoder (with obviously the appropriate video hardware and drivers behind it). http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....l9interface.asp

I did experiment with it a while back but it's gone on the backburner for now. If the video decoder property page has a setting for preferred deinterlacing mode set it to pixel adaptive...

I note that the pixel adaptive deinterlacing option doesn not appear to be available through fusionhdtv, however I seem to recall seeing it an option with the intervideo driver (I might be wrong  - thus it may be possible to get it working through dntv live
You are not entirely wrong, DNTV Live! has an option that you can tick to use PowerDVD 6 Pixel Adaptive De-interlacing.

Some people swear by it, I guess the best thing to do is to try it for yourself :blink:

You are not entirely wrong, DNTV Live! has an option that you can tick to use PowerDVD 6 Pixel Adaptive De-interlacing.

Some people swear by it, I guess the best thing to do is to try it for yourself :blink:

Ah powerdvd- close enough :-) I'll give it a shot.. although by no mention of magical improovements im not expecting too much!

Thanks,

Bitey

Well in my FusionHDTV software - when i select bob - it automatically does a pixel adaptive interlace. How can i tell? When i watch the news, the onscreen graphics dont shake all over the place and theres less shaking than sevens upconversion

Well in my FusionHDTV software - when i select bob - it automatically does a pixel adaptive interlace. How can i tell? When i watch the news, the onscreen graphics dont shake all over the place and theres less shaking than sevens upconversion

what happens when you select Bob or Weave deinterlacing in the driver and select Bob in the Fusion software?