Sign in to follow this  
scaven

Fujitsu 50 and 42 inch US model group buy

I know, it's obviously done by them all because they know we'll need to buy new panels if we want it.  It's extremely wrong.

I agree 100%

But Fujitsu is doing the right thing addressing the issue and so is Pioneer but damn the Pio card will be between $1600 and $2000

Panasonic at this point will neither confirm of deny a 50Hz card will be available for the commercial panels

I agree 100%

But Fujitsu is doing the right thing addressing the issue and so is Pioneer but damn the Pio card will be between $1600 and $2000

Panasonic at this point will neither confirm of deny a 50Hz card will be available for the commercial panels

Aaron seemed to think it will cost much less than this, particularly if Pioneer supply the new card instead of the standard card, which itself has a cost to them. Might be worth looking into for anyone is thinking of buying.

I agree 100%

hey glencol have you any info on the upcoming recommended retail price of the 50"fuju as one of the forum members mentioned a price of $7500 is that right? or hearsay?

hey glencol have you any info on the upcoming recommended retail price of the 50"fuju as one of the forum members mentioned a price of $7500 is that right? or hearsay?

on the 50"fuji 40series us model

Oh Boy!!

This US Fuji has really turned into a monster :blink:

I would say total hear say honestly

Nobody would know this at the moment except Fujitsu and i really dont think they will let that slip

Glad I could help.

10 Days you little frigen beauty , one can only take so much of a 81cm LCD !

:blink::P

You could argue that point all day

It cost more to make it with HDMI or it cost less without it either way its a cost

I vaguely recall hearing some time ago that manufacturers of HDCP enabled devices had to pay some form of royalty, in which case there would be a cost differential between a HDCP compliant and a non-HDCP conmpliant implementation on the same device

Aaron seemed to think it will cost much less than this, particularly if Pioneer supply the new card instead of the standard card, which itself has a cost to them.  Might be worth looking into for anyone is thinking of buying.

My advice is similar, ie <$1600. Its still bigish bikkies for an upgrade

Maybe I should book it in with Aaron now (as well as a re-calibration) .. :blink::P

OK guys,

I have a price of $7400 for the 50 inch and $5200 for the 42 inch, this includes speakers and choice of stand or wall mount, this is in Sydney.

This thread is to see who is interested in the group buy and discuss how we are going to do it.

I haven't done one of these before so I'm not sure how we should proceed.

I will be talking to this retailer tommorrow after he has spoken to Fujitsu and we will go from there.

So if your interested leave a message here and we will get the numbers and then later in the week I will let everyone know how we can go forward with this.

Scaven

OK guys,

I have a price of $7400 for the 50 inch and $5200 for the 42 inch, this includes speakers and choice of stand or wall mount, this is in Sydney.

This thread is to see who is interested in the group buy and discuss how we are going to do it.

I haven't done one of these before so I'm not sure how we should proceed.

I will be talking to this retailer tommorrow after he has spoken to Fujitsu and we will go from there.

So if your interested leave a message here and we will get the numbers and then later in the week I will let everyone know how we can go forward with this.

Scaven

Got a call today to say my 50" US panel has arrived (Sydney) and will be delivered early next week after ordering it on Sunday($7400) .For those still chasing this panel there should be some available in a few weeks.

Send me a PM for details if your interested as the salesman asked me not to write any details on this site.

P.s Special thanks Glencol for pushing me in the right direction as i have discovered its a fine peice of machinery and cant wait for delivery date.

Got a call today to say my 50" US panel has arrived (Sydney)  and will be delivered early next week after ordering it on Sunday($7400) .For those still chasing this panel there should  be some available in a few weeks.

Send me a PM for details if your interested as the salesman asked me not to write any details on this site.

P.s Special thanks Glencol for pushing me in the right direction as i have discovered its a fine peice of machinery and cant wait for delivery date.

Congrats dude

Let us all know how you go

Forgot to also thanks Scaven for his posting for where to find this panel and very happy as it happened quicker than expected.

No problem, unfortunatley my post posting caused some trouble :blink:

Anyway I've had this panel for 3 days now, and it is definately worth the wait.

I wish I didn't have to go to work so I could sit and watch DVD's all day :P

Scaven

Hi guys,

First of all I would just like to say a big thank-you to all that have put so much effort into researching these panels, obtaining pricing and for all your expertise. It is quite surprising how little the drones at stores actually know .. and I must say that the worst store I have been to is Encel Niddrie … very rude indeed. The shoot-out by Glenncol was exceptional and unbiased and speaks volumes on both the conduct of the shoot-out and also his knowledge.

I am new to the forum but have read most of your posts regarding the 50 inch Fujitsu 40US model. I too have been looking for quite some time for a panel and was blown away by the quality of the WS model. I had recorded (via composite) from an Optus box some small clips onto a DV tape and played this back at several stores.

