Sign in to follow this  
scaven

Fujitsu 50 and 42 inch US model group buy

You didn't, I just wanted to make sure it was interpreted that way.

I dont think it would have been

but any way i could be wrong

Glen did you spell that wrong.......same letters but start with the letter S :blink:

only if you ask my wife :P

I was only called that by her today i asked that she come down to work at lunch time, So she had the idea i was being nice taking her to lunch but i had another motive.

BMW had a great and meet with the National staff offering test drives of the new series and she now knows i have my eye on the new 325i

So yes i was called that but there was a not so nice word in front of it

went into Megamart Chadstone yesterday it was criminal the way they had them set up.. Such great looking Fujitsu plasma's sitting there running a crappy composite feed with a horrible picture. How can they expect to sell them.. no salesmen to be seen either. If i was Fujitsu I would have a dedicated tech visit each retailer to ensure the screens were setup correctly ie with the Ausid set top boxes etc.

went into Megamart Chadstone yesterday it was criminal the way they had them set up.. Such great looking Fujitsu plasma's sitting there running a crappy composite feed with a horrible picture.  How can they expect to sell them.. no salesmen to be seen either.  If i was Fujitsu I would have a dedicated tech visit each retailer to ensure the screens were setup correctly ie with the Ausid set top boxes etc.

Yep, it absolutely staggers me that Fuji/Pio/et al don't send out a tech to configure their screens properly. It's such a big-ticket item, surely getting the local rep trained up and have him or her calibrate their own screens would shift a lot more TV's?

For the record.. I'm so p'd off because basically, I got sent the AS model despite my retailed ordering (and being promised) the US model. And now, my retailer has $8190 of mine and they want me to just wait 2 months for the new model. So basically, a 100% deposit with no chance of getting a better price in the future. I believe that the new RRP will be $7499 on the US model 50".

This is why R'vision got smacked on the wrist for selling at $7400 - because the RRP on the previous model is so much higher, that they won't sell any.

Just wish I could get my money back, to be honest. I don't want my retailer just keeping my money for 2 months. I could be earning interest on it.

i feel your pain Cmwedge i would cancel your order and ask for money back. Megamart had the 50" Fuji ticketed at $10,999 which staggers me. The interest earned is a good point. no sign of the Ausid set top box either although no one around to ask. Four salesman having a chat about something amusing.

Yep, it absolutely staggers me that Fuji/Pio/et al don't send out a tech to configure their screens properly. It's such a big-ticket item, surely getting the local rep trained up and have him or her calibrate their own screens would shift a lot more TV's?

For the record.. I'm so p'd off because basically, I got sent the AS model despite my retailed ordering (and being promised) the US model. And now, my retailer has $8190 of mine and they want me to just wait 2 months for the new model. So basically, a 100% deposit with no chance of getting a better price in the future. I believe that the new RRP will be $7499 on the US model 50".

This is why R'vision got smacked on the wrist for selling at $7400 - because the RRP on the previous model is so much higher, that they won't sell any.

Just wish I could get my money back, to be honest. I don't want my retailer just keeping my money for 2 months.  I could be earning interest on it.

it was their screw up so demand your money back

Each day they stall me with 'we're talking to Fujitsu, we're trying to get your TV, blah blah'. I really do want my money back.

I was promised a call by the store owner this morning, so if I hear nothing by midday, I'm calling and asking for a refund. They've had almost a week and they rarely call me when they promise to.

Following on from this is that the DVI input on the AS and WS models are not HDCP compliant

Glenn

Surley that's an software issuse that can turn it on/off![e.g.progressive on Denon players] or is hardware??

cheers laurie

Glenn

Surley that's an software issuse that can turn it on/off![e.g.progressive on Denon players] or is hardware??

cheers laurie

Appaerently not Laurie

I have had a chat to one of the Fujitsu techs and from what was said this is encoded into one of the onboard chips not the BIOS

Each day they stall me with 'we're talking to Fujitsu, we're trying to get your TV, blah blah'. I really do want my money back.

I was promised a call by the store owner this morning, so if I hear nothing by midday, I'm calling and asking for a refund. They've had almost a week and they rarely call me when they promise to.

Sounds to me like there's and Ombudsman/ACCC waiting somewhere to hear from you.

