Fujitsu 50 and 42 inch US model group buy

Couldn't agree more, shinrai. This is the age of the internet - companies can no longer pull this kind of stunt and expect prosumers to put up with it.

Fujitsu are losing reputation each day that this farce goes on.

Glenn - I for one would LOVE to see the MXE1 go head to head with the P50XHA40US. It's in the same price bracket, I think that it's a fair comparison. Especially love to hear how you like the AUSID with the MXE.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taren Point have been told off about their pricing and making the unit available. Fujitsu are now watching this thread. Under no circumstances will Taren Point do a US model for $7400 anymore. I have not preordered one and am dropping out of this farce.

I will be honest with you here and tell you that the salesperson from Taren Point said "some idiot posted on the internet that he got one for $7400, now Fujitsu have found out and they've told my manager that he cannot sell anymore at that price". I was then told to call them back in a couple of months to get pricing then. So no more US model, and no more $7400. The salesperson even said that 'there are no US models in the country' which is utter BS - Scaven had a US model probably a few metres from where this BS artist was standing when he told me that.

This is the most ridiculous sales technique I've ever seen, Fujitsu. If you don't want people to stop buying your plasmas and waiting for a new model, DON'T GIVE ANY OF THEM TO ANYONE IN THE COUNTRY.

I am also now filling out a price fixing complaint to the ACCC quoting this. It's illegal and makes me sick that distro's should put pressure on retailers. Highly illegal and really cheeses me off!

If you want any further details, just PM me and I'm happy to help. Not a word I've said is a lie (though at the time, I didn't realise that Fuji were price fixing.. I was just pissed that I wasn't allowed to buy one at that price!).

:blink:

Fuji had better pray that glenn's review of the MXE1 doesn't point to the Pio being a better buy. They have a window of opportunity to sell 50+ plasma displays but they're keeping the stock in the warehouse, in the hope that we just give in and buy their inferior model.

One genuine Fuji buyer (shinrai) has already up and left. This latest fiasco will possibly shift some more people.

Fujitsu, if you are indeed listening, pull your head out of your arse and just sell both models. Keep your AS in the market, and sell the US to anyone who specifically requests that model number. You will still move your AS stock. No-one is caving and buying an AS if they know that you have the US in your warehouse, and they're deadset keen on the HDMI model.

That, or retool the AS to add the HDMI input.

Yes, one of us has already converted. Me.

This makes me pleased that I am an impatient bugger - I went for the MXE1 based on shinrai's feedback and previous examples of Fujitsu's failure to deliver. I am very pleased with the result - quick delivery and I cant fault the PQ on the inputs I watch most - Foxtel digital & DVDs. I do need to upgrade my STB, the current el cheapo SD is not appealing.

eCheers

The MXE1 i am looking at has been calibrated and will be waiting until the Fujitsu

any early comments? Is the uncalibrated Fuji any match for the calibrated MXE1?

I would have thought that, having had the US for a while, perhaps you'd be able to take a glance at the Pio and have a feel for how it stacks up?

Or not :blink:

Ok I have sent a complaint to the ACCC. Basically just stated that I believe that they're in contravention of section 48:

"I believe this is in clear contravention of section 48 of the Trade Practices Act 1974, by attempting to induce retailers of the Plasma P50XHA40US not to sell those goods at that price of $7400."

I urge anyone and everyone that finds these sort of actions by distributors loathsome to send a complaint about this to the ACCC.

Keep in mind we are talking about a distributor here. If a retailer needs to feed the kids and can't go below a price because of that then that's fine. But if we have retailers willing and able to sell at particular prices that get threatened by distributors then that's what I have problems with.

Here's my complaint.

Date received

21st June 2005

Product description

Fujitsu P50XHA40US plasma TV

Product provider

Fujitsu Australia

Complaint description

Good afternoon, I recently was in contact with Retravision in Caringbah (yesterday morning), they said that they could sell me a Fujitsu P50XHA40US TV for $7400, and could have one available for me this week at that price (I was to pickup the unit). I found the price from an internet forum, where the purchaser (who has actually gone ahead and bought the TV at this price) posted the pricing, store location, and salesperson's name. I then got a call later that afternoon from a salesperson at Retravision, stating that he was unable to sell me the TV at that price, as his manager had had an angry call from Fujitsu, who had told them (Retravision) off for selling the unit at this price. I was then told to call back in a couple of months to get pricing then. This model is not readily available, but it can be obtained from retailers if you speak to Fujitsu's 'preferrered resellers'. Local retailers in Canberra cannot get pricing below $7950 but these preferred retailers can - two Megamarts and I think 2 Retravisions have stated that they can get it at $7400. It seems that Fujitsu are now aware of the internet forum and have put the brakes on these retailers selling the unit at this price. The forum post is at http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=19366 Thanks for your time. Phillip

I truly wish glenncol had added the MXE1 to his roadtest, not the 505. The 505 looks shocking.

Yes, the 505 can look bad when set to "dynamic" as in most showrooms. A little intelligent tweaking will make it look very good and full calibration, magnificent.

Don't expect the MXE to be a totally different beast though. Aaron is probably the person most familiar with these units and he has posted on this forum that both are about on a par out of the box, but the MXE can be calibrated more comprehensively and conveniently than the 505.