I compared the Hitach 55 inch (e-ALiS), the Pioneer 505HD and the Fujitsu 30 and 40 WS models at several stores. IMHO, I thought that the Pioneer did not handle the composite signal at all well, very grainy (even after enabling the DNR settings) and faces did not appear realistic … quite plastic looking. The use of plastic instead of a glass panel has really put this unit behind most. Also there is quite noticeable judder when using component (white noticeable in panning shots of football), however HDMI does not exhibit this. Other than that, it is quite a good unit, 5 yr warranty etc etc.

The Hitachi handled the composite signal very well actually and together with its LTI and CTI enhancements was quite good. However having said this, due to the limited 256 grey scale, dark scenes are very bad on the Hitachi with a lot of polerization evident. Solerization was also extremely pronounced. Quite evident also was cross colour bleeding in using composite which was eliminated using S-video. In contrast, the Pioneer had much less using composite.

The 50 inch WS (30 and 40 series) Fujitsu was just amazing! Composite looked pristine with little if any noise (obviously a hard working 3D comb filter at work) and I was quite surprised … as too were most people that saw this. The PQ of this panel is just amazing and really can not be done justice here. You must really take a look for yourself and believe your eyes. Specs do not mean anything, believe what you see.

All panels were also compared with HD material via RGB (using a laptop) with the Fujitsu excelling … especially in colour depth (thanks to its Panasonic glass) and detail in low brightness areas of the picture thanks to the AVMII processing.

Why did I choose to record and test using a composite signal. IMHO, using such a low quality signal really demonstrates the ability of a PDP’s processor to scale, enhance colour space, NR, etc and in general clean up the image. The Pioneer 505HD obviously is “tuned” for much higher quality connections and it is for this reason that composite looked quite ordinary to say the least. I must admit that the Pioneer through DVD (via HDMI) is stunning, however I find that the plastic instead of the glass panel really takes away from what could have been quite a good HD panel. Unless you want it to double up as a mirror ! hehe.

I too like a lot on the forum have just pre-ordered the 50 inch 40US model (Melbourne) with AUSID (as recommended by all on this forum). I have one question for anyone using the AUSID HD STB. I am interested in a universal remote, however not sure if the AUSID uses IR or RF (or both). The sales person said that it can be mounted on the back of the panel and still be functional … so I am assuming RF (but could be based on deflection of IR). Any assistance would be extremely greatly appreciated.

Also, is there a reduction in PQ since the AUSID does not have HDMI or DVI?

Thank-you to all once again for making our dreams (for some of us at least) become reality. I can not wait to receive the 40US and have been waiting for a very very long time for a panel that I thought worthy of my money. I think this is the one guys !! :blink:

Hi guys,

First of all I would just like to say a big thank-you to all that have put so much effort into researching these panels, obtaining pricing and for all your expertise. It is quite surprising how little the drones at stores actually know .. and I must say that the worst store I have been to is Encel Niddrie … very rude indeed.  The shoot-out by Glenncol was exceptional and unbiased and speaks volumes on both the conduct of the shoot-out and also his knowledge.

I am new to the forum but have read most of your posts regarding the 50 inch Fujitsu 40US model.  I too have been looking for quite some time for a panel and was blown away by the quality of the WS model.  I had recorded (via composite) from an Optus box some small clips onto a DV tape and played this back at several stores. 

I compared the Hitach 55 inch (e-ALiS), the Pioneer 505HD and the Fujitsu 30 and 40 WS models at several stores.  IMHO, I thought that the Pioneer did not handle the composite signal at all well, very grainy (even after enabling the DNR settings) and faces did not appear realistic … quite plastic looking.  The use of plastic instead of a glass panel has really put this unit behind most.  Also there is quite noticeable judder when using component (white noticeable in panning shots of football), however HDMI does not exhibit this. Other than that, it is quite a good unit, 5 yr warranty etc etc.

The Hitachi handled the composite signal very well actually and together with its LTI and CTI enhancements was quite good.  However having said this, due to the limited 256 grey scale, dark scenes are very bad on the Hitachi with a lot of polerization evident.  Solerization was also extremely pronounced.  Quite evident also was cross colour bleeding in using composite which was eliminated using S-video.  In contrast, the Pioneer had much less using composite.

The 50 inch WS (30 and 40 series) Fujitsu was just amazing!  Composite looked pristine with little if any noise (obviously a hard working 3D comb filter at work) and I was quite surprised … as too were most people that saw this.  The PQ of this panel is just amazing and really can not be done justice here.  You must really take a look for yourself and believe your eyes.  Specs do not mean anything, believe what you see.

