Sign in to follow this  
modi

New Panasonic Plasmas?

but much prefer dedicated devices now not just for useability but quality(SQ & PQ) as well.

Its a wonder that didnt start them up again :blink:

I would say its all a matter of time before the 1080p units come down BUT it will happen.

I will say tho the Fuji and Pana's did look pretty damn good for thoses sizes but if you are spending that sort of money wait

I don’t expect that we will see the 70” SXRD within 6 months, and by then the 1080p Plasma’s may be around.

It’s going to be an interesting comparison. :blink:

Its a wonder that didnt start them up again :blink:

If a $6000 scaler can significantly outperform a HTPC for picture quality I’ll be interested.

That has not been proved yet. :P

If a $6000 scaler can significantly outperform a HTPC for picture quality I’ll be interested.

That has not been proved yet. :blink:

That will be interesting when the Dragon Fly is released

Ofleor from AVS has seen the Dragon fly in action and and his comments were hold on to your socks and its hard ot get this guy excited about anything

I am considering a 60” plus Plasma as a fall back option in case the Sony 62” and 70” SXRD displays are not as good as I require.

I have no interest in a 50” display, so is there any word on the availability and quality of a 60” or larger Panasonic?

All scaling and processing will be done externally, so the quality of the internal scaler-processor is not relevant to me.

Interesting timing you should ask that today Owen, as Panasonic are just about to officially announce (later today in the US) their first 1080p 65" plasma at a drastically reduced price over other 60" plasmas. More on Gizmodo

Oh and as a cross reference to another discussion we’re having, if it’s like their new commercial HD plasma range in the US it will accept true 1080p input :blink:

DragonFly = US MSRP Prices: $3,495.00

Lots of buckeroos.

What can I do with over AUD $4,000 in the kitty ?

---- Lets see????????? in PC platform with latest GPU to be fair to be compare :blink:

Let me think about. Go overseas with the change or invest in shares.

DA

Interesting timing you should ask that today Owen, as Panasonic are just about to officially announce (later today in the US) their first 1080p 65" plasma at a drastically reduced price over other 60" plasmas. More on Gizmodo

Oh and as a cross reference to another discussion we’re having, if it’s like their new commercial HD plasma range in the US it will accept true 1080p input :P

That’s looking VERY interesting Darklord. :blink:

Based on price cuts to existing 60-65” models it looking like a price of around $20k could well be achievable in the next year.

If they can get the black levels just a bit better then the current models, this could be a killer display.

2006 is going to be a BIG year. LOL

I don’t play games, so a 1080p input is of no consequence to me.

I just want the best quality BIG screen I can get my hands on for about $20k or less.

I fully expect it will be obsolete in 5 years or less, however life is short and I am not going to wait forever to upgrade.

Roll on 2006.

When it comes to spending money on a home theatre setup, I am more inclined to through the extra $10k plus it would cost for an Algolith Dragonfly-Mosquito combination at a better display, and stick with my HTPC.

I am quite confident that a $20k display with a HTPC will outperform a $10K display with $10k worth of scaler processor.

saw the new panasonis 42" plasma today at myers strathpine brisbane as usual they had it set up straight out of the box and it was total crap so i found the remote spent 5min playing with the settings and the pq is now pretty good if i say so my self the plasma don"t look halve bad and pq is pretty good but i think the fuji is still got the edge by a fair margin ,they had a pioneer 43" next to the panasonic and the setting were straight out of the box again (crap pq) but could not find the remote to change it frustrating, no wonder plasmas get such a bad rap with the way they set them up or i should say don"t set them up,how the hell do they expect to sell them,i nearly throw up when i see them like that :blink: don"t take en instien to work it out no wonder they call them drones :P

This makes for an interesting read off avsforum 65" Panasonic 1080P plasma

Expectations are they'll be $9000US by years end. If thats the case, you'd have to expect decent price cuts across the plasma range.

This makes for an interesting read off avsforum 65" Panasonic 1080P plasma

Expectations are they'll be $9000US by years end. If thats the case, you'd have to expect decent price cuts across the plasma range.

Jesus, gone will be the days you build a house and put a plasma init. With 65inches, the house will be built around the plasma! ( Is that why their trying to charge me an extra $35K for my home?)