Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a definate Australian release date for the new Panasonic PV500 series plasmas. I called up Megamart but they didn't appear to know anything about them.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a definate Australian release date for the new Panasonic PV500 series plasmas.  I called up Megamart but they didn't appear to know anything about them.

I think they're getting let out around August. Not heard much about them yet either.

Jon.....

I'm currently in Japan on business, and saw these plasma's in action via HDMI......OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! Actually there was a Pioneer 505 also that looked damn fine........... Pricey though....which took me by surprise.

• 2 weeks later...
I hope they change there mind and include a HD tuner. Why not compete against the LG. This would certainly open this up to a wider market = more $

maybe not...

Just spotted an add in th Sydney Morning Herald with RRP. :blink:

50inch $8799

42" HD $5999

42" SD $4499

Lcd 58cm-81cm from $2199 to $4499

• Moderators
Saw 96 Panasonic boxes sitting at the Perth Qantas freight terminal last week, boxes being guarded by 2 security Guards.  Don't know the model but it had a big HDMI logo printed on the side of the box.

rgds Damon

after the debacle with the lack of digital video inputs on the last model theyre obviously making a point of it !

I do wonder how these look in the flesh

right, saw the 42" HD tonight. damn the picture is nice. saw it next to pio 435 and compared 10HD bigbother SHOW (on at the time), and it clearly kick ass all over it. both were hooked up via component but and i ran out of time to play around.

goto admit the old vieras had a nicer look to them. keen togo back on the weekend for a second look.

right, saw the 42" HD tonight. damn the picture is nice. saw it next to pio 435 and compared 10HD bigbother SHOW (on at the time), and it clearly kick ass all over it. both were hooked up via component but and i ran out of time to play around.

goto admit the old vieras had a nicer look to them. keen togo back on the weekend for a second look.

Where did you see it Infra?

• Moderators

just on specs the new panas(G8) look way ahead of the others but yes will be interesting in reality just how good they actually are.

Where did you see it Infra?

chatswood dj's. they got it in today. i've been hanging for this release, but was abit disappointed with the units looks... bit pick am I.

funny thing is they had a 5000 ticket price for it with the older model next to it with a $5499 price.

I now have one of the TH-42PV500 Plasmas at home. I must admit, it does look very nice image wise with a HD transmission. In my opinion, just as good as the Fujitsu HD Plasmas but with better blacks than the fuji. On SD, the SD Fuji is superior over the Pana as the PV500 likes to show noise on SD low quality broadcasts. Sound quality wise, it is one of the best Plasma's i've heard ( 4 tweeters & 2 80mm woofers) if you don't plan to use the home theatre. It is the G8 panel with over 8 billion colours. Solarisation is still there but an improvement over previous models.

I now have one of the TH-42PV500 Plasmas at home. I must admit, it does look very nice image wise with a HD transmission. In my opinion, just as good as the Fujitsu HD Plasmas but with better blacks than the fuji. On SD, the SD Fuji is superior over the Pana as the PV500 likes to show noise on SD low quality broadcasts. Sound quality wise, it is one of the best Plasma's i've heard ( 4 tweeters & 2 80mm woofers) if you don't plan to use the home theatre. It is the G8 panel with over 8 billion colours. Solarisation is still there but an improvement over previous models.

Can I ask how much is it?

Good to hear from you on this ddarby. What STB are you using with it?