AWA LCD TV 81cm - Remote Control Code

Guest Crispin1503560129

Guest Crispin1503560129

For the AWA LCD TV 81cm (Model No. TFTD81), I have not been able to get my universal remote to recognise the TV - can anyone tell me the remote control code for this model?

From one of the other AWA LCD TV threads, this model seems to be a re-badge of a Decktron(http://www.decktron.com/products/lcd_32.html) but I can't find the code for this TV either.

Telefix(http://www.hills-telefix.com.au/index.asp) the service agents for this brand haven't been able to help

Thanks all!

For the AWA LCD TV 81cm (Model No. TFTD81), I have not been able to get my universal remote to recognise the TV - can anyone tell me the remote control code for this model?

From one of the other AWA LCD TV threads, this model seems to be a re-badge of a Decktron(http://www.decktron.com/products/lcd_32.html) but I can't find the code for this TV either.

Telefix(http://www.hills-telefix.com.au/index.asp) the service agents for this brand haven't been able to help

Thanks all!

What model universal do you have? Most have a search function. You turn on the TV then start search procedure until TV turns off.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if its relevant, but with my AWA TV .. I can turn it on and off with the TV functions on my LG (vcr) remote. I also programed to use the TV functions on my Panasonic remote (dvd-recorder) by using the 'LG' codes. Maybe something similar?

I will give all of the LG options a go.

I'm using the Logitech Harmony 659 remote to control all my gear.

There was no AWA tv's in Logitech's on-line database, I entered the Dectron DL32-B00P which appears physically identical to the AWA 32" LCD. The automated Harmony wizard selected the Dectron DL26-B00P as the closest match in their database.

This works fine, and I have all the original remotes fuctions available.

I'm using the Logitech Harmony 659 remote to control all my gear.

There was no AWA tv's in Logitech's on-line database, I entered the Dectron DL32-B00P which appears physically identical to the AWA 32" LCD. The automated Harmony wizard selected the Dectron DL26-B00P as the closest match in their database.

This works fine, and I have all the original remotes fuctions available.

I contacted Logitech a few days ago re the AWA TFT D81, and it's now on their database, but I haven't yet received my Harmony, to try it out.

Guest Crispin1503560129

A good response from Telefix, below. Sounds like the Logitech Harmony is the way to go.

"The model of LCD TV that you have has a Phillips/LG panel, so you may find one of these brands will have an equivalent operating frequency (also look for DECKTRON).

"The actual codes that are listed are in fact only memory location numbers generated by the individual manufacturers of these universal remote controls – they are not OEM manufacturers’ codes.

"The only other option would be to try an automatic scan or learning feature if it is available on your universal remote.

"The universal remote should have codes for selected brands in there instruction manual, there are no common codes for a particular brand or model.

"Each universal remote manufacturer have different codes so you would need to contact the supplier of the remote control to see if they can assist you further."

• 4 years later...

Digging up an old thread.

Does anyone know the remote code for this old AWA?

Putting this old TV in the kids room and the remote is almost dead.

Got an elcheapo Audiosonic universal remote but cant find the correct code.

Any help appreciated.

Edit

Oops didnt realise that the archive became active - thought it stayed in archives - hence the new post.

Edited by theslydog