Fujitsu 50 and 42 inch US model group buy

Good work cmdwedge,

By the way how big is the box Glenn, will I be able to fit it in a AU Falcon standing up in the back (with plenty of blankets of course)?

Scaven

Hey dude you will not fit in the back of your car standing up

Box measurements are 890mm high x 1310mm Long x 480mm deep

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate much to my wifes distress i have the boxes to all my equipment even to a 12 year old Sony CD player

I keep the boxes too. I even have the original carton and packaging for my 1950 Zenith Trans-Oceanic (check the internet) S/W radio. No, I didn't buy it new!

I was going to say dude i didnt think you were that old

The trouble is, I'm as old as the radio. The bonus is, I can afford not to work anymore as of today. The downside of that is that I already spend too much time doing useless stuff like reading internet forums etc etc.

The trouble is, I'm as old as the radio.  The bonus is, I can afford not to work anymore as of today.  The downside of that is that I already spend too much time doing useless stuff like reading internet forums etc etc.

LOL

Thats fair mate i think i will work until i am 60 as my hobby will not faid so i will need all the cash i can get so damn thats another 22 years of work :blink:

Well this is interesting since I just got a call from Retravision Taren Point to say that my plasma has arrived, and since I read cmdwedge's post I got the guy to go and triple check that it is the US model, he called me back and confirmed that it is "definately" the US model.

I will be picking it up tommorrow.

scaven!!!!

I know its only 9:17am... but...

have you got it yet, have you got it yet, have you got it yet!!!!

Is it US? Is it US???

hehe :blink:

Hi guys, just been doing my own research in regards to the US model, there are no 42 around and ETA is about 6-8 weeks, there are som AS models.

As for the 50 inch about a week but definately not 7400. Best price I could get was $7999. And that was from that place in Taren point. You al probably already know most of this but I thought just an update on the latest as I been chasing all day yesterday and today. And I have been following this thread from the start.

Hi guys, just been doing my own research in regards to the US model, there are no 42 around and ETA is about 6-8 weeks, there are som AS models.

As for the 50 inch about a week but definately not 7400. Best price I could get was $7999. And that was from that place in Taren point. You al  probably already know most of this but I thought just an update on the latest as I been chasing all day yesterday and today. And I have been following this thread from the start.

Hmmm...

Well Scaven is grabbing his 50" US today (hopefully), and that was 7400 from Taren point.

I know cmdwedge had a quote yesterday for 7400, for 50" US, from Taren porint, with delivery in a matter of days.

And I know that I have mine on order in Melb, 50" US, and that was 7400... still unclear as to delivery times for me.

cheers :blink:

I guess I might try again, but he was pretty firm. Before I could ask about price he cut in and said "I know what you are going to say and we don't/cant do them for 7400."

Taren Point have been told off about their pricing and making the unit available. Fujitsu are now watching this thread. Under no circumstances will Taren Point do a US model for $7400 anymore. I have not preordered one and am dropping out of this farce.

I will be honest with you here and tell you that the salesperson from Taren Point said "some idiot posted on the internet that he got one for $7400, now Fujitsu have found out and they've told my manager that he cannot sell anymore at that price". I was then told to call them back in a couple of months to get pricing then. So no more US model, and no more $7400. The salesperson even said that 'there are no US models in the country' which is utter BS - Scaven had a US model probably a few metres from where this BS artist was standing when he told me that.

This is the most ridiculous sales technique I've ever seen, Fujitsu. If you don't want people to stop buying your plasmas and waiting for a new model, DON'T GIVE ANY OF THEM TO ANYONE IN THE COUNTRY.

"I will be honest with you here and tell you that the salesperson from Taren Point said "some idiot posted on the internet that he got one for $7400, now Fujitsu have found out and they've told my manager that he cannot sell anymore at that price"."

I hope Fujitsu are watching this thread...my understanding is that a supplier dictating the price at which a retailer can sell their product is a breach of Trade Practices...the ACCC dishes out $m fines for this behaviour. I'm copying this thread to the ACCC email line now...