Pioneer have a beaut side-by-side comparo on their website. After looking into it very thoroughly, I chose the 505 for reasons that were valid to me (as posted previously). I can see why others would choose differently, but I haven't regretted my decision for a minute!

Ok I have sent a complaint to the ACCC.  Basically just stated that I believe that they're in contravention of section 48:

"I believe this is in clear contravention of section 48 of the Trade Practices Act 1974, by attempting to induce retailers of the Plasma P50XHA40US not to sell those goods at that price of $7400."

I urge anyone and everyone that finds these sort of actions by distributors loathsome to send a complaint about this to the ACCC. 

Keep in mind we are talking about a distributor here. If a retailer needs to feed the kids and can't go below a price because of that then that's fine. But if we have retailers willing and able to sell at particular prices that get threatened by distributors then that's what I have problems with.

Hey Nobby

I agree with what you are saying after being bitten like this once before but we also have to take into account is the retailer being truthful by blaiming Fujitsu or are they trying to save face.

I have had retailers try this in the past making excuses for not selling at a cheaper price saying the distributor will crack the shits only to find out its a policy they make a certain margin by the retailers boss.

We also must take into account that Fujitsu may have offered the AS and WS models at a much much cheaper price to run them out before bringing in the US model thus the retailer can do $7400 on the AS and WS models but can not on the US which people are asking for. But the retialer will see a cheaper price in the on the price list and assume it allies to all models.

I am not sure what is happening but please consider these options

Easy to answer - see whether other retailers will still sell at the $7400 price point.

If not, price fixing.

Maybe not so easy

If one retailer sells the Fujitsu at $8000 and others see this and the units are selling why would another retailer sell less if the shop down the road at a higher price

just things to consider

I agree with what you are saying after being bitten like this once before but we also have to take into account is the retailer being truthful by blaiming Fujitsu or are they trying to save face.

I don't have a problem with the retailer going oops and saying "sorry we sold it too cheap to the other guy it was a mistake it's $xxx now." If they have lied they now have Fujitsu to answer to as they have said its through pressure from Fujitsu.

Either way the consumer is being misled and taken for a ride with these BS games that they play.

I don't have a problem with the retailer going oops and saying "sorry we sold it too cheap to the other guy it was a mistake it's $xxx now." If they have lied they now have Fujitsu to answer to as they have said its through pressure from Fujitsu.

Either way the consumer is being misled and taken for a ride with these BS games that they play.

I just think with a ACCC complaint we will have everyones back up

Ok guys,

Yes I got a 50 inch US model for the mentioned price and it is magnificent, however the owner of the store has asked me to delete the details of the store etc as something has happened between them and Fujitsu although he wouldn't go into details.

I will be deleting the store information or getting a Mod to do it for me.

I was told by him that they couldn't sell this model for the price I got it for so I don't know what happened?

Anyway I told him I would not stir up anymore trouble so I will not be partaking in this thread regarding the price fixing etc.

Sorry about this guys but I don't want to make matters worse for him as he was quite a nice bloke.

If you want me to talk about the Fujitsu I will post my report in another thread.

Sorry guys I know this is frustrating for you all, and I'm personally sorry I have caused this trouble for the retailer and it seems Fujitsu.

Also I don't see that complaining to the ACCC will help anyone get this model sooner.

Scaven

I would like to see Fujitsu make some sort of definitive announcement or release date for the new panels. If they had said it was going to be September back in May, then people wouldn't be as anxious or worked up about it.

If anyone from Fujitsu is reading this, then a little information will go a long way to re-establishing your credibility and motivation in this forum.

however the owner of the store has asked me to delete the details of the store etc as something has happened between them and Fujitsu although he wouldn't go into details.

I was told by him that they couldn't sell this model for the price I got it for so I don't know what happened?

*lol* the plot thickens.

You guys, good on you for getting it at that price and good on the retailers, this isn't about the reatilers. As consumers you should also be very very concerned with this sort of tom-foolery that the distributors get up to with retailers that are trying to make a living which you have benefited from by getting those displays at a great price.

I would like to see Fujitsu make some sort of definitive announcement or release date for the new panels. If they had said it was going to be September back in May, then people wouldn't be as anxious or worked up about it.

If anyone from Fujitsu is reading this, then a little information will go a long way to re-establishing your credibility and motivation in this forum.

I dont really think you will see them making an announcement as they would still have stock to get rid of

Ok guys,

Yes I got a 50 inch US model for the mentioned price and it is magnificent, however the owner of the store has asked me to delete the details of the store etc as something has happened between them and Fujitsu although he wouldn't go into details.

I will be deleting the store information or getting a Mod to do it for me.

Anyway I told him I would not stir up anymore trouble so I will not be partaking in this thread regarding the price fixing etc.

Sorry about this guys but I don't want to make matters worse for him as he was quite a nice bloke.

If you want me to talk about the Fujitsu I will post my report in another thread.

Sorry guys I know this is frustrating for you all, and I'm personally sorry I have caused this trouble for the retailer and it seems Fujitsu.

Also I don't see that complaining to the ACCC will help anyone get this model sooner.

Scaven

Congrats dude

At least we didnt have to call in the storm troopers