Syd Morning Herald article on digital TV 22.6.05

slydog, the SMH Guide (and Age Green Guide?) list ABC2, abeit in a tiny abbreviated form.

I'd rather they promoted ABC2 and SBS World News to the same page as the main channels to increase awareness that they are there and free to view. Most ppl without pay TV would not even glance at a section labelled "Digital and Primetime Pay TV", as they would assume it was all digital pay TV, IMHO.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing that might help would be having a digital tv guide in the paper and the free local paper. Currently they only have the analogue channels listed.

If there was also a digital page a fair few ppl may start to realise that there are actually a few more channels (all be it only a few) to watch.

Well this is what they do in the Japanese papers anyway.

tsd

for just one whole week, and only in one of my two local papers, they actually listed what was in HD and what wasn't.. but after that, no more :blink:

I'd rather they promoted ABC2 and SBS World News to the same page...

Yeah, that would be good in the local free paper. Maybe people would go 'what the f@#k are these extra channels?' Oh, these are the new digital stuff.

Yeah, that would be good in the local free paper. Maybe people would go 'what the f@#k are these extra channels?' Oh, these are the new digital stuff.

Exactly.

Unless people realise that these channels are being broadcast as Free to Air and are easily accessible, they'll not adopt HDTV.

Take the blinkers off the public.........let them see the future of TV!

Jon........