All panels were also compared with HD material via RGB (using a laptop) with the Fujitsu excelling … especially in colour depth (thanks to its Panasonic glass) and detail in low brightness areas of the picture thanks to the AVMII processing.

Why did I choose to record and test using a composite signal.  IMHO, using such a low quality signal really demonstrates the ability of a PDP’s processor to scale, enhance colour space, NR, etc and in general clean up the image.  The Pioneer 505HD obviously is “tuned” for much higher quality connections and it is for this reason that composite looked quite ordinary to say the least.  I must admit that the Pioneer through DVD (via HDMI) is stunning, however I find that the plastic instead of the glass panel really takes away from what could have been quite a good HD panel.  Unless you want it to double up as a mirror !  hehe.

I too like a lot on the forum have just pre-ordered the 50 inch 40US model (Melbourne) with AUSID (as recommended by all on this forum).  I have one question for anyone using the AUSID HD STB.  I am interested in a universal remote, however not sure if the AUSID uses IR or RF (or both).  The sales person said that it can be mounted on the back of the panel and still be functional … so I am assuming RF (but could be based on deflection of IR).  Any assistance would be extremely greatly appreciated.

Also, is there a reduction in PQ since the AUSID does not have HDMI or DVI?

Thank-you to all once again for making our dreams (for some of us at least) become reality.  I can not wait to receive the 40US and have been waiting for a very very long time for a panel that I thought worthy of my money.  I think this is the one guys !!  :blink:

Hey dude great choice on the Plasma :P

The AUSID is standard RF but you can buy a optional IR receiver that plugs in to the STB.

The AUSID comes with a cradle that can be attached inbetween the wall mount and the plasma but can really be mounted anywhere and works great.

You are right about Encel in Niddrie man the guys out there are all due for a operation to remove the sticks shoved up their butts

Thanks for the fast reply Glenncol, much appreciated.

Hehehe, your not wrong about Encel, they think they know it all .. until they open their mouth. Hehehe. What gets me with them is that they are so insistent and rude that they belittle the customer even though they are wrong !!

I take it that if an IR receiver for the STB can be attached, the remote is dual IR/RF transmitting?

Do you know what price I would be looking at for the IR receiver for the AUSID and where I would be able to obtain one of these. Very hard to find any specs on this STB … you definitely are a wealth of information Glenncol. :P

Lastly, have you found any loss in PQ compared to say the LG and TEAC via DVI compared to component via the AUSID?

Just to make sure ... the AUSID is HD right?? The guy wasn't too sure at the shop and I couldn't find any specs on it, but because of the high recommendation from the AUSID owners, I got it anyway. * worried look * hehehe.

Found the feature of PinP which can even be used via the AUX in (composite) to be very useful ! There are not many boxes that enable that. It definitely looks like a magic box like you had said a few posts ago.

Thanks dude. :blink:

Thanks for the fast reply Glenncol, much appreciated.

Hehehe, your not wrong about Encel, they think they know it all .. until they open their mouth.  Hehehe.  What gets me with them is that they are so insistent and rude that they belittle the customer even though they are wrong !!

I take it that if an IR receiver for the STB can be attached, the remote is dual IR/RF transmitting?

Do you know what price I would be looking at for the IR receiver for the AUSID and where I would be able to obtain one of these.  Very hard to find any specs on this STB … you definitely are a wealth of information Glenncol.  :P 

Lastly, have you found any loss in PQ compared to say the LG and TEAC via DVI compared to component via the AUSID?

Just to make sure ... the AUSID is HD right??  The guy wasn't too sure at the shop and I couldn't find any specs on it, but because of the high recommendation from the AUSID owners, I got it anyway.  * worried look * hehehe.

Found the feature of PinP which can even be used via the AUX in (composite) to be very useful !  There are not many boxes that enable that.  It definitely looks like a magic box like you had said a few posts ago.

Thanks dude.  :blink:

I am really not sure on the price of the IR units and should be available from the likes of Mega Mart and really anyone that stocks the box

The AUSID is a HD box and i cannot say there is any difference between this and the LG or Teac as far as PQ goes but damn it steps ahead in the signal qaulity area eliminatiing some of those bloody annoying artefacts

Can anyone help me out here with this screen.

I'm looking to buy this week. I've not seen the fuji in action but downloaded the broucher.

1.Seems to have every cable I would need but what would be best to use to run my digitv htpc with nvidia card, website mentions DVI-D (compatible with pc only). Using HDRGB at momnet, but would dvi be the best way to connect to fuji?

2. Concerned about screen burn as kids seem to leave games paused for hours, does it have screen saver that can be customised?, could neot find any details.

3. I can't find specs for AUSID HD STB on google?

4. Best price for the 42' in sydney?

cheers