In individual cases you may find that they will call the store directly to sort it out quickly.

this is encoded into one of the onboard chips not the BIOS

Thanks Glenn pity thought a backdoor solution was available :blink:

cheers laurie

Appaerently not Laurie

I have had a chat to one of the Fujitsu techs and from what was said this is encoded into one of the onboard chips not the BIOS

With the non-hdcp models they are goint to get a SH*TLOAD of COMPLAINTS over the YEARS when people start plugging in their HDCP DVD players with DVI aren't they.

What i can't fathom is why physically alter the BIOS so it's not HDCP compliant? What possible reason would Australian consumers or anybody for that matter ever want a product that's not able to use an imminent technology it will require to be used to run at maximum capability? If you ask me it was a scam to force folks unaware to buy another panel when they become aware. It's so insulting.

If you ask me it was a scam to force folks unaware to buy another panel when they become aware. It's so insulting.

At least we have the benefit of someone like Glenn & Forhorn17 to enlighten us of the problem :blink:

cheers laurie

Greetings all,

Ordered a Fujitsu 50-Inch US model / Toshiba STB a couple of days ago (In Adelaide, Thanks Angelo for your help there...)

Went to see the guy today about an unrelated matter, and he said that after I paid the deposit and left the shop he made a phone call to see just how far away they were, and was told they were going to be "here" in 10 days.

(That's a nuisance for us, the builder came around last night and said he can't start on modifying the wall (two-three days work) for AT LEAST a couple of weeks (and they'll be "builders weeks" !!!! )

Hope this helps,

Austen.

PS, Just made this post....

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtop...56entry217456

Seeking thoughts on the best way to connect it all up. Any thoughts appreciated !!!

What i can't fathom is why physically alter the BIOS so it's not HDCP compliant?  What possible reason would Australian consumers or anybody for that matter ever want a product that's not able to use an imminent technology it will require to be used to run at maximum capability?  If you ask me it was a scam to force folks unaware to buy another panel when they become aware.  It's so insulting.

Aspro

It was not scam Fujitsu Japan thought that Oz and the UK did not need a HDCP enabled port so never produced one of their models

This goes to show you that Japan dont give a crap about us or the UK and most or europe got the same deal were as the US had a HDCP enabled input.

Remember the US is the largest market for Plasma'a so companies will do what ever it takes ot keep them happy.

The UK also started to import the US models until one was produced for them as well this is were we are at the moment the guys here and in UK went ot Japan to battle it out with the parent company and came back with a solution

mate, the extra cost of not altering the HDCP dvi connection would have been zero to Fujitsu Japan because they already makem for the US. So again i ask why do such an idiotic thing knowing full well we'd need them?

mate, the extra cost of not altering the HDCP dvi connection would have been zero to Fujitsu Japan because they already makem for the US.  So again i ask why do such an idiotic thing knowing full well we'd need them?

Thats the thing they did not think we needed them as they did not think UK and Europe needed them if may have come down to who asked for them

There would have been a cost involved but stuff all

They didn't think HDCP copy protection would be used outside US/Japan?

Hehe, btw..there would of been no cost because it wouldn't cost any different than what they're already making. What they were doing was saving a few bucks each panel leaving it off which is just as insulting.

They didn't think HDCP copy protection would be used outside US/Japan?

Thats the go

They would have re introduced it into the next model i think

They dont understand that Australia and to a lesser degree UK are early adopters of technology or did not give a **** about us

But either way the situation is being rectified but also remember to a certain degree we are being screwed by all manufactures dont for get Panasonic released a panel with out a digital input at all.

Also Panasonic have released the 7 series commercial here in oz with out a digital input at standard and at this point even if you fit optional card it does not handel 50Hz

The we have the Pioneer cemmercial unit also without HDCP

Hehe, btw..there would of been no cost because it wouldn't cost any different than what they're already making.  What they were doing was saving a few bucks each panel leaving it off which is just as insulting.

You could argue that point all day

It cost more to make it with HDMI or it cost less without it either way its a cost

Hehe, btw..there would of been no cost because it wouldn't cost any different than what they're already making.  What they were doing was saving a few bucks each panel leaving it off which is just as insulting.

You could argue that point all day

It cost more to make it with HDMI or it cost less without it either way its a cost

I know, it's obviously done by them all because they know we'll need to buy new panels if we want it. It's extremely wrong.