Perhaps if the Fujutsu people are called to account, this farce will end

"I will be honest with you here and tell you that the salesperson from Taren Point said "some idiot posted on the internet that he got one for $7400, now Fujitsu have found out and they've told my manager that he cannot sell anymore at that price"."

I hope Fujitsu are watching this thread...my understanding is that a supplier dictating the price at which a retailer can sell their product is a breach of Trade Practices...the ACCC dishes out $m fines for this behaviour.  I'm copying this thread to the ACCC email line now...

Perhaps if the Fujutsu people are called to account, this farce will end

My quote is as verbatim as I can remember it (he said it about 4pm yesterday).

Fujitsu is really shooting themselves in the foot, here. Stop trying to pawn off inferior products to this country.

Taren Point have been told off about their pricing and making the unit available. Fujitsu are now watching this thread. Under no circumstances will Taren Point do a US model for $7400 anymore. I have not preordered one and am dropping out of this farce.

I will be honest with you here and tell you that the salesperson from Taren Point said "some idiot posted on the internet that he got one for $7400, now Fujitsu have found out and they've told my manager that he cannot sell anymore at that price". I was then told to call them back in a couple of months to get pricing then. So no more US model, and no more $7400. The salesperson even said that 'there are no US models in the country' which is utter BS - Scaven had a US model probably a few metres from where this BS artist was standing when he told me that.

This is the most ridiculous sales technique I've ever seen, Fujitsu. If you don't want people to stop buying your plasmas and waiting for a new model, DON'T GIVE ANY OF THEM TO ANYONE IN THE COUNTRY.

Oh no, fuji spat the dummy!

I am not understanding why couldn't fuji just release 50US models only specifically to those that asked? Surely many people buy 50" plasmas without knowing/caring what hdmi is? So there would be ample still interest in the WS model.

Geez, i thought people being hungry for top of the line yet to be release nvidia/ATI cards was bad.

All the bad press to fuji aside. If you want the panel, your just going to have to wait. Really, what the diff if you can get it for $7400 or $8000 or $8400. At that price range these differences are small, surely? Mind you after handing over $7000 just last week i feel like i just spent all my future pocket money for a few years. I'm not game to spend anything else on anything for a while.

:blink:

I was actually just thinking that myself!!!

I am absolutely torn here. I want the Fuji as I have read such good things from glenncol, et al. But it seems that a MXE1 can be had for as little as $7000, with professional calibration, delivery, etc etc etc.

Fujitsu could learn something from Pioneer in customer service.

I truly wish glenncol had added the MXE1 to his roadtest, not the 505. The 505 looks shocking.

I am absolutely torn here. I want the Fuji as I have read such good things from glenncol, et al. But it seems that a MXE1 can be had for as little as $7000, with professional calibration, delivery, etc etc etc.

Fujitsu could learn something from Pioneer in customer service.

I truly wish glenncol had added the MXE1 to his roadtest, not the 505. The 505 looks shocking.

I am trying to get a hold of one to the moment which will not be an issue but timing might be

scaven!!!!

I know its only 9:17am... but...

have you got it yet, have you got it yet, have you got it yet!!!!

Is it US? Is it US???

hehe :blink:

ha ha

I will be picking it up at about 3:30pm, had to organise a minivan from my uncle.

Will let you know tonight.

I just finished hooking up my new Oppo DVD player and Whatmough Opus speakers, so all is in readiness for the arrival.

Cheers,

Scaven

What a saga. Unbelievable.

Pioneer, anyone?

:blink:

Yes, one of us has already converted. Me.

I'm mostly impatient when it comes to getting serviced and in this day and age almost everything is oriented to customer satisfaction.

Off topic: I'm just sick of being treated (as an Australian) like someone who is happy to bend over backwards for international suppliers who think that we as a country don't count for much. Well maybe as a unit number one plasma doesn't count but as a dollar value it certainly does.

I'm not saying i purchased a 50mxe1 to stick it to fuji. Far from it since the pio was my second choice, if price was not an issue. But getting the pio in 4 days from order was too tempting for me to passs up. But there are better men out there.

Final point to fuji and panasonic: Decide to send us inferior products or not undate the old gen to new gen and we (if i can speak for some others) will not buy your product. FULL STOP.